Subject: Disease Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cheesy Crouton
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Got some questions on this card.

Case 1) On the turn you play this card, I understand that it "uses up" your attack phase of your turn. However, if you then move into a square where another wizard is, does the damage done to the wizard count as an "attack" (for the sake of counter spells - Like featherweight)?

Case 2) Also, after moving into the square of the first wizard, could I then move into the square of another wizard and deal damage to him?

Case 3) Could I move out of the square of the first wizard and then back into the square of the first wizard to deal damage twice?

Case 4) Also, is damage dealt to an opponent wizard when they step into your square on their turn (if the spell lasts)?

Example: Red wizard in square A, blue wizard in square b, green wizard in square c.

red blue green
[A][B][C]

Case 1) Red wizard plays [Disease] and moves into square b; Then blue wizard plays [Featherweight] and prevents the damage done to him.
Case 2) Red wizard plays [Disease] and moves into square b, then c
Case 3) Red wizard plays [Disease] and moves into square b, then c, then b again
Case 4) Red wizard plays [Disease] (boosted by energy so it will last) and ends turn without moving. On Blue wizard's turn, he moves into square a

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Hayes
United States
Austin
NE
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've followed the game and played some seriously sad pnp versions throughout the years but am, by no means, an expert or authority of any sort.

I would play like this:

Case 1: I could argue this either way, honestly. It was played as an attack and should be able to be negated as such or reflected, whatever. Other hand; the attack was made during the diseasening and just continues to ooze as it exists so it becomes more like an area effect.

Case 2: Yes. Otherwise it would be like you left all your disease with the first wizard.

Case 3: Yes.

Case 4: Yes. The spell would definitely last because you only remove the tokens in the time passes phase of your turn. As long as it was active at the end of your turn, it'll be ready to ruin your opponents on theirs.

Like I said, this is just how I'd play and I've only played a few times. I hope it's helpful, if not, eh, you'll figure it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evelyn S.
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1) My understanding is the disease damage is not considered an attack (as it doesn't count against your one-attack-per-turn limit), thus Featherweight would not apply. I wonder about Pain Link, though...

2) Since it's not an attack, yes.

3) IIRC disease specifically says it can only deal damage to a given wizard once per turn, so no. I'm pretty sure of this.

4) Again IIRC the wording on the card is that the other wizard takes damage when YOU move into the same square as THEM. Thus they can move through your square unhurt if they wish. I'm less sure of this one than I am of 3 so check the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Jolly
United States
Santa Maria
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cheesycrouton wrote:
Got some questions on this card.

Case 1) On the turn you play this card, I understand that it "uses up" your attack phase of your turn. However, if you then move into a square where another wizard is, does the damage done to the wizard count as an "attack" (for the sake of counter spells - Like featherweight)?

Case 2) Also, after moving into the square of the first wizard, could I then move into the square of another wizard and deal damage to him?

Case 3) Could I move out of the square of the first wizard and then back into the square of the first wizard to deal damage twice?

Case 4) Also, is damage dealt to an opponent wizard when they step into your square on their turn (if the spell lasts)?

Example: Red wizard in square A, blue wizard in square b, green wizard in square c.

red blue green
[A][B][C]

Case 1) Red wizard plays [Disease] and moves into square b; Then blue wizard plays [Featherweight] and prevents the damage done to him.
Case 2) Red wizard plays [Disease] and moves into square b, then c
Case 3) Red wizard plays [Disease] and moves into square b, then c, then b again
Case 4) Red wizard plays [Disease] (boosted by energy so it will last) and ends turn without moving. On Blue wizard's turn, he moves into square a

Case 1; The damage from Disease is not considered an attack. It's somewhat like the damage from a Destroyed Wall, which exists only because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Featherweight wouldn't work (or Pain Link).
Case 2:Yes, it would affect both opponents.
Case 3: No, it would not affect a single opponent twice, and says so right on the card: Each Wizard may only be damaged once per turn.
Case 4: Technically, the card only works when Red moves into Blue as described on the card, not when Blue moves into Red. Otherwise the card would be worded "each time you are in a square with an opponent during a turn" vs "each time you enter a square".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cheesy Crouton
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Thanks for the clarification. This game is a ton of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ryan
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Jolly, you rock.

Got this for my son and am giving it to him this Saturday for his 9th birthday. I've been following all these rules threads in anticipation of play, and I have been most grateful for your replies.

Please keep being awesome and making awesome games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
Otoh, you would score a point for a wizard killed with Acid Bath or Slow Death, right?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No points scored for acid bath or slow death. If your attack does not kill your opponent right at the time of play then it doesn't count for a victory point when they finally do die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't disagree with you but I wonder how you can be so categorical. Is it because of the wording that these spells are only considered attack on the turn they are cast? They are still attack spells that directly kill the opposing wizard (potentially) and they are different from Disease which is an indirect damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the cards in front of me but I do believe that their damage occurs after your attack phase. One is when a player draws a card, the other is during the time passes phase. Since damage does not happen at the time of the attack , it is not a direct kill. Therefor no points are scored.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It definately has to do with the attack only being during your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ben m
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cavetroll wrote:
[q="cheesycrouton"]Got some questions on this card.

Case 1; The damage from Disease is not considered an attack. It's somewhat like the damage from a Destroyed Wall, which exists only because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Featherweight wouldn't work (or Pain Link).

So could you use Wall of Earth to block the opponent from moving in to you square?
I'm sure WoE would stop them moving but would you me allowed to cast it as a counter - in this situation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Tempel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played this a few times, but Case 1 from the OP came up in our last game. We ruled that it was considered an attack (it has an Attack icon on the card), so it could be countered by a defensive spell when the Diseased wizard moved into another wizard's square. But after reading Tom Jolly's reply, I can see his point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.