Hide
5 Posts

Carcassonne» Forums » Variants

Subject: New Game with Carcassonne Pieces? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Smith
msg tools
I've recently purchased most of the carcassonne expansions, and like many people, I've noticed that some pieces and some expansion mechanics (like wagons, abbeys, and bazaars) do not increase the fun of play substantially.

They're all very well made pieces however, and I feel like this huge set of tiles, meeples, large meeples, mayors, builders, pigs, barns, bridges, commodities, plague tiles, tunnels, etc. has the potential to be used for games other than Carcassonne or simple variants.

Has anyone heard of entirely different games being played with Carcassonne pieces? I'm thinking something along the lines of Zoneplex or something like that.

If no one has heard of any, does anyone have any ideas? Given the tile-laying, I would think some kind of exploration game, but in order to be different from carcassonne and use the meeple in a new way, perhaps some kind of fighting could be introduced ala risk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Brune
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
HEY! That TICKLES!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, as a start, there's Can't Stop and Queen's Guard.

See Re-purposing Game Parts

I was playing around with the board a built for Queen's Guards and thought, what if we had rules for things like stationary pieces (the barn), some sort of cube pick-up-and-delivery mechanic (using the wagon).

Maybe it's time to throw a contest out there for the game designers... what can you build with a set of Carcassonne meeples? Especially since they're easily available as sets without purchasing the whole game (I've always wanted to pick up sets in orange & purple).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Loscutoff
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
....FIBONACCI...
badge
while learning the game...play to learn...winning can come later after much playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Use the tiles & meeples for a TSURO type game
using roads & rivers as movement paths (start there anyway).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Bass
United States
Talbott
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought about this before, but haven't tried it, since it's quite Alhambra-esque:

Give each player one of the pieces that is identical to the start tile. Reveal the same number of tiles as players; each player may take one in clockwise fashion; then the start player switches and you repeat. . .

Each person would score the completed cities, roads, etc, on their own personal Carcassonne. For balance, give each player some meeples--allow them to place on OTHER'S layouts to score points; alternatively, allow players to place only on other's farms?

Needs more development, but might be fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fotrich Trucks
msg tools
mbmb
Have you seen "Meeple in my pocket" yet?

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/379045/meeple-in-my-pocket

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.