$10.00
Dan Hodges
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Hi Guys,

OK, progress a bit slower this week given it's been half-term in the Hodges household, so family has taken precedence.

Still managed to make a bit more progress on the Event Cards though, including my own personal favourite which recalls the famous charge by Sgt. Drake and James Arnold on the German units besieging the Police Station. When you visit Birkham Stokes there's a plaque on the wall specifically commemorating the event, although the police station itself, like much of the UK, is now an estate agents.

Thanks for all the feedback on the board; very clear consensus in favour of
mounted, so that's what we're going with.

Thanks also to Richard Fluck, (rjfluck), who pointed out there's a very interesting documentary currently being broadcast on BBC Radio 4, based around the invasion and its aftermath. You can catch "The Resistance of Mrs Brown" here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01chygt/The_Resistance...

Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huw Barton
United Kingdom
Leicester
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope, just hope that there is an event card associated with this...

...the biggest mistake Hitler ever made was invading Ms Featherlake's hockey pitch...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hodges
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
..there is...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
I aten't dead yet...
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hbarton wrote:
...the biggest mistake Hitler ever made was invading Ms Featherlake's hockey pitch...

He wouldn't learn... you just don't mess with the "Jam and Jerusalem" crew.

Jim
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hodges
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
...a fatal, if common, error...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.