Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Emerson
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just cracked open my new copy of Cave Evil and found something a bit odd with the Abyss deck. The card stock appears to be different (thicker) than all the other cards. The stack of 70 cards is about a quarter inch taller than the other decks which also have 70 cards in them. The other strange thing is the sides of the Abyss deck cards have tiny bumps on them as if they were punched out of a larger sheet of stock - none of the other cards have this, they are smooth sided.

Is this normal? Anyone else notice this?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The company who originally printing our decks mucked up 135 decks, due to a machine problem. They tried to pass them off but the cards were just too messed up. I assume your deck is one of the replacements that had to be made of the Abyss deck.

This had to be done at a different factory, according to our card manufacturer, making stock different.

This was the reason we could not sell games in December and most of January, we were waiting for the replacement deck and the replacement rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Emerson
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a huge problem but I do wish they were a bit more cleanly cut. Thanks for the quick reply!

Looking forward to playing the game.

-Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.