Mans Akerlund
Sweden
Hagersten
flag msg tools
If the Tyrell house card Queen of Thorns is used in a battle can it be used to remove an Order token from a house that is only supporting (against Tyrell) in that battle. The card kind of says so but we interpreted it in our last session as though it could only affect the two direct parties of the battle i.e. the defender or the attacker and not supporting houses. All those 's, well in this instance just one, are confusing for a non-native English speaker or at least for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher M
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
Awesome Possum
mbmbmbmbmb
It only applies to your opponent, not to others supporting. I think most house cards are this way unless they specifically state otherwise like Renly Baratheon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Michaels
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the removal of the order mandatory?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.J.
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
al_fredo wrote:

Yes - the card doesn't say 'may'. If there's a legitimate target for this card, it should be executed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hall
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perrytom wrote:
al_fredo wrote:

Yes - the card doesn't say 'may'. If there's a legitimate target for this card, it should be executed.
You are correct that the card doesn't say may - I had never played that it was obligatory, but I suppose it would be rare not to want to (perhaps if it were an agreed combat to recycle one or both hands).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.J.
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamer42_au wrote:
Perrytom wrote:
al_fredo wrote:

You are correct that the card doesn't say may - I had never played that it was obligatory, but I suppose it would be rare not to want to (perhaps if it were an agreed combat to recycle one or both hands).

I'd be happy to hear what other players think about it - I always took the cards to mean that there is no choice about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brad sheehan
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Not sure if its mandatory or not, but why waste one of your more powerful cards on a fight that you don't want to take advantage of the ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.J.
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well, if it's your last card at hand and you're in a situation where you're attacked by an ally for the purposes of refreshing your hand to fight a joint enemy that's on the brink of winning - you might want to avoid hurting them. It's not very common but not completely improbable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.J.
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly that happened in a game, prompting a user to raise the question on a separate thread:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/9760022#9760022

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.