Beat me to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E M
Norway
flag msg tools
Thanks all for your posts, I just ordered GS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristiano Batista
Brazil
Porto Alegre
Rio Grande do Sul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion, GS differs a little bit from other coop games regarding the "leader syndrome" because, in my group at least, it's handed over among the players many times during a gameplay.

The thing is, a successful gameplay is normally a succession of good ideas to overcome the neverending chalenges faced along the game. So, we are bossy sometimes, but OTOH we respect the authority of the mentor of the good idea being implemented as the "current leader".

Maybe we are just lucky to have such an even group, but this is how I see things, anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sight Reader
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Eerly wrote:
In difficult coop games, some personalities tend to fall into a mode of "you gotta go there, do that", even though they're usually not bossy people.

We sorta have the opposite problem. Instead of one leader, if you have one newbie, everyone starts bossing the poor person around rather than let them make a bad decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nunya Business
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
dboeren wrote:
I'm not sure how much the game has to do with it. It's a problem with the players, not the game.

Agreed. I play with a guy who is ultra-competitive and just can't shut up. He's always yakking. He talks about dumb crap too; like asking questions about things that are completely irrelevant to the issue at hand. Sometimes I think he just does it to get on my nerves. In fact, I've made the decision to start ignoring him; and simply make my moves in the game while letting him sit there and look stupid.

In fact: Is there a "Can't close my mouth" syndrome as well? If so, he has it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chaney
United States
APO
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PrimordialOne wrote:
dboeren wrote:
I'm not sure how much the game has to do with it. It's a problem with the players, not the game.

Agreed. I play with a guy who is ultra-competitive and just can't shut up. He's always yakking. He talks about dumb crap too; like asking questions about things that are completely irrelevant to the issue at hand. Sometimes I think he just does it to get on my nerves. In fact, I've made the decision to start ignoring him; and simply make my moves in the game while letting him sit there and look stupid.

In fact: Is there a "Can't close my mouth" syndrome as well? If so, he has it.

Suggestion: stop inviting him. It sounds like you don't really get on, co-operative game or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.