Subject: Caradhas in stage 2B rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darth James
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Forced text on Stage 2B says: "After placing the 11th progress token on Snowdrifts, discard any active location. Caradhas becomes the active location."

The text on Caradhas states that "players cannot travel to Caradhas except by quest card effects."

My question is, if I use card effects (Northern Tracker, Riddermark's Finest, etc.) to clear out Caradhas while it is in the staging area, before finishing 2B, what happens? Do I have to remove the location from my victory display and clear it a second time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Marshall
United States
Anna
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is an excellent question. If we want to get all rules-nazi, I would say that Caradhas would come out of your point total and back into the active location. It doesn't say that Caradhas comes from the staging area. It just says it becomes the active location. That means from anywhere. Discard pile, your points pile, encounter deck. (Who knows what kind of cards may show up in the future that could move cards around like this.)

If you want to stay consistent with the theme though, I would say it would stay in your pile as defeated. You conquered the mountain, and are done. Why would you conquer it again?

I'm sure FFG will have a FAQ out before too long, because this will definitely come up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way we plan to play it is Caradhas becomes the active location even if it is in the victory display. This is not unprecedented. There is one new encounter or quest card (I don't remember which) that removes cards from your victory display and puts them back into action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth James
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ugh, well there goes that strategy.

Normally I'd go with what makes thematic sense, but I can always think of it as "Okay, we've made it to the top, now it's time to go down the other side."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mighty Rauros
Thailand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. We successfully quest through stage 2B, using mainly 1 willpower allies.

2. Caradhas is now the active location, reducing the willpower for all questers by 1

3. Stage 3B discards anyone once their willpower equals zero

Did we just lose all of our allies instantly, or (since their questing is done and we are just resolving the quest) do we get another turn with them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@James: I think all the allies die immediately, since characters are considered committed to the quest until the end of the phase. If you clear stage 2B outside of the questing phase (through Legolas' ability, Riddermark's Finest or other means), your allies stay in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mighty Rauros
Thailand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trantor42 wrote:
@James: I think all the allies die immediately, since characters are considered committed to the quest until the end of the phase. If you clear stage 2B outside of the questing phase (through Legolas' ability, Riddermark's Finest or other means), your allies stay in play.

Shoot. Time for Dain and/or Faramir to join us!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.