Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Nicewander
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my copy of ST:FC yesterday (Thurs. 2/23) and the packaging appears much better than I've seen on the complaint threads.

First, there is a "sheet" of foam padding over the ships, and only one of the ships was broken off the click base (clean seperation between the black base that the bottom end of the clear pole is attached and the clix dial itself, easy peasy fix. Also, it was forced in backwards of the diagram or I doubt that would have broken).

Overall the ships are in great shape. One Klingon D7 has nacelles that are bent up so they are almost parallel with the hull, but they are both bent that way and look kinda cool actually. There are a couple mis-glued nacelles, most notably the Prometheus, that I may want to take off and re-glue, but it's not very noticeable unless looking close in and top down. All in all I'm very happy with the ships.

The cards also have a formed, clear plastic cover, so there is no chance of them breaking free now (that was a main issue wasn't it?).

The cards seem to be very nice. Not very thin at all. The map tiles are still very thin, however, but definitely playable.

I think Wizkids may have fixed the storage/breakage issue.

*EDIT* Obviously I need to look at the forums better next time. I did look over the subject lines and thought it would be new info, but I should have looked inside some of them (like the poll on damage) to see that I have no new info here. Sorry about that. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they apparently changed the packaging system midway to prevent the numerous breaks just from cards slamming into the ships.

Sounds like they still have big QC issues with assembly of the minis though.

But at least that can be fixed with some hot water and a little maneuvering the piece, or re-gluing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition, the large plastic insert (the one that goes in the bottom of the box) is different and somewhat sturdier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy of STFC last Christmas, and it had the new packaging. I was quite pleased with it. I've had to cut the plastic insert where the cards sit to allow them all to fit with sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what can i do to make turning the 'click base' easier? a good % of my ships are unable to turn 1 way past a certain point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
what can i do to make turning the 'click base' easier? a good % of my ships are unable to turn 1 way past a certain point.

I haven't had this problem, but this thread looks like a good tutorial: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/704424/how-to-properly-fix-d...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bwian wrote:
abe18 wrote:

I haven't had this problem, but this thread looks like a good tutorial: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/704424/how-to-properly-fix-d...

ok thanks, i will take a look. dont know how i missed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.