Subject: CCG Armory = Awful Retailer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Gowe
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
This company has been giving me the run around for almost two months now. First they sell me something on their website listed as "In stock" and it's out of stock (apparently a big problem with CCG Armory). So I find something else I'm interested in and pay them a bit more. Then I pay out the nose for shipping and it takes forever to get here. When it arrives it's damaged due to poor packaging. They offer a 50% refund or to send a replacement. I like my board games in pristine condition (or at least without huge holes in the top of the box) so I ask for the replacement. Then they proceed to ship it to the wrong address after confirming with me that they have my new address. Once I finally track the package down it's also badly damaged due to poor packaging. A bit of paper on one side... and nothing else... loosely packed into a reused Rio Grande box that is much too large for the game.

Only 1/5th of my e-mails are responded to and when they are they are short, rude and ignore half of my concerns... not only that, it takes days for a response... not the 24 hours they claim on their site. I attempt to contact "Alex" before filing a claim... but apparently he's out on paternity leave.

I've made phone calls to their customer service and left messages(because they never answer the phone)... none of them have been returned.

When I try to contact their chat for help... no one is ever available.

I've asked for them to make a claim with the carrier and refund the cost of the game... and the additional cost of shipping the game.

Checking some of reviews online (which I should have done in the first place) I see that I'm not the only one who has received their particular brand of "customer service".

So needless to say... I don't recommend CCG Armory. I've bought literally hundreds of games from Miniature Market and Amazon without these kinds of issues. Both companies (especially MM) have customer service that actually responds and seems to care about their customers.

They also know how to pack a box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt schmaltz
United States
alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
I have yet to hear anything good about this company. Seems to be a trend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Ralya
United States
R'lyeh
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Engine Publishing (enginepublishing.com)
badge
The Forgotten Bananas
mbmbmbmbmb
TrevorGowe wrote:
Checking some of reviews online (which I should have done in the first place) I see that I'm not the only one who has received their particular brand of "customer service".

I did exactly the same thing when I placed my one and only order with them: placed it, then happened to look them up, then wished I'd looked them up first. Luckily, my package shipped promptly and survived its poor packaging. Now that I've read up on them, I'll never order there again despite their often excellent prices.

I'm sorry your experience with them sucked so hard. Thank you for writing up a straightforward summary of all the many ways that they fucked up as a warning to others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
dashmudtz wrote:

There are a handful of supporters that have glowing reviews of CCG Armory. The vast majority of posters however have negative views of the company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Lacson
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I placed an order for a couple of booster boxes a couple of weeks ago. I should note that a few moments after I had placed the order, I received an e-mail soliciting me to add a review about the purchase.

This particular order went surprisingly well, in contrast to a previous order I made that was quite a hassle.

Even with a good experience, I'll probably not order from them again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WHO IS MICHAEL BARNES? Why should BGG users care?
North Korea
Galt's Gultch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Cool Stuff Inc. They actually value their customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As does Boards & Bits
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Plourde
Canada
Windsor
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad when things like this happen.. Every company should take great care of such claims, because you can have 1000 quiet happy customers, but you need only one unhappy that voice his hatred everywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKQJX
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will chime in here as a customer of CCGArmory who has had good experiences with their store and their customer support. Admittedly I've only placed two orders with them, and a large one was not perfect but they made it right without even me asking to fix it.

The important thing when dealing with small merchants is engage in communication from the start. Add a message along with your order so they don't have to search around for who wrote what and which order belongs to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Gowe
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
funbelievable wrote:
I will chime in here as a customer of CCGArmory who has had good experiences with their store and their customer support. Admittedly I've only placed two orders with them, and a large one was not perfect but they made it right without even me asking to fix it.

The important thing when dealing with small merchants is engage in communication from the start. Add a message along with your order so they don't have to search around for who wrote what and which order belongs to you.

They didn't have to search for anything. I've had an open line of communication with them from the very beginning... unfortunately they've chosen not to reciprocate.

The important thing for ANY merchant to remember is not to treat their customers like dirt. E-mails left unanswered and calls not returned don't make for happy customers.

Communication is a two way street... and without both parties actively working to reach an understanding, it's simply a waste of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Faber
United States
Kirkland
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispute the charges with your credit card company. They will start an investigation. And suddenly, you will watch as the merchant jumps to respond to fixing the issues...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Westberg
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I stopped doing business with them when they officially canceled more of my orders for being out of stock when they said "in stock" than they fulfilled.

Though I see they finally listed the last item I tried to order as out of stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
Fayetteville
Tennessee (TN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too many awesome online retailers out there, that no one should be forced to deal with a shitty one.

Just take your pick of:

Coolstuff
Timewellspent
Fairplaygames
Boards & Bits
Games Surplus
Thoughthammer

I read one negative thread, I shrug...everybody screws up, sometime. But when I've seen like my 11 or 12 of these, you don't have to tell me twice to steer clear. I have no idea why everyone else doesn't do the same at this point...I mean, sure, if they were selling copies of the original Dune at $20 sealed, okay. But for the same price as others, but with the risk of this "excellent" service? Yeah...forget about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
North Wales
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR!
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've dealt with them before and it was a horrible experience too. They shipped a product that got completely destroyed in the mail, then it only took over a MONTH of harassing them twice a week for them to finally respond. Ugh!

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/659040/ccgarmory-com-ugh

That is my horrible experience with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:
dashmudtz wrote:

There are a handful of supporters that have glowing reviews of CCG Armory. The vast majority of posters however have negative views of the company.

I am one of those people that send them orders every year. ONCE I had a busted mini, they replaced it ASAP without asking for the busted one back.

They have always answered my emails and chats in a rapid and professional manner.

I support them more than any other online game store.

And I have no affiliation with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hahn
United States
flag msg tools
BGG.Com It's the only site I visit where it's a bigger sin to call someone a jackass than it is to be a jackass.
mbmbmbmbmb
funbelievable wrote:

Give it time they will screw you over eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg r
United States
TROY
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Grinch wrote:

Orangemoose wrote:
As does Boards & Bits

And they both can really pack a box well!! especially Coolstuff, the UPS in Orlando used to play soccer with all the boxes but no mater how bad the box looked on the outside (once or twice I was sure the games would be toast) The games inside were in great shape
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Gowe
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
pepperhead wrote:
The Grinch wrote:

Orangemoose wrote:
As does Boards & Bits

And they both can really pack a box well!! especially Coolstuff, the UPS in Orlando used to play soccer with all the boxes but no mater how bad the box looked on the outside (once or twice I was sure the games would be toast) The games inside were in great shape

I've bought from Coolstuff and never had an issue. Never tried Boards & Bits... but I will.

Miniature Market has been my favorite retailer thus far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI is by far my fav online retailer.

game surplus is close second, just because when i order from them, it gets to my house in 2-3 days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Cassens
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mb
Just throwing some more support for both Boards and Bits and CSI. I have spent the majority of my gaming dollars with CSI, as they have always responded in a quick and friendly manner to my emails, and have gone out of their way more than once to show they appreciate my business. Boards and Bits I do not use as often, but the times I have they have been phenomenal as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Martin

Rhode Island
msg tools
I'd just like to add that I placed a small order with CCG armory yesterday, and while I was disappointed to find that the things I ordered were not actually in stock after all, at least I was emailed about it and refunded in full within 6 hours or so of placing my order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to add a data point, gave this place a try yesterday as they were the only place that had a particular game in stock. I should have checked here first, as I've never ordered from them before. Sure enough, I got an email soon afterwards saying that the game is not actually in stock and offering to cancel my order, which I did. It's still fairly early in the morning, but my credit card has not been refunded yet, and the item still shows up as in stock.

It seems to me that listing your inventory correctly is pretty much the bare minimum an online store should do, especially once you've just sent out an email to a customer explaining that an item is not actually in stock.

Too many other good places to shop from to waste time with this kind of foolishness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple updates:

1) you can read about it here.

2) CORRECTION: My credit card was not charged. There's a temporary authorization which should go away.

3) As of this moment they STILL show Manhattan Project as in stock, even after I emailed them saying they might want to change that and got a reply saying it was being fixed. If you don't change the "in stock" status after (a) you run out, (b) you have to cancel an order because you've run out, (c) someone emails you to tell you that you should change this and (d) you reply saying it's being done, then you seriously need to rethink if selling things online is what you should be doing.

This place is amateur hour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Daniels
msg tools
I made really bad experiences too...................they answer your emails only before you order something. After you ordered an item and they got the money they don't reply your e-mails. The item i wanted to order was out of stock, i think. They didn't answer my request for the order for weeks. The only way to contact them was via geekmail. But this connection did only last for 2 or 3 mails...then they didn't answer via geekmail too.
I cannot recommend ccgarmory because they sell items that are not in stock. They are not able to communicate this fact to you, even after you sent them lots of e-mails, asking them why your order doesn't arrive. I only got my money back, after communicating via geekmail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.