Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw some people playing this the other day and it looked really interesting. In terms of this (the base game) and the available expansions, what should I get? I am a completionist, and not above buying into a game that is fun. Suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
mb
If you play with more than 6, get Odyssey. Otherwise you will get various opinions between it and the base game.

Dixit 2 is a card-only expansion pack. All 3 games are compatible with each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dixit 2 offers more art cards, which aren't needed right away. I got the extra cards just for fun, but there are no rules changes to the game at all. Just more art. Just think of it as having extra questions in Trivial Pursuit.

Dixit Odyssey has even MORE art, but also makes some component changes to allow for more than 6 players. It changes the scoring track, too.

However, when I play this game, I almost always play with more than 6 anyway. We just all use our fingers to signal which card we chose. I don't have Dixit Odyssey, and it works just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Action Phase wrote:
In terms of this (the base game) and the available expansions, what should I get? I am a completionist

It seems you have answered your own question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Being a completionist and asking whether a game's expansions are worth purchasing are in no way the same thing.

I appreciate the actual info from the other two ppl though. Mucho appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You're being a little harsh on russ there, he is right, if you have completionist tendencies it is hard not to end up buying them all.

Remember each box has the same exact number cards.

I personally like the art of Dixit 1 the most, with dixit 2 following. Dixit O's art is fine, but I'm not nearly as fond of the art as the first one.

Also I HATE, HATE,HATE the scoring placard of Dixit O. I much prefer the scoring chit for Dixit -- and if you have more than 6 players you can always give people D6's as their voting markers/scoring markers. And really there are so few cards in any single edition of dixit, that you really need at least two of these for it to get going for 6+ players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies if I came off as harsh; I interpreted this reply as smarmy. I was looking for play info from people how have/like the game. Again, apologies to Russ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OK!

My reply was only intended as a light-hearted joke. Hence the smiley.

It does seem true that if you're interested in getting Dixit, and you're a completionist, then surely you will indeed get all 3 decks.

I didn't go into the details of the versions since 2 comments already gave what seemed sufficient info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Juhl
Denmark
Ørbæk
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
We play a lot with freinds and family, and for the game to feel fresh I have never regretted buying both Dixit, Dixit 2 & Dixit Odessey.

In fact, I will buy Dixit 3 the minute it is releashed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.