$10.00

My two best friends and I have been playing Risk Legacy religiously over the past month. One of them is moving to Texas this weekend. Before he moves we're finishing out our last games of Risk Legacy.

As a going away present my friend Johnny and I bought Brent a copy of Risk Legacy - we're all obsessed with the game right now. As sort of an extra we made him some new Risk Legacy cards. For what I had to work with I think they turned out pretty fantastic. I used some super amateur Gimp skills, an inkjet printer, and card stock. Here are a couple of pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/Lqg8j

(Please note that all of these pictures were taken BEFORE I finished trimming them, there are a few that you can still see a little bit of the white.)

Let me know what you guys think! We're going to start trying to come up with our own little expansion pack with "scars" to use with the next group we play with.

Obviously, using these cards is up to the discretion of the group and we realize that they will sometimes tip the balance heavily in someone's favor, and/or just make the game unbalanced.
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An exceptional farewell gift indeed. Brent is lucky to have you 2 as friends. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Caldwell
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't normally tip a whole but it is my intention to reinforce this behavior on BGG. Awesome. Just Awesome. thumbsup

Looking at these cards, it occurred to me that groups playing with kids could use player-specific missions and events to limit weaknesses or player-specific behavior. Turtle-cure cards, anyone?

Let us know when you start taking orders for custom cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Marysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Though here at journey's end I lie in darkness buried deep, beyond all towerrs strong and high, beyond all mountains steep, above all shadows rides the Sun, and Stars forever dwell: I will not say the Day is done, nor bid the Stars farewell.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ack!!! The spoilers!! Please edit the post to put "Spoilers regarding Brent's Exceptional Risk Expansion Deck" in the title. Now you've ruined Brent's Exceptional Risk Expansion Deck for me! Oh the humanity!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The amusement value of this would probably be higher if you didn't lead with AIDS. Just ask Liam Neeson how well AIDS works in comedy:
http://t.co/b3ZHbxc4

If you haven't actually given it yet and there's still time for edits: some spelling points:

"Missile" spelled "Missle" in "Global Thermonuclear War"
"Bane" spelled "Bain" on "The Bain of Brent's Existence".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thatmarkguy wrote:
The amusement value of this would probably be higher if you didn't lead with AIDS. Just ask Liam Neeson how well AIDS works in comedy:
http://t.co/b3ZHbxc4

If you haven't actually given it yet and there's still time for edits: some spelling points:

"Missile" spelled "Missle" in "Global Thermonuclear War"
"Bane" spelled "Bain" on "The Bain of Brent's Existence".

Sorry to have led with aids! I just uploaded them, I didn't intend for them to be in any specific order.

Also thanks for the spelling corrections, I'm terrible at spelling and I was in hurry to make them as I didn't have a lot of time to get it done. I will correct it.

Darth Headbutt wrote:
Ack!!! The spoilers!! Please edit the post to put "Spoilers regarding Brent's Exceptional Risk Expansion Deck" in the title. Now you've ruined Brent's Exceptional Risk Expansion Deck for me! Oh the humanity!

I read about halfway through this thinking CRAP CRAP CRAP!!! And then I realized you were joking, sorry I ruined the expansion for you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
August222 wrote:
I don't normally tip a whole but it is my intention to reinforce this behavior on BGG. Awesome. Just Awesome. thumbsup

Looking at these cards, it occurred to me that groups playing with kids could use player-specific missions and events to limit weaknesses or player-specific behavior. Turtle-cure cards, anyone?

Let us know when you start taking orders for custom cards.

Thank you for the kind words!

It is our intention to eventually make a small expansion deck to bring more balance and extend the life of play.

The plan for the next deck, since me and my friend will have more time to work on it, is to print everything on a laser color printer and use the glossy paper more like the original cards. I think when I can do a full sheet of those we'll be in good shape.

Thanks again for the compliments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that is awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.