Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone has already graciously answered my question on whether or not I can use CW's wound cards in place of the other set's cards (answer: yes). Now for another question on integrating the sets:

Could I use the starter sets from CW in the same game with the starter sets from NF? In other words, some folks would have the original starter set and others the set from CW. I would randomize who got which set most likely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Inman
United States
buckley
Washington
flag msg tools
We did that just last night and it worked out great, I don't know about anybody else's experience but it didn't affect our game at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone in the comments section of the game mentions that they mix and match starter cards. Essentially doing a little deck building. I didn't think of that at all. Is this also possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Inman
United States
buckley
Washington
flag msg tools
If we play tonight I might have to try that as well could be and interesting way to bring some variety to the starters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me know how that works out Josh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
hepcat1 wrote:
Someone in the comments section of the game mentions that they mix and match starter cards. Essentially doing a little deck building. I didn't think of that at all. Is this also possible?

Yes. According the to CW rulebook you may construct your starter deck after finishing the draft. The rules for constructing your starter deck is that you must use 12 cards and you must still have 2 of each color (so 2 NF blue, 2 CW blue or 1 of each). Should players wish to use all NF starters or all CW starters that is perfectly fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
D'oh! I should probably read the bloody rules before posting these questions.

Thanks, I'll have to give this a go when my set gets here.

On a side note, I really hope you folks continue to add new starter minions to allow for this type of variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
hepcat1 wrote:
On a side note, I really hope you folks continue to add new starter minions to allow for this type of variety.

Just finished testing the next set

I plan to release new starters with each standalone (every 3rd set).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.