United States
New Baltimore
MI
flag msg tools
Jesus Christ is Lord of my life.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The players:
Rich: Saharan Republic (Maneuver at any point during turn)
Start Territory: China
Angelo: Khan Industries (+1 troop in HQ)
Start Territory: Egypt
Dekota: Imperial Balkania (Round up when dividing by 3)
Start Territory: Russia
Geoff (me): Die Machiniker (HQ is fortified)
Start Territory: Argentina
Victor: Enclave of the Bear (If die roll is a natural three and a defending troop is killed, you take the territory)
Start Territory: Central America

Resources: (Each player placed two, and then two were played randomly)

2 Coins:
Peru
Argentina
Western Europe
China
Kamchatka
Afganistan
North Africa
Madagascar
3 Coins:
Central America
Eastern Australia

Game:

At the beginning, I spread out right away and took South America. Victor took a few countries in North America, but not a lot. Dekota took most of Europe. Angelo took most of Africa. Rich spread down into Australia, and took a few more Asian countries. I continually fortified my borders, while Angelo took the rest of Africa, Dekota took Europe and Victor Stayed put (he never controlled all of North America).

Seeing Victor’s relatively weak army I went and attacked his HQ. In order to make this easier I player an Ammo Shortage on Central America and barely took it. He ended up taking it right back, attacked Venezuela and played his Ammo Shortage on it. This became a back and forth thing.

Rich started to have a very powerful army. He was getting 14 troops a turn and defended all of his borders, except for Ural and Afghanistan. Dekota however would not attack Rich because Rich said he would come after him. Angelo and I tried to convince him to attack but he wouldn’t do it. All he had to do was take one of Rich’s territories and he wouldn’t get Asia’s bonus, but Dekota wouldn’t do it.

Angelo started to think that it was pointless so he attacked Rich at the Middle East. Rich bunkered the Middle East, and Angelo was unsuccessful. Having a great opportunity, Rich turned in four cards for a point, took Angelo’s capitol and took mine for the win (at this point we didn’t realize that your HQ counted as a point for you, put it isn’t like it benefited one person, it just made games longer).

Rewards:

Rich named Asia Rockville
Dekota founded a minor city; Swag, in Russia
Angelo added a coin to East Africa
Geoff added a coin to China (I forgot about the rule that you had to control a territory to add a coin, but it was no big deal).
Victor founded a minor city; Hello, in Ontario
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Channing Guenther
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Wow.... I'm shocked that you guys managed to let one player take all of Asia and Australia. How many rounds did you all play before starting to attack each other? It seems like the only way someone could have taken all of Asia in the early game is if you all didn't attack each other until turn 4 or 5.

My first battle on our world was over by turn 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fleece
United States
New Baltimore
MI
flag msg tools
Jesus Christ is Lord of my life.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I cant remember exactly but me and victor were the only people attacking for a while. It was probably not until turn four or five that the other guys started attacking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our first game also took quite a long time. In fact, we only played one agme that session, and that was between 8pm and 10:30. That included opining the box and setting up, though.

I anticipate our second game taking much less time lol.

Eco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.