Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Cauet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx a lot for this! Starting my first game (3 players) and everything seems to be very intuitive (well I need to refresh my rules, that's another problem).

One important feature missing on the website: a big thumb up to developper
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually enjoy games where it feels like the designer is going out of their way to just slap you in the face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
I actually enjoy games where it feels like the designer is going out of their way to just slap you in the face.
My pleasure devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you also design Indonesia? That one doesn't. In that one, it's the other players that swipe at me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Denoize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Osidarta wrote:
One important feature missing on the website: a big thumb up to developper

Thanks

For the big thumb up on the website, it might be a donation button instead if the hosting costs become too high arrrh

Anyway it was a pleasure to develop such a site, because now we can enjoy this wonderful game at high doses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you do Indonesia next?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Denoize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Can you do Indonesia next? :D

If i had more than one life, it would have been already done, and roads and boats as well !
For the moment, i'll finish antiquity as cleanly as i can, then we'll see :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly with the auctions it might not be suited to online play, although perhaps a 'max bid' would be all right for the mergers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Denoize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Honestly with the auctions it might not be suited to online play, although perhaps a 'max bid' would be all right for the mergers...

I know, but there is only one "long" phase per turn, and not each turn, so it could be thinkable.
And the game is a bit too long to my standards (and my friends'), so having an online version would be great !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Era A just seems so friendly, and then you get to Era B and woooah, and then Era C and 'Let's just end this!!'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
toooooof wrote:
Jythier wrote:

I know, but there is only one "long" phase per turn, and not each turn, so it could be thinkable.
And the game is a bit too long to my standards (and my friends'), so having an online version would be great !

I know know how the auctions are in that game but I've played many a games of Amun-Re on www.spielbyweb.com in the past (looks like they had to pull the game) and the auction is a major mechanic of that game and it wasn't a problem

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan McLelland
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
Don't touch me!!!
badge
Hi! How are you?!?
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who has done this exact type of programming over at www.spielbyweb.com you have done a nice job here. There are little bits to polish and what not, but nice work. Fantastic game for this format.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hav0k wrote:
It works great.

And in fact, for some reason the full domain name does not work. Use the IP every time (bookmark it) and that is it!

Oh! And use Chrome or Firefox, not IE. The site does not support it (I found it the hard way!)

Until the domain name is working, you should be able to use this:

http://bit.ly/antiquitygame

(Edit: new URL for relocated site)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That worked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That's not my name.
msg tools
mbmbmb
Toooooof, one comment.

It might be good to pop up a warning on the first turn if a player is overusing wood in the city-building phase. You do something similar if a player doesn't man buildings, but one of the players in our all-newbs game managed to block himself by building six city buildings. I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I'll bet no player will make that mistake twice, but for new players it's easy to overlook the rule that building a woodcutter takes 1 wood in a later phase.

Email notification would be awesome as well, hopefully you get a chance to make that happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martins Livens
Latvia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not Sure wrote:
one of the players in our all-newbs game managed to block himself by building six city buildings.

And no workers going to the fields? This is achievement!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Denoize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not Sure wrote:
Toooooof, one comment.

It might be good to pop up a warning on the first turn if a player is overusing wood in the city-building phase. You do something similar if a player doesn't man buildings, but one of the players in our all-newbs game managed to block himself by building six city buildings. I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I'll bet no player will make that mistake twice, but for new players it's easy to overlook the rule that building a woodcutter takes 1 wood in a later phase.

Email notification would be awesome as well, hopefully you get a chance to make that happen.

It's the first time I hear the 6-wood-buildings-during-first-turn thing. I might add a check later, but this happens very rarely I suppose. And not twice . For the moment, just resign the broken games and start new ones.

For the email, I agree, that'd be great. It takes a lot of time (and linked to the not-working-url). I prefer to spend my time on bug fixing and improvements at the moment (because this makes things move). I intend to have an email function at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That's not my name.
msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, we were all new. I agree, nobody will do that twice.

You said above you were working on email notifications, just wanted to reinforce that it would be great for players. Thanks for the work you've done, and we can be patient until it happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone having trouble getting to the site? I've been unable to load the page for a couple of days now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[maˈtiːas]
Germany
Much
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's down right now, but it worked (at least when I tried) yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Denoize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I had troubles with my provider. I hope it's solved now, because i can't do anything for this.
Please let me know if you can't access the site from now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, thanks for putting this up. If not for that, I might have bought it, and I think I've found a splotter title I don't like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc magner
United States
webster
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snoozefest wrote:
Is anyone having trouble getting to the site? I've been unable to load the page for a couple of days now.

no

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Looks like it's down for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Denoize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's down again.
Not a provider issue this time, the machine itself is unreachable. I'll have to check. I'll try to find the time before the end of the week.

I'll post here once it's fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.