Slapshot» Forums » General

Subject: White Wind's "Phantoms II" (Power Play) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
ASL ... yes, this is my Desert Island Game. If I have to give up all my 3000+ games and only allowed to keep one, this would be it. This bloody game stood the test of time. Around for more than 25 years - simply the best.
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in possession of an expansion set for the White Wind edition, which is not in the BGG database.

This expansion consists of a pack of 55 cards, distinguishable by a colored border on the front side (contrary to the borderless cards from the basic game).

I have absolutely no idea from where I got that pack of cards ... most likely from Essen games fair.

I searched the net, and on the German site "spielecheck.de" (a cheap BGG clone) it is stated, that this was planned as an expansion set to Phantoms of the Ice, introducing money and a free player market to the game. Because it never has been published, they just sold the card packs as an expansion to the base game. The site also has a copy of the German rules.

I don't have any of the White Wind newsletters (named "Colours of the Wind") where I assume to find more information about that card pack so that it can be submitted properly to the BGG database. Does anyone of you has more information?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
ASL ... yes, this is my Desert Island Game. If I have to give up all my 3000+ games and only allowed to keep one, this would be it. This bloody game stood the test of time. Around for more than 25 years - simply the best.
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a sample of the cards:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristhian Carpio
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!!

is there any possibility that you can put the rules and the rest of the cards please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cris29 wrote:
Hi!!

is there any possibility that you can put the rules and the rest of the cards please?

Well, I would, but this would eventually be a violation of copyrights. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jachimowicz
United States
Topton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the same expansion set of 55 cards. I purchased mine directly from Alan Moon when he had the White Wind company. I purchased it at the same time which I purchased the Phantoms of the Ice basic game.

So the set was for sale, directly from the publisher, at one time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toomanyminis wrote:
So the set was for sale, directly from the publisher, at one time.

So it was published by White Wind.
Thanks Chris!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I submitted the game to the database: Phantoms of the Ice: Expansion Card Set.

It bothers me a little that I wasn't able to figure out in which year the card pack was released for public sale; well, probably one of the owners here has more information about it and submits a correction.

According to my records, I bought the set in Essen in 1996, but I'm not sure if this is the year of its release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.