Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone out there play with points?

I bring this up, because playing with new players, if they fall behind its quite hard for them to catch up, if playing for nothing more than the "race".

Maybe players can gain v.p.'s every time they shoot someone, kill someone, for each upgrade, etc. And of course, 1st place of the rally gets a bunch of points.

That way, even if someone falls way behind, they can take a 2nd route to victory (or at least 2nd or 3rd place) trying to at least blast passers by, or get upgrades, or do other things when catching up is not an option.

This would also make it harder for the people in better positions, as the "last placers" will probably just be taking shots at people to try to get as many points as possible.

Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We play with points.

1 point per flag tagged.
Game ends when someone tags the last flag.

Winner is whoever has the most points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Watne
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
Good times.
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
We play with points.

1 point per flag tagged.
Game ends when someone tags the last flag.

Winner is whoever has the most points.

I laughed. Thank you for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david landes
United States
oak hill
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The runaway problem is much discussed.. okay, somewhat discussed.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/63919/best-ways-to-deal-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Posey
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dklx3 wrote:
The runaway problem is much discussed.. okay, somewhat discussed.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/63919/best-ways-to-deal-...

There are some awesome ideas in that thread. I also enjoy playing on teams, pairing the good players with the new players, and requiring only one person from each team touching all the flags. The other person on the team can go for the flags as well, guard the racer, or attack the other teams. Everyone I've played with enjoys this aspect because it gives them more options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archibald Zimonyi
Sweden
Gothenburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I used to run tournaments based on a point system that I thought worked very well.

* 10 points per each flag tagged.
* 60 points to the person who came first, 50 points to the person who came second and so on (in an each player game, only the first six gets points for finishing).
* -5 points for each death (which mattered since we played with unlimited life, makes for better tournament)
* +2 points for all who actively killed another robot (for example was the one who pushed them down a hole, or shot with laser. Pushing another robot onto a belt which then took them into a hole is not actively killing another robot).

Worked pretty well.

Archie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.