Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Battlestar Galactica» Forums » Rules

Subject: Are we playing this right?: Cylon attack cards. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
-Playing a Cylon attack card adds the units listed on it to whatever is already on the board, provided those units are in the supply. Right?

-"Thirty-three" special condition puts all vipers in the hanger deck, if played while there are already cylon attack cards in play this is horrifically painful for the humans...it that right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sitnam wrote:
-Playing a Cylon attack card adds the units listed on it to whatever is already on the board, provided those units are in the supply. Right?


Yes.

Quote:
-"Thirty-three" special condition puts all vipers in the hanger deck, if played while there are already cylon attack cards in play this is horrifically painful for the humans...it that right?


My copy of "Thirty-Three" doesn't mention landing vipers. Are you thinking of "Boarding Parties"? The special rule on that card just confirms that no addtional vipers are added to the board. It does not remove any that have already been placed.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Thirty-Three's special rule is that it gets shuffled back into the deck upon jumping unless a Basestar or a Civilian Ship is destroyed before then. There aren't any Cylon Attack Cards that return Vipers to the Reserves (though there is an Event Crisis that does that, I believe).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
My copy of "Thirty-Three" doesn't mention landing vipers. Are you thinking of "Boarding Parties"? The special rule on that card just confirms that no addtional vipers are added to the board. It does not remove any that have already been placed.


That must be it, keeping vipers already deployed would make the special condition on that card superfluous, there are no vipers on it why add that extra part?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sitnam wrote:
Mundane wrote:
My copy of "Thirty-Three" doesn't mention landing vipers. Are you thinking of "Boarding Parties"? The special rule on that card just confirms that no addtional vipers are added to the board. It does not remove any that have already been placed.


That must be it, keeping vipers already deployed would make the special condition on that card superfluous, there are no vipers on it why add that extra part?


Because all Cylon attack cards have 3 steps, and having a 3rd step that says "nothing happens" wasn't cool enough, so they made it have a third step that says something completely meaningless.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
Sitnam wrote:
Mundane wrote:
My copy of "Thirty-Three" doesn't mention landing vipers. Are you thinking of "Boarding Parties"? The special rule on that card just confirms that no addtional vipers are added to the board. It does not remove any that have already been placed.


That must be it, keeping vipers already deployed would make the special condition on that card superfluous, there are no vipers on it why add that extra part?


Because all Cylon attack cards have 3 steps, and having a 3rd step that says "nothing happens" wasn't cool enough, so they made it have a third step that says something completely meaningless.
They probably could've changed that to "return a viper from the board back into the Reserve" for extra kicks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sitnam wrote:
That must be it, keeping vipers already deployed would make the special condition on that card superfluous, there are no vipers on it why add that extra part?


Welcome to the world of FFG rules, where things that barely make sense and you're lucky if the Errata doesn't have an errata.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danno Might
Canada
flag msg tools
Sitnam wrote:
That must be it, keeping vipers already deployed would make the special condition on that card superfluous, there are no vipers on it why add that extra part?


Most of the Cylon fleet cards I've seen always have a special condition. In this case the card is just pointing out to you that the lack of vipers is the special condition. It's really just answering the expectation set up by other fleet cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dannomight wrote:
Sitnam wrote:
That must be it, keeping vipers already deployed would make the special condition on that card superfluous, there are no vipers on it why add that extra part?


Most of the Cylon fleet cards I've seen always have a special condition. In this case the card is just pointing out to you that the lack of vipers is the special condition. It's really just answering the expectation set up by other fleet cards.


Not to be outdone by Ellen from the Pegasus exp.... she draws 2 yellow, 2 green, and 1 Treachery card. Then her weakness states:

Nothing But Trouble - Your Skill set includes Treachery. (Human players can't use text abilities of Treachery Cards.)

At least there's a reminder text about one way Treachery works. However, you can't get over the fact that stating the obvious still stands more. It's madenning
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.