Popular Tags: [View All]
litiancong lkk
China
xia men
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Near a big rock there is a bottle. Some water is in the bottle. A crow is hot and thirsty. He comes to the bottle, and stands next to the bottle, but he can't drink the water ,beause the bottle neck is very long. He thinks and thinks ,then flys away. After a while, he comes back with a small stone in his mouth. He goes up to the bottle and puts the stone into the bottle, the water in the bottle comes up to it's neck. The crow drinks the water. He is very happy.
Later, two crows, believe that he is very smart, who also refused to accept who the last crow Association to make such arrangements, and brought two bottles, mounted the same height of the water bottle stood next to the pebbles of different sizes, two crowseach choose a bottle and put the stones, the first to drink the water, who is smart. The rule is party to put the stones to their choice of bottle, the water level to rise, once the water level above the other, On to the other side put stones to their choice of bottle. Alternately so that two bottles of water level rise, a crow eventually drink water, you Can you help the crows think of a way, you should select those stones, in order to drink the water?
Extended reading zhang qi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M Monin
United States
Branford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmb
Moved to the Haus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
The greater the volume of the stone the better:

However, it must be heavier than water,
And it must fit in the bottle not getting stuck in the neck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
litiancong lkk
China
xia men
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Ok,Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
litiancong lkk
China
xia men
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
monkeyhandz wrote:
The greater the volume of the stone the better:

However, it must be heavier than water,
And it must fit in the bottle not getting stuck in the neck.

you are right,It contains a game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
This user loves Easter eggs.
mbmbmbmbmb
Caterpillar looks inside to find the butterfly within?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
litiancong lkk
China
xia men
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
sisteray wrote:
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

There are no mountain is not important, the key is crow playing a fun game-zhang qi game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
litiancong lkk
China
xia men
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Oliphant wrote:
Caterpillar looks inside to find the butterfly within?

The game can be a very beautiful legend

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
litiancong lkk
China
xia men
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
See the following chart, we can understand the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
What's going on down there?
badge
¡uʍop ǝpısd∩
mbmbmbmbmb
Why don't they just tip over the bottle?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
litiancong lkk
China
xia men
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Doomfarer wrote:
Why don't they just tip over the bottle?

The bottle is too heavy, does not turn down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand what we are doing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
Use straw, grasshopper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
badge
¡uʍop ǝpısd∩
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:

Me neither.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The question is not entirely clear my friend, Is the goal understanding how to be the first of the two birds to get a drink? In which case after calculating the number of stones required to get the drink to the top, you'd always keep it either odd or even, keeping yourself in the right order (for your opponent to play last).

I see go in your avatar and relate that challenge to the similar back and forth.

Otherwise,is this a tetris type game with a tetris type solution? Reminds me of Rumis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kdad the Muck Dweller
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I wanted to drink first, I'd select all the straight pieces first. That way I could get a Tetris first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
litiancong lkk
China
xia men
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Oliphant wrote:
The question is not entirely clear my friend, Is the goal understanding how to be the first of the two birds to get a drink? In which case after calculating the number of stones required to get the drink to the top, you'd always keep it either odd or even, keeping yourself in the right order (for your opponent to play last).

I see go in your avatar and relate that challenge to the similar back and forth.

Otherwise,is this a tetris type game with a tetris type solution? Reminds me of Rumis.

Right.
Assumptions the weight of the stone (or volume) were 2, 5, 7, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 20, 23, 25, 31, 33, 37, 39, 40, 44, 46, 49, 50, 53, 59, 60, 61, 62, 68, 71, 73, 74, 78, 79, 83

rules : a small party has the right to choose.
Suppose crow A choice of 46 side loading, according to the rules, a small party had the choice, choose to turn to crow B, B choose to ship 79 ,79-46 = 33, A small party of 33, according to the rules with the turn of A side Select, A side has three kinds of alternative possibilities
① A choose to assume that 25 shipping, then ,33-25 = 8, A Recipe 8, A side has the right to choose to choose.
② Suppose A party of 33 on board, then ,33-33 = 0, B side has the right to choose, this is a special case.
③ A choose to assume that 49 shipping, then ,49-33 = 16, BRecipe 16, B side has the right to choose.
According to the rules of play, the last will be able to know the crow first drink the water
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
litiancong lkk
China
xia men
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
monkeyhandz wrote:

Do you understand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
litiancong lkk
China
xia men
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
kdiddy13 wrote:
If I wanted to drink first, I'd select all the straight pieces first. That way I could get a Tetris first.

Please try again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
badge
¡uʍop ǝpısd∩
mbmbmbmbmb
ltcltc wrote:
Oliphant wrote:

Right.
Assumptions the weight of the stone (or volume) were 2, 5, 7, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 20, 23, 25, 31, 33, 37, 39, 40, 44, 46, 49, 50, 53, 59, 60, 61, 62, 68, 71, 73, 74, 78, 79, 83

Suppose crow A choice of 46 side loading, according to the rules, a small party had the choice, choose to turn to crow B, B choose to ship 79 ,79-46 = 33, A small party of 33, according to the rules with the turn of A side Select, A side has three kinds of alternative possibilities
① A choose to assume that 25 shipping, then ,33-25 = 8, A Recipe 8, A side has the right to choose to choose.
② Suppose A party of 33 on board, then ,33-33 = 0, B side has the right to choose, this is a special case.
③ A choose to assume that 49 shipping, then ,49-33 = 16, BRecipe 16, B side has the right to choose.
According to the rules of play, the last will be able to know the crow first drink the water

Still no idea what we're supposed to do but this is pure Zen so worth a thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
litiancong lkk
China
xia men
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Doomfarer wrote:
ltcltc wrote:
Oliphant wrote:

Right.

Still no idea what we're supposed to do but this is pure Zen so worth a thumbsup

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get it now! It's Zhang Qi. He's the designer of that game. The rule details are in that game's article.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Honorable Mayor McCheese
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like turtles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
litiancong lkk
China
xia men
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Oliphant wrote:
I get it now! It's Zhang Qi. He's the designer of that game. The rule details are in that game's article.

Yes, zhang qi, thank you for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.