Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Faust
United States
Malverne
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Donald kind of hinted at it, but said no one had requested it, so here I am with the request...

I'd like to request:

Sordid stories from Donald's past working in the game industry!

Who's with me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jones
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
Check the Great Big Table podcast (http://greatbigtable.com), a podcast about expanding the board game hobby.
mbmbmbmbmb
License fees, acknowledgement, or both for game mechanics used in games other than games by the original creators of those mechanics.

I've noticed there have been dust ups about this in the past and also that some designers (Tom Lehman, I believe, is one) choose to pay a license fee out of principle. Still others seem to acknowledge all influences and, I don't believe, pay anything. Personally, I love when they do this so that I can find other games that I think I'll like. As a design record, it is also pretty nice.

If game mechanics can't be copyrighted, then what is the best practice or the most appropriate in your opinion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Phrim wrote:
Well, Donald kind of hinted at it, but said no one had requested it, so here I am with the request...

I'd like to request:

Sordid stories from Donald's past working in the game industry!

Who's with me?

You will never hear the story of the Funnel of Love!, NEVAH!

blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.