5 Posts

Automobile» Forums » General

Subject: New Tycoon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Nickster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I have been casually looking at this game online. It looks like a newer more indepth version of the 1960's game 'Tycoon' by Gordon McKay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voituer wrote:
I have been casually looking at this game online. It looks like a newer more indepth version of the 1960's game 'Tycoon' by Gordon McKay.

I would disagree. I think that the production/selling costs central to Tycoon are subordinated to the drive of technology progression which is at the core of this game, and the earlier Lokomotive Werks.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't find that designer name in the database. Do you mean Tycoon? No, that is nothing like Automobile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect he means Tycoon: Business Game

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
I suspect he means Tycoon: Business Game

B>

I stopped at the 1960s game I found. That does look more similar. In that case I haven't played so I don't know. It occurred to me later that Gordon McKay could be a publisher. Gordon McKay is probably the designer too.

Is there any provenance to "- Business Game" in "Tycoon - Business Game"? I suspect it's an error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.