Subject: CANNOT WAIT MUCH LONGER! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Read
United Kingdom
BATH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never bought a microbadge for a game prior to playing it before, but I am properly excited about this game. I've read all the rules I just need the game!

This is going to eat into my TI3 plays, but it's a sacrifice I'm prepared to make, I just hope my gaming buddies are too! I've never played HIS, but it has been on my wishlist for a while. However the theme for VQ has clinched it.

I am really looking forward to the differnet styles of play for each nation, my group all like a bit of negotiation and backstabbing, plus any game with that and a bit of piracy has to be good. One good thing about this is that my patner will play, whereas she doesn't play TI3 with us.

One question I have is do we know when in April this is due for release? We get a couple of Bank Holidays in the UK during May (that's public holidays to anyone else in the world!) and I would love the opportunity to get it on the table for one or both of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FEB
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Join the team my friend...

Waiting eagerly for the german Spielworxx version here and planning to hold a kickoff party.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Langer
Germany
Coburg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
FIS Franconian Gaming Club
badge
History teacher at work
mbmbmbmbmb
Where and when will that party be? Count me in... cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whew! I am almost tired of it for a while. I mean, play(test)ing my third game of it is exhausting. whistle shake

It is definitely worth the wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon G
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ed, you couldn't be convinced to upload the card list in the meantime, could you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting next week I'm going to be upgrading my web site to support both HIS and VQ. I'm sure I can find a few goodies to put up there that you guys haven't seen yet. So give it a few weeks -- at which point that site should be online.

I'm anxiously waiting too. It looks like my designer copies are still a few weeks out from arriving!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FEB
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cornicer wrote:
Where and when will that party be? Count me in... cool

Hamburg....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Duda
United States
Greenbelt
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So having preordered the game in June, and raising my friends' interest in October, my confirming everyone's availability and confirmation in early February for a Sunday 29 April (2012) game may now turn out to have been a little impatient?

At this point, Ed, how much for one of your designer copies? whistle

Since that might be construed as begging favoritism, can I instead settle for the "VQ in 20 Minutes" update on your website for everyone's enjoyment?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FEB
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ed, any update on the delivery schedule of VQ ? Possibly for the localized copies via Spielworxx too ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know GMT's "shipping in April" estimate should be on track since I expect to receive my first look at it late this month.

However I have no idea how that translates to the Spielworx copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FEB
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ed Beach wrote:
As far as I know GMT's "shipping in April" estimate should be on track since I expect to receive my first look at it late this month.

However I have no idea how that translates to the Spielworx copies.

Thanks Ed,

Spielworxx still lists it as "expected in March", have contacted Uli about further details.

Are you/GMT/Spielworxx printing VQ in the US ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Read
United Kingdom
BATH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses Ed and who knows your creation may even challenge Wallace's Brass as my favourite game!

When you say you intend to update your website do you mean here?
http://home.comcast.net/~ebeach/index.html

Perhaps you could post here on the geek when you've have updated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J. Mortimer
United Kingdom
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
certain death wrote:
I just hope my gaming buddies are too! I've never played HIS, but it has been on my wishlist for a while. However the theme for VQ has clinched it.

Ok Jim - i get the hint, i have downloaded the rule book to prepare for our first game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ik ben een kleine boefje
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
2006/2011 (Amsterdam - Maastricht - Apeldoorn - Den Haag -Delft) Vijf jaar dat ik ga nooit vergeten.
badge
Warning: Very handsome user.
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here, game preordered long time ago and I downloaded and read the rules and I hope to play it on 1st may or may be 15th May since I have theee vacation days then. If not I guess I will have to wait till july :s due to lack of tjme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FEB
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone receive a update from Spielworxx ? Have sent them an email a few days ago, but no reply yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Westberg
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually kind of surprised that GMT hasn't charged off the P500s yet. The word was that they'd do that late march.

Then again, from what I've seen, once they charge it's like 2 weeks until the box is on your doorstep. It's insanely fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.