Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Schwartz
United States
Holbrook
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

I'm looking to get a single new game. I love strategy games and have no problems playing complex games. I enjoy Agricola, 7 Wonders, and games like Castle Panic, as well as word games such as Nab It.

My friends however, don't like games that are TOO complicated. They enjoy 7 Wonders, and some did enjoy Agricola, others thought it was a bit too much. A few liked 7 Wonders.

So...here are the games I am considering:

Furt (Sequel to Quelf)
Zooloretto
Small World
Burger Joint (dont' have many 2 player games)
Mansions of MAdness
Arkham HOrror
Pandemic

Can someone tell me which game I should get? And any other suggestions would be appreciated. I'd be buying on Amazon and would prefer something cheaper (that's why i am doubting whether I should get Mansions or Arkham)

Thanks!

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Steward
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
Fretboard Gamer
badge
p/g
mbmbmbmbmb
If Agricola is "a bit too much", how about Carson City?

Also, hard to go wrong with Puerto Rico.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Overweg
United States
ZEELAND
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are looking for a good co-op I would recommendFlash Point: Fire Rescue over Pandemic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay I
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skip Arkham and Mansions of Madness. They've got as much complexity as Agricola.

How many players do you need the game to support?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
Of your list of 7 games I have only played 3 three (Zooloretto, Pandemic, and Small World). If I had to pick one of those I would choose Small World. Pandemic is good but I'm just not a big fan of co-ops.

But before that I would recommend Ticket to Ride, Acquire, Dominion, Jamaica, many others.

Have you tried using the find users feature of this website to find other gamers in your area? Maybe you could "try before you buy".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fox
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Pandemic

If you're needing some two-player games, I suggest:
Hellas
The Battle for Hill 218
Lord of the Rings: The Duel
Backgammon

Just throwing out a couple more:
Lord of the Rings (great game, may or may not be good for your friends)
Beowulf: The Movie Board Game or it's earlier incarnation, Kingdoms
Carcassonne
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emperor Penguin
United States
Mercer
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with destro, Arkham and Mansions of Madness will probably be too complicated for your group.

From what you have listed I would go with Small World. Some others that you might want to research are Stone Age, Carcassonne, Rattus, Survive: Escape from Atlantis!. All of these have gone over well with the more casual gamers I play with. Also my group really likes Letters from Whitechapel, it can look complicated and even the rules can look complicated at first but it is really simple once you try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.