Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Warhammer: Invasion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Unit Limitation? Attack limitation? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tero Oksala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any rule for that?

What is a limitations of units that can be bought using resources at your turn? For example (if I understood rules right way) some units might cost 0 resources to buy at some point, because rule allows to decrease cost to zero (that rule which is from loyalty). Can you place those units to Battlefield, Quest etc fields as you want or how this works?

It seemed a bit funny to look that my "opponent" placed units at his turn to fields (total 4 units and played also other cards). He stopped when he did run out resources. It was interesting to see that with 4 resources he did play pretty good cards to the fields and literally over run me at his next turn.

Can you attack once from your Battlefield to Capital and Quest fields / zones or only to one?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
teroks wrote:
Is there any rule for that?

What is a limitations of units that can be bought using resources at your turn? For example (if I understood rules right way) some units might cost 0 resources to buy at some point, because rule allows to decrease cost to zero (that rule which is from loyalty). Can you place those units to Battlefield, Quest etc fields as you want or how this works?

It seemed a bit funny to look that my "opponent" placed units at his turn to fields (total 4 units and played also other cards). He stopped when he did run out resources. It was interesting to see that with 4 resources he did play pretty good cards to the fields and literally over run me at his next turn.

Can you attack once from your Battlefield to Capital and Quest fields / zones or only to one?


You can play any and all cards your resources allow you to, no other limit. Where those units go can sometimes be limited with their own "Battlefield/Kingdom/Quest only" text, but otherwise you're free to place them.

Generally you can make one attack on your turn, not one per opposing zone. Units in the Battlefield (plus others with abilities) can be declared attackers.

Sounds like he was playing Orcs? Greenskins can get a lot of units out with four resources, enough to swarm an undefended zone in a turn for sure.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two other limitations about units:
1. You can't play a unique unit (with flag next to its name) if you have or your opponent has the same unit in play
2. you can't play two heroes in a zone.

Dam the Man wrote:
teroks wrote:
Is there any rule for that?

What is a limitations of units that can be bought using resources at your turn? For example (if I understood rules right way) some units might cost 0 resources to buy at some point, because rule allows to decrease cost to zero (that rule which is from loyalty). Can you place those units to Battlefield, Quest etc fields as you want or how this works?

It seemed a bit funny to look that my "opponent" placed units at his turn to fields (total 4 units and played also other cards). He stopped when he did run out resources. It was interesting to see that with 4 resources he did play pretty good cards to the fields and literally over run me at his next turn.

Can you attack once from your Battlefield to Capital and Quest fields / zones or only to one?


You can play any and all cards your resources allow you to, no other limit. Where those units go can sometimes be limited with their own "Battlefield/Kingdom/Quest only" text, but otherwise you're free to place them.

Generally you can make one attack on your turn, not one per opposing zone. Units in the Battlefield (plus others with abilities) can be declared attackers.

Sounds like he was playing Orcs? Greenskins can get a lot of units out with four resources, enough to swarm an undefended zone in a turn for sure.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Snow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rauli's answers is of course correct. Just one thing:

teroks wrote:
For example (if I understood rules right way) some units might cost 0 resources to buy at some point, because rule allows to decrease cost to zero (that rule which is from loyalty).


There are cards that reduce unit costs, like http://deckbox.org/whi/Grimgor's%20Camp or http://deckbox.org/whi/We'z%20Bigga!. However, "cost" here means the top left number on the card (see the FAQ). So if you play Orcs, have three Grimgor's Camp in play and want to play a unit that costs 3 + 5 loyalty, you still need to pay 1 resource for it (0 + 5 loyalty, of which you have four, one from the Orc capital board and three from the Grimgor's Camps). Likewise, when you reduce the cost of http://deckbox.org/whi/Tunnel%20Fighter or http://deckbox.org/whi/Star%20Dragon, their loyalty is unaffected, and you might still need to have to pay for it.

And just to be sure: If you have more loyalty than is required, that doesn't reduce the cost. If you have four loyalty symbols in play, and play a card that costs 3 + 2, you'll still have to pay the 3.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fisha wrote:
There are two other limitations about units:
1. You can't play a unique unit (with flag next to its name) if you have or your opponent has the same unit in play


"It is possible,
however, for both players to have the same unique
card in play at the same time." (p. 7)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tero Oksala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
teroks wrote:
Is there any rule for that?

What is a limitations of units that can be bought using resources at your turn? For example (if I understood rules right way) some units might cost 0 resources to buy at some point, because rule allows to decrease cost to zero (that rule which is from loyalty). Can you place those units to Battlefield, Quest etc fields as you want or how this works?

It seemed a bit funny to look that my "opponent" placed units at his turn to fields (total 4 units and played also other cards). He stopped when he did run out resources. It was interesting to see that with 4 resources he did play pretty good cards to the fields and literally over run me at his next turn.

Can you attack once from your Battlefield to Capital and Quest fields / zones or only to one?


You can play any and all cards your resources allow you to, no other limit. Where those units go can sometimes be limited with their own "Battlefield/Kingdom/Quest only" text, but otherwise you're free to place them.

Generally you can make one attack on your turn, not one per opposing zone. Units in the Battlefield (plus others with abilities) can be declared attackers.

Sounds like he was playing Orcs? Greenskins can get a lot of units out with four resources, enough to swarm an undefended zone in a turn for sure.


Chaos. Actually she was playing Chaos. In the end she totally overwhelmed me...actually she played with a good luck also. I got "bad" cards and suddenly...oops...and I lost. I got two units defending quest zone (...she did burn my battlefield before that).

She corrupted one of my units and then there was only unit with 1 HP left to defend quest zone. That was easy to take down with few units and cause enough damage to burn my quest zone down. blush

she did play four units to attack into my zone...and that was it .
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it from the original rules?
OFF: I think the rules are not enough strict, and this way the feeling of the game is lost.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tero Oksala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Planetary wrote:
Rauli's answers is of course correct. Just one thing:

teroks wrote:
For example (if I understood rules right way) some units might cost 0 resources to buy at some point, because rule allows to decrease cost to zero (that rule which is from loyalty).


There are cards that reduce unit costs, like http://deckbox.org/whi/Grimgor's%20Camp or http://deckbox.org/whi/We'z%20Bigga!. However, "cost" here means the top left number on the card (see the FAQ). So if you play Orcs, have three Grimgor's Camp in play and want to play a unit that costs 3 + 5 loyalty, you still need to pay 1 resource for it (0 + 5 loyalty, of which you have four, one from the Orc capital board and three from the Grimgor's Camps). Likewise, when you reduce the cost of http://deckbox.org/whi/Tunnel%20Fighter or http://deckbox.org/whi/Star%20Dragon, their loyalty is unaffected, and you might still need to have to pay for it.

And just to be sure: If you have more loyalty than is required, that doesn't reduce the cost. If you have four loyalty symbols in play, and play a card that costs 3 + 2, you'll still have to pay the 3.


Ok. That explained a lot. So...you can reduce loyalty cost to Zero, but without "additional" cards that reduce resource cost you can reduce it to zero....as it was in cards above.

so we did one mistake in there...that would change the result of that game a bit, but still she did play pretty wisely by corrupting my best defender of that zone and then attacking with four units.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.