$10.00
Paul Vogt

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been working on my own homemade mini expansion for this game for a while now. I wanted to see how we could play full-blown armies in a game primarily designed around questing. To do so, I've created a new card type - the Army. At this point I have is a seven page word doc with two pages of rules to explain how Armies are put into play and how they difer from Characters (a.k.a. Heroes and Allies) and then five pages worth of cards for the four spheres and neutral cards.

All in all, the expansion has 18 total cards designed for it - four for each sphere and two neutral cards. These cards (and the rules for that matter) are still in early development, but the rough structure is there. I'm looking for some help to do some rough mock-ups of the cards and more importantly players willing to playtest the cards in both solo and multiplayer formats. Anyone who helps will have their name added to the final pdf of the expansion which I will be putting up over at The Hopeless Gamer - www.thehopelessgamer.blogspot.com. I plan on keeping a design blog over there as well for those interested in following along.

If you're interested in helping out in any capacity or just want to see what I've got, feel free to post a reply here or you can send an email to TheHopelessGamer@gmail.com. I've copied the introduction for the document below to give you a better idea of the purpose and function of the expansion.

Introduction
Armies are a new card type for the LotR LCG from Fantasy Flight Games. This mini expansion is very much a work of a fan of the game and not meant to be considered as condoned by or really having any connection at all with Fantasy Flight Games or the Tolkien estate.

Through out the epic stories told by J.R.R. Tolkien, the heroes and champions of the free peoples feature heavily, and yet armies play a strong role as well. Without the mustering of Rohan, King Theoden could not have rode across the fields of Pelennor to defeat the king of the Haradrim in single combat. Aragorn alone could not have turned the tide of that same battle without the rangers of the Dunedain and armies from Southern Gondor. While Sam and Frodo courageously trekked across Mordor, King Elessar's army drew the gaze of Sauron away from the tiny hobbits and toward the threat at his front gate.

To this extent, Armies are not designed to replace the heroes and allies we know and love in our decks. Armies are distinctly not considered a character for example in the rules when it comes to ways the players can affect them. Also, you'll notice that Armies are useless when it comes to questing – exploration of the lands and pursuit of a quest will always be the work of bold individuals and small companies of heroes.

Armies are expensive in a number of ways, and whenever a hero has gathered such a sizable force to aid him, he lights a bright beacon that attracts Sauron to a potential rival that much quicker. Still, an Army can only be brought together under the leadership of the heroes. Will you lead the Armies of Middle Earth against hopeless odds and the limitless swarms of the Enemy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
This should be in the variants forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Vogt

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize for the mistake, if a mod could kindly move it, it would be greatly appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
TheHopelessGamer wrote:
I apologize for the mistake, if a mod could kindly move it, it would be greatly appreciated.
That will happen eventually: if you click on the red X in the title aea, and select 'wrong forum', that flags it up to them. I think that the more flags they get the quicker they are likely to act, so adding you red X to mine is probably a good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M Monin
United States
Branford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmb
Moved to Variants

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alphonso De la Red
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds interesting !

I unfortunately wouldn't have time now to playtest this, but would be happy to hear more about it !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Riehl
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool beans. Looking forward to hearing more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Riehl
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, this:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?e...

may be very helpful to you in creating the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.