Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rkik
United States
Jamestown
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the moves made in the Influence action sequential, or do they happen simultaneously?

For example, if on the following hexes I have an influence disk on hexes A and B:

A B C D

I place an influence disk from my Influence track onto C, and then move the influence disk from B to D, since I now have a connection from C to D?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
living overseas
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sequential
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kay Black
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
The problem with this is that on page 10 of the manual it states that the only options you have for moving discs during influence are the following 2:
- From your influence track onto an empty hex
- From one of your hexes onto your influence track

So while the move are, as you guessed, in sequential order, you can't move a disc from B to D after having moved one from your influence track to hex C. That would mean you would have moved 3 discs during your influence action, which is illegal. You can move a single disc from, say, Hex A to hex C, though, but that would count as both your moves for the action (decomposed into "move disc from hex A to influence track", then "move disc from influence track to hex C").

Hope that clears it up.

This is wrong. See below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
K_Black wrote:
The problem with this is that on page 10 of the manual it states that the only options you have for moving discs during influence are the following 2:
- From your influence track onto an empty hex
- From one of your hexes onto your influence track

So while the move are, as you guessed, in sequential order, you can't move a disc from B to D after having moved one from your influence track to hex C. That would mean you would have moved 3 discs during your influence action, which is illegal. You can move a single disc from, say, Hex A to hex C, though, but that would count as both your moves for the action (decomposed into "move disc from hex A to influence track", then "move disc from influence track to hex C").

I'm sorry K_Black, but you're wrong.

Eclipse Rules Book Page 10 wrote:
By selecting the Influence action, you may move up to two Influence Discs. These moves may be:
• from your Influence Track, or
• from a hex where you have an Influence Disc
• to a hex that does not contain an Influence Disc or an en­emy Ship and is adjacent to a hex where you have a disc or a Ship, or
• to a hex where only you have a Ship, or
• back to your Influence Track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kay Black
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
Whoa. I'm sorry, I just checked the English rulebook PDF from here and you're right. The french version says the same thing, but in 2 paragraphs instead of 5 bullet points and I guess I got confused. I'll keep that in mind during my next game tonight.

Can you confirm that this still means that you can just "reset" your influence over a single hex in a single influence action? Like when you want to "re-purpose" gray squares by removing, then putting back an influence disk?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Archer
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When it says "two disk" does that mean they must be different disks. For example, can I do Influence, put a disk out to get a discovery tile and then take that disc back?

BOb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sampo Sikiö
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
designer
it's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky / it's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight / they say the sun is sometimes eclipsed by a moon / you know i don't see you when she walks in the room
badge
Shapers of Dorado
mbmbmbmbmb
pilotbob wrote:
For example, can I do Influence, put a disk out to get a discovery tile and then take that disc back?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.