Popular Tags: [View All]
David Sant
United States
Easton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Eric!

How long did you curl before retiring? (why did you retire?)
What position did you play/prefer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Schulman
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! The Man with the Golden Voice just received a Golden Geek of the Week Microbadge! Congrats!

A non-gamer question:

What was the first person EVER to praise your voice?
What is, in your opinion, the magnum opus of the literature?

And gamer's question?

2 prolific designers you admire?
3 games you would save from the eminent apocalypse?
1 mechanic you love? and 1 you hate?

Congrats and enjoy your week

Pablo Schulman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Calder
United States
Freehold
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Eric! Keep up the good work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raimond
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götalands län
flag msg tools
Northern Lights
badge
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. (Carl Sagan 1934-1996)
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well deserved thumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grigg Lumbermanson
Iceland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the name eric summerer is as famous to me as ryan secrest. i mean this in a good way :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
This overtext is far more interesting than I am.
badge
One die to rule them all.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Eric!

Some questions for you:

d10-1 Do you play RPG and video games? If so, which are your favorites?

d10-2 What are your favorite games to play with your family members?

d10-3 Which board games most scratches your curling itch?

d10-4 What is your favorite part of the site?

Have a great and well-deserved week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bush
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Eric

You da man!

I can't imagine how mind-blowing it would be to be in a boring stuffy training at work and suddenly here the majestic Eric Summerer narrarating!

I can see it now:

ME: No way! That's Eric Summerer's voice!!!!

COWORKER: Who's that?

ME: The co-host of the dice tower!

COWORKER: What's a dice tower?

ME: You know, the podcast about board games?

COWORKER: You listen to a podcast about board games?

ME: Shut up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meshell Heelbeck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!!! meeple meeple meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Williams
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
www.ormistonwhisky.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, have a great week.

Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Eric!

d10-1What is your favourite colour when playing a boardgame?
d10-2Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter?
d10-3Do you play an instrument? If yes, which one and for how long already?
d10-4Having fun?
d10-5What would have been your name if your parents didn't name you Eric?
d10-6What is your favourite snack?
d10-7 What is your favourite day of the week?
d10-8What is your favourite time of day?
d10-9 What character would you be in a Star Trek setting?
d10-1d10-0 What makes you "tick" (inspires you, why do you get up in the morning)?
d10-1d10-1 What is your life-long dream?

Enjoy your week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Brunscheen
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Eric! Thanks for !ll the work you do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Sturm
United States
Lancaster
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Long deserved for a great guy. Congratulations Eric.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Eric. I also enjoy the dicetower. You help make my drive to work much more enjoyable. At least, once a week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Eric!

Enjoy your week of game and glory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Gurganus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
WooHoo Eric!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam E
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Congrats!

What are some of the game you are really looking forward to playing with your son?

I have a newborn and I CANNOT wait to be able to play games with him. The patient waiting games begin for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cedro Gomes
Brazil
Aguas Claras
DF
flag msg tools
Pinky: "Gee Brain what are we gonna do tonight ?" Brain: "The same thing we do everynight Pinky. Try to take over the world !"
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cedro Gomes
Brazil
Aguas Claras
DF
flag msg tools
Pinky: "Gee Brain what are we gonna do tonight ?" Brain: "The same thing we do everynight Pinky. Try to take over the world !"
mbmbmbmbmb
My questions:

d10-0 How did you meet BGG ?

d10-1 What are the qualities of a good player ?

d10-2 What is your favorite ABSTRACT GAME ?

d10-3 Can you describe yourself as a gammer ?

d10-4 Do you have any unfulfilled dream ?

d10-5 Why doesn't McDonald's sell hotdogs ?

d10-6 Do you wake up or open your eyes first ?

d10-7 If you blew a bubble in space would it pop ?

Enjoy your week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Summerer
United States
Hamden
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Will talk for food!
mbmbmbmbmb
Csigs wrote:
When are you having another 30th birthday party?

I think my wife is terrified of trying to top that year's surprise party. I keep telling her it doesn't have to be a surprise. We should just invite everybody over for a big game day.

Maybe for 35...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Summerer
United States
Hamden
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Will talk for food!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jrtolf wrote:
Congratulations, Eric!

Of all the games you have never played, which two games are you most wanting to try?

Oh boy, this one's tough. I'm sure I'm missing something, but two that come to mind are Die Macher and Twilight Struggle. I'm not convinced that I'll enjoy either, but I feel like I should play them at least once for the experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Summerer
United States
Hamden
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Will talk for food!
mbmbmbmbmb
engdy wrote:
It's about time! Glad to see your bust in the GOTW panoply.

My first question: What company do I need to work for in order to hear some Summerer Six Sigma Soliloquy?

Q2: Have you and Jeb ever attended the same con? Ever gamed with him?

Q3: That helmeted die at the top of the tower in your video introductions: What is he saying before he falls? It sounds like "Ding dong dang... whaaah!" but that doesn't make any sense.

1: I can't be sure who they sell the courses to, but the company I do most of my Six Sigma work for is called Skillsoft. They're out of Nashua, NH.

2: I've never had the "pleasure" of attending a con with Mr. McGillicuddy. One of the reasons we don't hear from him much these days is that I never really identified with the character. If I don't have a good premise to run with, he's not very fun to listen to.

3: I haven't the slightest idea. I always thought it was either "ying jao da!" or "Paul is dead." I'm not sure which.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Summerer
United States
Hamden
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Will talk for food!
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
Hey Eric! What is the highest number of different Australian accents you've had to do for a single book series?

So far, three. Though what made it extra fun was the fact that two of them were twins, and at once point inhabiting the same body. These are the things that make my job exciting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Summerer
United States
Hamden
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Will talk for food!
mbmbmbmbmb
fehrmeister wrote:
Congrats Eric! I hope you have a superb week. It's high time you were given this honor!

Here are my questions for you:
- What are the top 3 games you've never played that you would like to try if given the chance?
- Do you ever plan on going to the Boardgamegeek.CON convention?
- In your opinion, what is the best thing about being a father?
- What is the last game you played with your child? What's the last game you played with your wife?

Thanks for you all do to promote this hobby and for keeping such a consistent, cheerful attitude on The Dice Tower week in and week out, even though I'm sure there are days where it's harder than others.

1. Ack! I have to come up with another one? Okay, so in addition to Die Macher and Twilight Struggle, I'd love to play Roads and Boats some day. I really enjoy the Splotter games, and this one sounds right up my alley.
2. I would love to make it to BGG.con, but so far two things have kept me away. One is its proximity to Thanksgiving (already planning travel and time off). The other is that during the time between when registration opens and I finally talk myself into making the trip, the darn thing sells out. Seriously? It sells out in like 5 days!
3. There are so many things I love about being a dad, it's hard to pick just one. (Cliche, right?) One of my favorites is all of the little changes that happen day by day, that you just sort of notice all of a sudden. The baby started pointing today, for example, or the 4 year old started pronouncing "l"s correctly all of a sudden. It's a bunch of miniature giant breakthroughs. The smiles and hugs don't hurt, either.
4. My son's really into The Magic Labyrinth right now, though I'm a little frustrated that he managed to feed one of the tokens to the dog while I wasn't in the room. The last game my wife and I played was Flash Point Fire Rescue, which she really enjoys so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Summerer
United States
Hamden
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Will talk for food!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
Congratulations Eric, this is very well deserved. Good choice James.

1 What game would you like to play if the two of us met for a game?

2 Are you, or have you been, a roleplayer?

3 Do you yearn to play some game that your regular game buddies refuse to play?

4 Do you have an old favorite game that you wax about nostalgically, but cannot quite bring yourself to get to the table again, and if so, why?

5 What influences your love of Merchant of Venus, is it the fact that it's a pick-up-and-deliver game, its theme of exploring space, or something completely different? Whatever it is, do you have a top five list of such games?

6 If you had the chance to go back in time and give young Eric, who is just about to fall in love with board games some advice or perhaps even a stack of games, would you?

Have a great week and enjoy the honor of being Geek of the Week.

1 I'd like to play what you'd like to play. What better way to get to you know you than by playing your favorite? Unless you wanted to play Merchant of Venus. 'cause we could do that.

2 Aside from a handful of one-off D&D sessions many years ago, I haven't really done any serious role playing. I can't even really say why. I'm sure I would have fun if I tried it. Perhaps I've been wary of the commitment of a traditional long-term RPG campaign.

3 My game group is pretty good about trying anything once, so I haven't really felt like my picks have been avoided. Perhaps Tales of the Arabian Nights, a game that I adore with the right group, but that my usual gathering did not take to at all.

4 Monopoly. I don't think it's just nostalgia, either. Monopoly isn't a bad game when played correctly, and the last time I did play, it took only 90 minutes and was a pretty good time. But even with my family, other, newer games have eclipsed it. I'm sure I will play it with my kids at some point, but I have a whole mess of games to play with them first...

5 It's a combination of several of those factors and more. I love the theme, the exploration, the risk/reward aspects of planning your route and upgrading your ship, and the narrative arc that results from the way the board develops. In my mind, there's nothing quite like it, though I've heard Merchants and Marauders can compare favorably. Perhaps that sould be fourth on my list of games to play?

6 Hi Eric, it's Future Eric. I know you're having a blast exploring all of these new games, and I know you want to be the first to play all of these new Essen releases, but you don't need to go crazy on that German order. All of the good ones will make it over here very soon, and you're only going to like two or three of them in a couple years. Trust me. Be patient. And start listening to podcasts now. You'll have less catching up to do later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.