Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a pre-release copy of Thunderstone Advance: Towers of Ruin at the local convention over Presidents Day. When I got it open and began to sort out the cards, I did not see a divider for one of the four starting cards - Thunderstone Shard.

So I wrote to AEG and they very nicely and very quickly sent me another set of dividers, but again, no Thunderstone Shard divider. While I scratch my head trying to figure this out, I'm using one of the five Basic Deck dividers.

Is anyone else having this problem? Am I just not seeing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a copy yet, but the Thunderstone Shards are basic cards. I think it should just be two copies in each basic deck, and you don't need any dividers for them because there shouldn't be any extras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct. We have five Basic Deck dividers, which each hold 6 regulars, 2 torches, 2 longspears, and 2 shards.

There a dividers for the extra spears, torches, and regulars.

If you have more than 10 Shards, then that is the packing error, because there are no extras for the village.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
That is correct. We have five Basic Deck dividers, which each hold 6 regulars, 2 torches, 2 longspears, and 2 shards.

There a dividers for the extra spears, torches, and regulars.

If you have more than 10 Shards, then that is the packing error, because there are no extras for the village.

OK, I see now.

Just for the record, I wasn't planning on using those Basic Deck dividers because I'm pretty familiar with the game. Given a choice, I'd rather put all 10 Thunderstone Shards in their own divider, but I can see why AEG did it this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, they switched over to the Nightfall method of dividing starting decks. I'm a little disappointed in that choice, but I suppose I'll live.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Skylar114 wrote:
Yeah, they switched over to the Nightfall method of dividing starting decks. I'm a little disappointed in that choice, but I suppose I'll live.

Will you? Will you, really?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László Stadler
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand what the problem here is. Having dividers for each starting hand is a great idea. Less time to set up the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stadi wrote:
I don't understand what the problem here is. Having dividers for each starting hand is a great idea. Less time to set up the game.

Both systems get the job done, I just had no idea when opening the box that this was the plan. Everything else has its own divider so I thought one had been left out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
.308 Jake
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just about to email them about my missing divider. Thanks for the post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.