$10.00
Kinley Engvalson
United States
West Palm Beach
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoying learning the game. Fun system. Great graphics.
Questions:

1. On turn 6, Campaign game, Assyria immediately takes over and all Mitanni units are replaced by Assyrians. So why is there a Mitanni King, Tushratta, for turn 6?

2. Also, the transition from Mitanni to Assyria occurs 'at the very beginning of the turn'; the initial Assyrian units include 4 chariots. The reinforcement phase follows, I assume. In the reinforcement phase, all chariots are removed. Does this include the just-placed 4 Assyrian chariots?

3. Card 92, Charge Contained, says "You suffer a die-roll mod. of +1...". Does "You" mean the player playing the card or a player who is the target of the card? See also cards 60, 61, 59, 93, 90, and compare to cards 58,78, and 80.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Bonnard
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Kinley!

thanks for your kind words on the God Kings!
Now, for your questions:

1/ Initially, Mitanni became a neutral power beginning turn 6, without the power to renew its units. This proved cumbersome and added some unnecessary rules, so I decided to remove it altogether form turn 6 to ease the gameplay. But the Mitannian King remains on the succession chart wrongly.

2/ No, the Assyrian forces for the turn of their arrival is fixed.

3/ "You" means the target of the card.
I will look at the cards you mention when I get back home, this evening.

thanks for your questions!
Julien
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kinley Engvalson
United States
West Palm Beach
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Just finished first campaign game with a surprise Kassite 20 victory on turn 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Bonnard
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great!

did you like your play, Kinley?

Julien

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phel sanchez
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Report please!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kinley Engvalson
United States
West Palm Beach
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Review of two plays
Had a great time with it.thumbsup

I played solitaire, so I basically decided I'd have the leading country ganged up on by the other three each turn.

Egypt started strong, maybe 15 points first turn (20 in a turn is an auto victory), and maintained the lead into turn 6, but Mittani looked to surpass that turn. Hatti had taken over Asia Minor, of course, kicked the Egyptians out of Cyprus, and were moving on an independent Megiddo. tantaj: Since it was turn 6, Assyria replaced Mittani. Karkemesh had revolted, and was Assyria's immediate target. bag

However, the Kassites turned on Assyria, won 2 or 3 battles aginst the odds, had a card for a couple victory points (I think), and ended up with 20 points that turn! Surprise victory!

Started playing again last night with my every-Tuesday-night guys. I was Mittani, but couldn't trust the evil Kassite to join me in attacking Egypt. I had a couple successful interceptions, with Chariot charges, and had knocked him back pretty well. devil

The Egyptian with Tutmose III was about to finish off Ugaritt when the wrath of God struck in the form of the Great Flood. Don't recall that card? It's not a card. IT WAS HIS DRINK!! FULL. surprise Soaked the map, half the counters. Everybody raced for towels, paper towels, toilet paper, blow drier...

Sippy cups for Robert from here on out! And HE WAS WINNING! Could understand if he was getting slaughtered. Must have been just too much excitement...shake

Great time anyway. Can't wait to play again. With sippy cups.goldencamel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Bonnard
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, great report and I am really happy that you liked the game, Kinley! It's my first game and seeing that people like you enjoy it and have a good time is warming my heart!

Considering the Great flood, I really hope that your game is still playable!

Thanks a lot!
Julien
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.