Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nyn -
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not clear if this is the correct forum topic to post this under. If it is not, I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

My daughter, 6, has been taken by Tom Vasel's Dice Tower Reviews and would like to do some game reviews of her own on video and make them available for other kids her age.

I'm very comfortable around computers and software (I started my career in tech support), but I don't have much experience with creating and editing videos. I've done some research via google but most of what's out there is focussed on either those who want to make movies, or those who want a talking head video.

I'd like to do something creative & interactive where I can incorporate close ups of the game with fun, green screen environments of my daughter giving her analysis.

Are there any helpful threads or videos that might help in this vein? I'd much appreciate any advice or links the community might offer in this regard.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nyn -
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I should add that I'm interested in advice on the type of camera that would be recommended (are multiples needed), peripherals (remote controls?), suggestions on location, lighting, setup, anything of that sort while keeping in mind this is for interactive game reviews done by a 6 year old girl.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Howell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We'd be happy to share our experience with you.
We've posted over 100 video reviews of board games that our kids have done. Drop me a Geekmail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene
United States
Venice
Florida
flag msg tools
Brought to you by: The Legitimate Gamermen's Club
mbmbmbmbmb
thenyn wrote:
I'm not clear if this is the correct forum topic to post this under. If it is not, I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

My daughter, 6, has been taken by Tom Vasel's Dice Tower Reviews and would like to do some game reviews of her own on video and make them available for other kids her age.

I'm very comfortable around computers and software (I started my career in tech support), but I don't have much experience with creating and editing videos. I've done some research via google but most of what's out there is focussed on either those who want to make movies, or those who want a talking head video.

I'd like to do something creative & interactive where I can incorporate close ups of the game with fun, green screen environments of my daughter giving her analysis.

Are there any helpful threads or videos that might help in this vein? I'd much appreciate any advice or links the community might offer in this regard.

Thanks in advance!

Not so much on the technical/instructional side of things; but here's a link to a young gamer named Hayden(along with his dad) that's done some really great game reviews.
Maybe it could give you a few ideas of how to go about them.
http://www.youtube.com/user/HaydenTeeter/videos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronnie
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
We wanna be free. We wanna be free to do what we wanna do. And we wanna play games. And we wanna have a good time. And that's what we're gonna do. We're gonna have a good time; We're gonna have a party...
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a great behind the scenes video by Castelli Reviews: /video/13629/james-castelli/behind-the-scenes-of-castelli-re...

I thought this was very enlightening!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nyn -
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link! This is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.