Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Jamieson
United States
Purcellville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been looking at getting a Plano box to help store all the bits. Does anyone have a recommendation on which one to get that stores all the bits and fits well inside the box with all the game boards? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drinky Drinky
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
Mr. Cat. Hold on I think I know my next move, just give me another minute....NO!!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I say get bead stackers instead.

Reason being you just unscrew each section and it can lay directly on the board for fast setup and cleanup. I can do it in less than a minute.

I can break out resources, an individual tray for each player, and food in their own little separate containers.

I swear by the things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ciggie wrote:
I have been looking at getting a Plano box to help store all the bits. Does anyone have a recommendation on which one to get that stores all the bits and fits well inside the box with all the game boards? Thanks.
I use one that is nearly perfect for it. The only issue is you can't fit the dice cup in there without squishing it quite a bit. I'll need to look at it to get the model number. I'll try to get to it later tonite.

I used 3650.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Davey
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used a Plano 3500 box, took out the central dividers from the insert, and packed the civ cards and huts into tuck boxes. For food, resources, and tools, we take from the Plano box as needed and return them to the board, so setup is a snap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just dump all the pieces loosely into the box. A few benefits:

* I don't have to open anything else but the actual "box" and that saves time, and
* People respect the extra time it takes to set up so they tend to play better since a smidgen more time is invested.
* I like the leather cup. Reminds me of my tannery days.

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Smith
United States
South Saint Paul
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
krechevskoy wrote:
I say get bead stackers instead.

Reason being you just unscrew each section and it can lay directly on the board for fast setup and cleanup. I can do it in less than a minute.

I can break out resources, an individual tray for each player, and food in their own little separate containers.

I swear by the things.

I also use the bead stackers. They are awesome! I have two sets of 4 that house all four resources, and all four food increments (1, 2, 5, 10). Set up is a flash.

Here is an image that someone else posted of the circular bead stackers...

This person keeps the meeples in one stack where I keep the food. Then I just have a separate ziploc for each color of meeple. I also keep the tools and dice in ziplocs. Plus, I made tuckboxes for the huts and cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Milko
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GSmith,

Do you happen to remember where you bought your Stackable containers? I got ones from Michaels craft store the other day, but they're too big. They are too wide, and thus dont allow the boards to sit flush, and so the lid doesnt close. Going to go out again to a few other craft shops this weekend, so just wondered if you remember.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.