Tikal» Forums » General

Subject: Question from an iOS user about how it normally would be rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
The maximum level is 10, but the number of tiles available for temple enlargement is limited. And how many tiles are available is public knowledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Aspley
Queensland
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a limited number of new levels at each height to be explored. Once there are no more of the required level available, you can't explore to that level any more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Neverbuy wrote:
When you put a temple out do you know how many levels it will be? I have only ever played the iOS version and unless I am missing something, once I pop a temple out I don't know where it ends until I just can't search it anymore.

I know they all start at different numbers and all, I just want to know if there is a way to know its max levels ahead of time.

10 is the max any temple could ever be, but, YOU decide where to stop. You can only add 1 level per worker per turn with 2 levels max per hex per turn. If you put a guard on it, it's capped at whatever level you're at. Also, you're limited by the tile pieces in the bank. If all the 9s are gone, you can't go from 8 straight to 10 even if you have 2 workers there. You're stuck at 8. I believe the distribution of tiles is fewest 10s, second fewest 9s, third fewest 8s, etc.

EDIT: I swear those other 2 replies weren't there before, I didn't realize I type THAT slowly ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is one 10 and two 9s available. Can't recall if there are 3 or 4 8s.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
I haven't played the iOS version too much, I can't remember if there is a way to check the remaining temple levels without just strait up memorizing them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens KH
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the others have already said, the maximum level is always 10. Temples only stop earlier if there are no more tiles available for the next level you need.

So, for example, if you put out a level 6 temple and there are no more level 7 tiles, you know right away that it has already maxed out. The only way to "know" in advance is looking at the tiles that are still available. More clear now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Parsons
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Old enough to know what's right
badge
Young enough not to choose it
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in case it isn't clear - it doesn't matter whether the starting tile is a 2 or a 6. There is a common pool of temple-level tiles. When you excavate a temple, you take the next temple level from this common pool. When the pool is out of (say) level-8 tiles, no more temples can go to level 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.