Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Memolo
United States
Nyack
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! I'm enjoying the game so far and I have a few questions.

Harvest Pile
Do the cards in the harvest pile go face up or face down? Basically,
can I see my opponent's score or do I have to keep track mentally and take my best guess? Down makes sense to me.

Crop Rotation
I'm a bit confused on this one. If I play this card, I discard 1 crop
card from my hand and then I can swap one field with another? But the
fields can't be fertilized? The card doesn't state this, but the
Action Card FAQ does.

Flame Fruit
I can destroy one crop when planted. Can it be used on a crop with
Foul Manure? Is the fertilizer returned? I take it Crop Insurance
applies to anything destroyed by this card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mem010 wrote:

Harvest Pile
Do the cards in the harvest pile go face up or face down? Basically,
can I see my opponent's score or do I have to keep track mentally and take my best guess? Down makes sense to me.

There isn't a specific rule for this. The game is intended to be casual and rules like this can sometimes complicate things. BUT. Secret information is fun and it's up to you.

Basically the choice is:

1.) Do you want to know who to gang up on or...
2.) Do you want to force people to remember?

Typically, my friends and I just set them in a neat pile face up. We don't go through each other's pile, but we tend to know who is in the lead.

mem010 wrote:

Crop Rotation
I'm a bit confused on this one. If I play this card, I discard 1 crop
card from my hand and then I can swap one field with another? But the
fields can't be fertilized? The card doesn't state this, but the
Action Card FAQ does.

Crop Rotation allows you to swap ownership of two planted crops. For example, Player A has a Wary Squash (worth $15) planted. I have a Sassy Wheat (worth $4 planted). I play crop rotation and discard a crop card. Now, I can take the Wary Squash and my opponent gets my Sassy Wheat. I can now do whatever I want to the Wary Squash as it's now owned.

In fact, as the Wary Squash wasn't planted this turn (it was planted on my opponent's turn), I can even harvest it.

mem010 wrote:
Flame Fruit
I can destroy one crop when planted. Can it be used on a crop with
Foul Manure? Is the fertilizer returned? I take it Crop Insurance
applies to anything destroyed by this card?

Foul Manure blocks everything but Dust Bowl. We only call out the one exception, so no, Flame Fruit cannot destroy a crop with Foul Manure. Fertilize is not returned. That's only done if destroyed by a Thresher.

Crop Insurance would indeed apply! Crop Insurance covers you if destroyed (Dust Bowl, Flame Fruit, Thresher) or Stolen (Foreclosure, Crop Rotation).

Any other questions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Memolo
United States
Nyack
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crop rotation - playable only on an unfertilized crop? Action Card FAQ says that, but not the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mem010 wrote:
Crop rotation - playable only on an unfertilized crop? Action Card FAQ says that, but not the card.

There is no Fertilizer requirement. Not sure what that is on the FAQ. You can target any Crop. I'll make sure the FAQ is fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Memolo
United States
Nyack
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have another question.

I was playing a 2 player game and played 1 fertilizer on my Sassy Wheat. I am required to play another fertilizer, if possible. I had an abundance of crop cards in my hand and there were 2 open fields. I cannot over-fertilize my wheat, so do I have to plant a new crop and fertilize it since it is possible? Or could I have ended my turn? Normally, I'd plant it with no questions asked, but a Farm Futures revealed my opponent had a Dust Bowl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chris --

We have this example in the rule book. You are only required to fertilize if able.

1.) Your wheat already has 1 Fertilizer. You're correct, you cannot add another, i.e. you cannot "over fertilize" any crops.

2.) You haven't planted anything else, and your opponent doesn't have anything out, so you don't need to fertilize. You are not able to do so.

You can absolutely end your turn in this case and, unless you have a Crop Insurance or Foul manure, you're wise to not plant if you know your opponent has a Dust Bowl.

I hope this clarifies things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Santa Fe Springs
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / OCBG Member
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
We have this example in the rule book...I hope this clarifies things.

I love it when the rule book clarifies things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.