Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Temple
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that's awesome!! Is it real time, or can you save your game and come back to it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hav0k wrote:

do you have a domain name (vs. ip address)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicol Stéphane
France
chateaugiron FRANCE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You play when you want. There is no rush. You can leave and go back when you want. It's like an automatic save.

URL : http://antiquity.boardgamecore.net
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Site down already. arrrh

Actually, the first link in the thread works. I guess the host just doesn't have the default web page set correctly.

edit #2: I guess I need to brush up on my French! Good luck to you Americans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! I've been waiting for something like this for a long time ... the game is SO fiddly! But I've only played twice and will need to look at the rules again. Does the site enforce game rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Barnes
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet now I can justify my recent purchase of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicol Stéphane
France
chateaugiron FRANCE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snoozefest wrote:
Yay! I've been waiting for something like this for a long time ... the game is SO fiddly! But I've only played twice and will need to look at the rules again. Does the site enforce game rules?

Yes of course !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Denoize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I am the developer of this online version. It was a long term project, as the 2 other threads about this subject are quite old now (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/432438/anitquity-in-java... and http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/491440/antiquity-online-...).

Any comment or bug report is welcome (here or in game). The website in itself is in english (or pretend to be), so non french speakers should be able to play (as long as they speak english). Just notify your gamemates on the chat message as at the moment most of players are french-speaking.

Please remember before being too harsh about this :
1- it's done in my spare time (i'm not paid by splotter or anybody else)
2- it's free (i don't get money for this, you don't pay to play)
So don't expect too much, sorry

Hav0k, at the moment IE is not supported, sorry. The website works well with firefox, chrome, and safary.

There's a lot of things remaining in the todo list, and the site should progress during the next weeks (email notifications is a required improvement)

Enjoy this wonderful (but demanding) game !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started a game but don't understand what is going on. It's some sort of variant where the players are forced to start in a particular section of the map, and I can rotate my tile? Why not just start with the random map and allow players to begin in any of the starting sections as per the rules?

I also didn't get any email notifying me that the game had started or prompt me to take any action. I just happened to log in and see that we were supposed to do something. It says "current player: all", which means we have no idea who the slowpoke is.

I also don't see any method of chat. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Barnes
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
I started a game but don't understand what is going on. It's some sort of variant where the players are forced to start in a particular section of the map, and I can rotate my tile? Why not just start with the random map and allow players to begin in any of the starting sections as per the rules?

I also didn't get any email notifying me that the game had started or prompt me to take any action. I just happened to log in and see that we were supposed to do something. It says "current player: all", which means we have no idea who the slowpoke is.

I also don't see any method of chat. Am I missing something?

You can rotate and flip the tile and place your beginning city anywhere in the start tile. I had no problem with it, although the city tiles are a bit tricky.

Email is not in the game yet. When its your turn it should light up in the lighter shade.

Chat is on the right side of the screen in the game as far as I can tell.

Hope this helps, I just started playing today so this may or may not be accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I see. All the options like chat were hidden off the edge of my browser window.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Denoize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the menu on the right is in fixed position, which is maybe a bad idea for narrow screens. I'll try to find a better idea later.

The starting phase is a variant, as you said. Just to give more choice to players. There are other variants, for this beginning. I will offer the choice during the game creation, so players could be able to choose a variant, or the standard rule. For the moment, there is no choice.

The email notification is my next task, because you don't know at the moment when it's your turn, until you connect to the site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan F T
Colombia
Bogota
DC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It works great.

And in fact, for some reason the full domain name does not work. Use the IP every time (bookmark it) and that is it!

Oh! And use Chrome or Firefox, not IE. The site does not support it (I found it the hard way!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc magner
United States
webster
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just an fyi something i just figured out

click on your name to toggle between your city and the map....
makes it much easier to play...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Barnes
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
easterly1 wrote:
just an fyi something i just figured out

click on your name to toggle between your city and the map....
makes it much easier to play...

Hey man, I'm playing against you. I figured that out first thing it was driving me nuts not seeing the map so I started clicking everything. As you can tell I have no idea what I'm really doing. It's my 2nd time playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, my first game is still sitting waiting for one person to do their setup. I guess I'll give the site a try in a few months when people are actually trying to play instead of just dicking around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
Well, my first game is still sitting waiting for one person to do their setup. I guess I'll give the site a try in a few months when people are actually trying to play instead of just dicking around.

Probably a better idea to set games up with people in advance.

Most async play involves some dicking at any point with strangers!

Edit: My starting city disappears when I click on it. Is that normal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Denoize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
dcorban wrote:

Probably a better idea to set games up with people in advance.

Most async play involves some dicking at any point with strangers!

Edit: My starting city disappears when I click on it. Is that normal?

4 players games are really slow, especially for the first game i suppose. I suggest to start with a 2p game.

By clicking on the starting city during the preparation phase, you can remove it, and try another place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Barnes
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:

Daniel, I'll play you if you want. I'm new but am willing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc magner
United States
webster
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:

i must be lucky, i have 2 games which are moving along pretty rapidly, one 3er game which is creeping and two 4er that died in set up...

so i guess go for smaller player counts. feel free to add me to a game

i'm easterly1 over there too.

marc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to learn this game... I will probably sign up. Anybody willing to teach, i.e., answer questions and win the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gaudé
France
Issy-les-Moulineaux
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FANTASTIC !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc magner
United States
webster
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
I'd like to learn this game... I will probably sign up. Anybody willing to teach, i.e., answer questions and win the game?

if you read the rules - i'm willing to teach the GUI and answer rules questions... but i'm not going to teach the rules via chat/email.

if this is ok with you feel free to add me to a game, as i'm easterly1 over there too.

marc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I already read the rules when it was being re-released. I decided on Eclipse for my Empire Builder game instead. I'll read them again and then we can start a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.