$10.00
Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Kickstarter» Forums » General

Subject: Police Precinct - It is backed! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Click
United States
Blountville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked it... the game made it. I was honestly worried about it for quite some time.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Yay, Overtext bought with supporter GG!
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: It is backed!
QUICK! Overfunding goals!

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Schindler
Germany
Bochum
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: It is backed!
Congratulations!!!!!!!

I was worried too, but i think we found the right point to push it a little bit on bgg. as i said earlier, this game had less attention than it deserved. i think we will go over 10000$. with the last picture of the cops everybody can see that this will be a nice game.

Good Work Ole and Karl!!!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Yay, Overtext bought with supporter GG!
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: It is backed!
I think one of the things that held this game back, early on, was the lack of final art.

I've followed a number of KS campaigns, and backed 2 now, and what I have seen is, unsurprisingly, the most successful and fastest funded are the ones that START with good final artwork ALREADY THERE. I've seen a couple solid games flounder because they had crap (non-final) art. I really feel that that was what almost happened to this game.

That might be an important lesson for people on BGG that are getting games ready to Kickstart. Before you put your campaign up and start the clock ticking, GET A FINAL BOX ART ready to go, Get finalized art for at least SOME of the major components.

How fast could this game have been funded if the day it went UP, you'd had these character cards, and an image of the finalized board?

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: It is backed!
Now hurry and post a stretch goal!!! Maybe we can make it before the deadline...Common Man Games where are you Congratulations.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: It is backed!
Yeah, I saw the photos of the art on the front page, went to the kickstarter page (I had never heard of the game before this), watched the video, read the prelim rules, and backed the game.

Art helps, and in this case it was what made me take notice of the game in the first place.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: It is backed!
Nordiska wrote:
Now hurry and post a stretch goal!!! Maybe we can make it before the deadline...Common Man Games where are you Congratulations.


Joe, Great idea!!!
Sorry for my disappearing act in the last few hours. On the weekends, I only have access to a computer for limited periods of time and on an unpredictable schedule. I will have to go again (maybe soon), and may not be able to do much until significantly later today. The other issue is that I have been unable to reach other key decision makers today as it is the weekend (thus it's hard to come to a consensus on these kinds of things). Also the little computer time I get on weekends has tended to be spent working with George on ideas for images and getting them posted on BGG and KS.
That all said, what suggestions do you have for a stretch goal?
Others, feel free to weigh-in too.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Click
United States
Blountville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: It is backed!
Modular board so the city can be changed up a little? Anything that will help replay-ability...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: It is backed!
Common Man Games wrote:
Nordiska wrote:
Now hurry and post a stretch goal!!! Maybe we can make it before the deadline...Common Man Games where are you Congratulations.


Joe, Great idea!!!
Sorry for my disappearing act in the last few hours. On the weekends, I only have access to a computer for limited periods of time and on an unpredictable schedule. I will have to go again (maybe soon), and may not be able to do much until significantly later today. The other issue is that I have been unable to reach other key decision makers today as it is the weekend (thus it's hard to come to a consensus on these kinds of things). Also the little computer time I get on weekends has tended to be spent working with George on ideas for images and getting them posted on BGG and KS.
That all said, what suggestions do you have for a stretch goal?
Others, feel free to weigh-in too.


1. Extra city board (or double side the one already in it), or a modular board.
2.An additional role card. For example, if 8 officers are going to be in the base game, maybe a 9th one. The additional officer would add greater variety and I would think be relatively easy to add, some more art (they look great by the way) and different combo of stats.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: It is backed!
Good ideas, keep 'em comin'
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M Monin
United States
Branford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmb
Re: It is backed!
Moved to Kickstarter forums
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Schindler
Germany
Bochum
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: It is backed!
i would prefer an extra city board. i would like to have the flash point expansion, but i missed kickstarter. this would be nice here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm assuming this got moved from a forum that would explain which kickstarter project this thread is talking about, or am I missing the link/name somewhere in this thread.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
Citizen Liaison High Minister for Civic Involvement
mbmbmbmbmb
Darksbane wrote:
So I'm assuming this got moved from a forum that would explain which kickstarter project this thread is talking about, or am I missing the link/name somewhere in this thread.


It's in the title, "Police Precinct". About 18 hours left so check it out if you like co-op games that offer an optional traitor element. The theme is also nice.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1529038443/police-precin...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it is in the title now, it wasn't earlier. But thanks for the link.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Other Tom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a box of Krispy Kremes?

...Mini Crullers work best for me...

I liked the two pictures of the same cop - one in street clothes and one in uniform. Maybe have all the character cards double sided with street/uniform art. Both sides could have different attributes as one would be deemed undercover. Who knows, this could already be in the works...

As this game sounds like it is mostly card driven, more cards for all the decks would be a plus.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TiwazTyrsfist wrote:
That might be an important lesson for people on BGG that are getting games ready to Kickstart. Before you put your campaign up and start the clock ticking, GET A FINAL BOX ART ready to go, Get finalized art for at least SOME of the major components.

This is probably true. For me, I don't care about the art so much. It's easy enough to slap good art on at the end. My pet peeve is KS projects where the rules aren't even fully developed yet. PP seemed better than most here, where at least there was a real game (as shown in the example turns videos), and not just some vague concepts. I would have liked the rules to have been a bit more finalized before the KS campaign started. It saddens me that flash is valued so much more than substance on KS (and in the world in general).

But congrats to PP (and the people behind it) for getting funded. I probably won't back it on KS, but look forward to playing it when it comes out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.