Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Ready...Set...WAIT!!!

Before we can start registration for BGG.CON 2012, we are announcing a new team of volunteers for the convention:

TEAM GEEK

If you feel that you just don’t get enough of that great "con feeling" by simply hanging out, playing games and helping every once in a while, then we’ve got the team for you. Team Geek members will be required to attend a Tuesday, November 13th orientation from 7 - 9 pm and help cover opening registration (aka THE RUSH) from 8am - noon on Wednesday. Additionally, on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, each Team Geek member will be assigned a four-hour shift to cover (edit: to clarify, four hours each day).

What will Team Geek members be doing? A little bit of everything:
*Assisting with registration
*Covering library shifts in case of missing library volunteers
*Supporting various events
*Running around everywhere...
*And whatever else we might think up

So what, you may ask, do you get in exchange for your 18 hours of slave labor help?
*Free convention registration for each Team Geek member
*Guaranteed opportunity to buy a ticket for your significant other
*Your own, personalized Team Geek jersey (oooooooh!)
*Access to the pre-convention party (aka Tuesday Orientation from 7 to 9pm)

If you are interested, please go to the application and read the fine print carefully. If you are still interested, complete the questions on the form and submit it in before Sunday, March 4th at midnight CST. It will take us a week or so to review the applications and get back to everyone.

NOTE: The Convention Committee will review all applications the week of March 5th, and will let each applicant know if they were selected to be on Team Geek prior to making BGG.CON tickets are available to the general public.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG.CON 2012 *Team Geek* Call To Arms (AKA wanna help?) - Submission Deadline 3/4/12
Oooh, very tempting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
I ♥ Alt Text
badge
I really ♥ Alt Text
mbmbmbmbmb
If you liked it then you should have put a jersey on it.
Done and done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG.CON 2012 *Team Geek* Call To Arms (AKA wanna help?) - Submission Deadline 3/4/12
Assuming your Team Geek time slot doesn't conflict, would you still be eligible to participate in the Puzzle Hunt (and/or other tournaments)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lainie Theys
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, all volunteers are welcome to participate in any event that does not conflict with their scheduled work time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Miller
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AnakinOU wrote:

I'll risk being "that guy" and ask blush... Could that significant other be a father, brother, cousin, or friend that looks like they might be related? I just, don't, think, my primary significant other would be that excited about it and a guaranteed wing-man would be nice. Not a deal breaker or anything.

Ok, no more questions... pick me... please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gnomish Mustard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sent in! Sounds like fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
mildthrill wrote:
AnakinOU wrote:

I'll risk being "that guy" and ask blush... Could that significant other be a father, brother, cousin, or friend that looks like they might be related? I just, don't, think, my primary significant other would be that excited about it and a guaranteed wing-man would be nice. Not a deal breaker or anything.

Ok, no more questions... pick me... please.
I'm sure if you claim your dad to be your SO, they'd allow it...as well as laugh behind your back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Any game (except Fireball Island) in my collection is for sale. Please geekmail me with reasonable offers.
badge
Any game (except Fireball Island) in my collection is for sale. Please geekmail me with reasonable offers.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds awesome!

Application submitted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Quality Print on Demand Games & Prototypes
badge
mbmbmb
Application in. Fingers crossed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Cale
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yet another year where I cannot make it to BGGCon. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper Barreveld
Netherlands
Den Haag
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
SCUBA Bunny!
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
Oooh, very tempting.

Indeed... worth the flight or not.. *ponders*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maia McGrath
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So So So EXCITED!!!! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Callahan
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That sounds awesome! Hopefully it goes well and I can try for next year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
mildthrill wrote:
AnakinOU wrote:

I'll risk being "that guy" and ask blush... Could that significant other be a father, brother, cousin, or friend that looks like they might be related?

Of course!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rank Zero
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YAY working and not getting paid!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG.CON 2012 *Team Geek* Call To Arms (AKA wanna help?) - Application Submission Deadline 3/4/12
Tzer wrote:

There are a lot of intangible benefits to volunteering. Some very tangible. I volunteer for Origis and GenCon (for a vendor, not the covention itself) here in the States and it's been one of the most enjoyable things I've done at a convention. Besids, it you don't have to pay thatr $60-$80 for your badges, that's a very real benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Quality Print on Demand Games & Prototypes
badge
mbmbmb
Re: BGG.CON 2012 *Team Geek* Call To Arms (AKA wanna help?) - Application Submission Deadline 3/4/12
FunkyBlue wrote:
Tzer wrote:

There are a lot of intangible benefits to volunteering. Some very tangible. I volunteer for Origis and GenCon (for a vendor, not the covention itself) here in the States and it's been one of the most enjoyable things I've done at a convention. Besids, it you don't have to pay thatr $60-$80 for your badges, that's a very real benefit.

The extra night in the room will make up for not having the convention cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzer wrote:

YAY for volunteers who keep this Con feeling like a community of friends, instead of a big corporate event with paid flunkies who don't care about the "feel" of the event!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
FunkyBlue wrote:
Tzer wrote:

The extra night in the room will make up for not having the convention cost.

Maybe join Occupy BGG? Tents are always cheap. Well, until the big guys come and toss you out of the park.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip von Doomula
United States
Gray
ME
flag msg tools
"I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would totally do this but I'm not sure I can get there on Tuesday this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night my Lovely Wife was asking if SHE would be able to help at BGG.con.

I'll point her towards this awesome post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am assuming admins don't need to fill this out, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SurfmanSteve wrote:
I would love to help but only on the condition that I NOT wear the jersey and wear a tux and run a Baccarat table.

"I pass the shoe to Mr. Solko"

I'll take his jersey. If he's not going to use it. Just sayin'...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Solamar wrote:
I am assuming admins don't need to fill this out, right?

You do if you want in on Team Geek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.