New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jfro wrote:
nadgamgee wrote:
jfro wrote:
What's shakin' my meeples?

Hi hi! Was your package finally delivered?

No, I spent an hour at the post office this morning

Me- "Hello, the tracking on this says notice left, but I have no notice, nor do I have the package."
Postal Clerk 1 "You should have a notice slip if notice was left."
"Yes, I know, and now you understand why I am here."
"So you have no notice?"
"No."
"Let me get the boss"
"So what is the problem."
"My tracking shows notice left, I was not left a notice slip. I am here to get my package. Here is the tracking number, my address, and I can show you my license."
Postmaster takes info
I sit for ten minutes
"Ok so there is no package here, and the delivery person left. Give me your number and I will call you when he gets back."

No call, routes should be done in our area, post office now closed. I did buy a new pair of shoes and got my hair did as I drove around enraged.

I do so hope that "driving around enraged" means "driving around a town called Enraged". Not the nicest name for a town but at least you looked good in your new do and shoes while driving around it.

You did get a matching pair right? I think they usually look nicer that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
jfro wrote:
nadgamgee wrote:
jfro wrote:

Me- "Hello, the tracking on this says notice left, but I have no notice, nor do I have the package."
"So you have no notice?"
"No."
"Let me get the boss"
"My tracking shows notice left, I was not left a notice slip. I am here to get my package. Here is the tracking number, my address, and I can show you my license."
Postmaster takes info
I sit for ten minutes
"Ok so there is no package here, and the delivery person left. Give me your number and I will call you when he gets back."

No call, routes should be done in our area, post office now closed. I did buy a new pair of shoes and got my hair did as I drove around enraged.

Breathe in, breathe out.

At least you guys have the chance of a delivery on the weekend. Our last postal delivery was Thursday, next is Tuesday and I live in the Nation's Capital. One day the Postal Service will be dragged into the 21st Century.

No postal service on Saturday? Really? Even God's Own gets post delivered on Saturday!

Unless that Saturday is Christmas Day I think, or Boxing Day, or New Year's Day, or maybe the creatively named Day After New Year's Day, one of the regional holidays, or ANZAC Day...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jfro wrote:
Gnome01 wrote:
jfro wrote:
nadgamgee wrote:
jfro wrote:

"So you have no notice?"
"No."
"Let me get the boss"
Postmaster takes info
I sit for ten minutes

Sounds like you have had a frustrating day shake

Hope you get your package sorted out quickly

Regards

Gnome

Postman delivered it today. With no fanfair.

Hooray and huzzah!

In case I missed out reading about it before, what was in it? Biscuits? Easter eggs? Another somewhat smaller package?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blaecblaed wrote:
jfro wrote:
So Scott, tell us a bit about yourself. and welcome to FTL btw.

Thank you.

I play games for the company and because I enjoy them: both the games and the company.

I think this sums up a lot of FTL'ers and board game enthusiasts in general. The company and personal interaction (being in the same room) is one of the big advantages of board games over video games.

Glad to see you sticking around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
As one of my last acts as Love Spreader of the Week, I ask this small favour:

On this holiday weekend, wherever you are, whatever you believe in, please put aside some time for a thought/prayer for those that are less fortunate than us.

Cheerz,
Paul

Done. Great to have these reminders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cedro Gomes
Brazil
Aguas Claras
DF
flag msg tools
Pinky: "Gee Brain what are we gonna do tonight ?" Brain: "The same thing we do everynight Pinky. Try to take over the world !"
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello folks !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cedro Gomes
Brazil
Aguas Claras
DF
flag msg tools
Pinky: "Gee Brain what are we gonna do tonight ?" Brain: "The same thing we do everynight Pinky. Try to take over the world !"
mbmbmbmbmb
blaecblaed wrote:
batcut wrote:

On this holiday weekend, wherever you are, whatever you believe in, please put aside some time for a thought/prayer for those that are less fortunate than us.

Cheerz,
Paul

Done. Great to have these reminders.

That's something really amazing to do in your life.

Great advice !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Belconnen
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DanielCG wrote:
Hello folks !

Hey Daniel, How's things in Brasil?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Belconnen
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blaecblaed wrote:
jfro wrote:
So Scott, tell us a bit about yourself. and welcome to FTL btw.

Thank you.

I have never given anyone the shirt off my back. I have, however, offered it. I have given a bloke the tie from around my neck.

Despite being neither a girl, an actor nor a glam rocker I have worn mascara just to see how I would look. I looked really good since I already have nice eyelashes. At least that's what my mum said. Odd, now that I write that I get the distinct impression she always wanted a daughter.

I started work on an epic poem dedicated to and inspired by a young lady named Samantha. The epic remains unfinished and unworked upon a decade later. This is probably a good thing considering that I rhymed Samantha with bantha. I have the vague recollection that in between those two words appeared "smells like". I was vastly amused. Sam still talked to me after that.

Once or twice, against my better judgement, I have sat in a Ford. I think an ex gf's car was actually a Ford and that I drove it. I have been sure to take a long shower afterwards.

I have sung vespers in Italian in the tomb of St Francis of Assisi. I don't speak Italian but there was a psalter I could follow and Italian sounds are loads of fun to try making in time with others or with music.

I listened to An der schönen blauen Donau as I first crossed over that river. Where I was it was neither beautiful nor blue at the time.

A couple of days ago I met a Taiwanese lass at a friend's house. I don't remember why it came up but she told me it is common knowledge that a Chinese massage typically involves a very special massage stroke. Such was not common knowledge to me. I would have liked to have known this earlier to avoid some discomfort.

Suffice it to say that I did not feel the love from one particular Chinese masseuse. But I still ended up paying for a service I didn't want, hadn't asked for and didn't receive from her just to escape the situation quickly. Had I known beforehand I could have explicitly pointed out that I wanted just a massage. She told me she had assumed I wanted something more and found the misunderstanding a great amusement. She said to come back the next night but didn't so much as offer me a discount even though I had effectively paid more than double. (The full version of this story is a lot more interesting but probably better told in person or as a long RSP post which I'm not going to write.)

Since, aside from writing nice things, the major thing we have in common other than our humanity is games I had best mention them at last:

I play games for the company and because I enjoy them: both the games and the company. With some I will play quickly; with others I will linger. Some games I've not finished, not so much by conscious volition but because they have been a backdrop to other things like mending a broken heart in an acquaintance of mine whose once-love is now, or soon to be, married to another. (It wasn't my choice to end but the night grew dark while his heart grew light so I certainly didn't protest its conclusion and it wasn't as if either of us had our hearts in the game.)

With moderately serious gamers I am moderately serious; with frivolous gamers I am frivolous; with uber-serious gamers I am usually absent. Some days the games act as mere pretence for a gathering; other days they garner a rigorous intensity. Recently it has taken two hours for but two rounds of simple games that others play in half an hour or less: The delight for us has been, I'd wager, not in the winning or in the losing but in the opponent and the conversation that goes on between the playing of the cards.

I hope this is enough, meine Lieblinge, for this, meagre as it might be, has taken veritable hours. It's after lunchtime here and, aside from a handful of blueberries, I've not breakfasted since arising early this morn and I'm becoming borborygmic.

With the eloquence and wit that you have displayed, I'm sure that you will earn enough money for an avatar before long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fro
United States
Buffalo
United States
flag msg tools
admin
I just want to say, God, on behalf of all of us thank you for all of the good things we do in your name, like charity and forgiveness. That’s an idea we would never come up with. That’s for sure. You know that better than anybody.
mb
blaecblaed wrote:
jfro wrote:
Gnome01 wrote:
jfro wrote:
nadgamgee wrote:
jfro wrote:

"So you have no notice?"
"No."
"Let me get the boss"
Postmaster takes info
I sit for ten minutes

Sounds like you have had a frustrating day :shake:

Hope you get your package sorted out quickly :D

Regards

Gnome

Postman delivered it today. With no fanfair.

Hooray and huzzah!

In case I missed out reading about it before, what was in it? Biscuits? Easter eggs? Another somewhat smaller package?

Spoilers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmb
gameguru wrote:
Aenea wrote:
gameguru wrote:
Aenea wrote:
jfro wrote:
nadgamgee wrote:
jfro wrote:

"So you have no notice?"
"No."
"Let me get the boss"
Postmaster takes info
I sit for ten minutes

Did you tell him you are a baddass BGG admin???? Hmmm.... They are playing with their lives!

Still can't get used to the mangling of English about getting your hair done though...

Don't feel bad. It sounds very odd to me as well. I;ve heard of ladies getting their hair done, but guy just get it cut. Maybe I'm just old. Ok, well I am old, but still.

The whole grammar is wrong, I am not perfect with language myself, but I just don't like it when people, on purpose because it sounds cool, mangle up a language. If it is because you don't know any better, well, still wrong, but not as bad...

Word up yo! laugh

And still, I have less trouble with that!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jfro wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
jfro wrote:
Pigeon34 wrote:
jfro wrote:
ok gutter brains

The package was two packs of atomized cartridges, aka carto-mizers, or "cartos". They are the part of my PV (personal vaporizer)(aka e -cig) that heats the juice up and turns it into vapor. Very neccesary, and I was VERY out of them. Local shops don't carry the kind I use (silly cause they are the most generic version). I bought a different kind and it tasted like soap. Still no cigarettes.
Hang in there!

Out of the 5 or so folks I know personally that have tried to switch to e cigs I am the only one who only "vapes" I am doing great with it, only wanting a cigarette once, but no smokes since 1/2 of this year. I have stepped my nic down to only 12mg/ml as well. And my pv looks like a sonic...

That is great. Have you notice much improvement in your lungs/coughing etc?

Within 2 days I noticed improvement in lung capacity/etc. Within 2 weeks I noticed increased energy etc. Haven't had a cough since a few weeks out. No night time skrok. Honestly what made me want to get off the cigs was that I had a wheeze. No matter how I felt, wheezy all the time. And they are gross. I never knew what I smelled like until I quit and a smoker walked by me. To be clear though, my pv is not the kind they sell in the mall. I use a provari. A nice piece of kit.

Simple. Stop. Of course I've never been tempted.

Get 'r done
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
One-Nil to the Arsenal!
badge
And it's Arsenal, Arsenal FC, We're by far the greatest team, The world has ever seen....
mbmbmbmbmb
jfro wrote:
Pigeon34 wrote:
jfro wrote:
ok gutter brains

The package was two packs of atomized cartridges, aka carto-mizers, or "cartos". They are the part of my PV (personal vaporizer)(aka e -cig) that heats the juice up and turns it into vapor. Very neccesary, and I was VERY out of them. Local shops don't carry the kind I use (silly cause they are the most generic version). I bought a different kind and it tasted like soap. Still no cigarettes.
Hang in there!

Out of the 5 or so folks I know personally that have tried to switch to e cigs I am the only one who only "vapes" I am doing great with it, only wanting a cigarette once, but no smokes since 1/2 of this year. I have stepped my nic down to only 12mg/ml as well. And my pv looks like a sonic...

Pics and/or link? I'm intrigued.

And that's awesome you're having success. Best of luck on continued progress!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
One-Nil to the Arsenal!
badge
And it's Arsenal, Arsenal FC, We're by far the greatest team, The world has ever seen....
mbmbmbmbmb

Ēostre says:

Happy Easter!

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
mbmbmbmb
*BOOM*

Something had to happen, way too quiet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cedro Gomes
Brazil
Aguas Claras
DF
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
DanielCG wrote:
Hello folks !

Hey Daniel, How's things in Brasil?

Everything is fine here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
One-Nil to the Arsenal!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aenea wrote:
*BOOM*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Belconnen
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aenea wrote:
*BOOM*

Sorry, I've been checking out yucata.

Off to parents for family get-together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
mbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
Aenea wrote:
*BOOM*

Sorry, I've been checking out yucata.

Off to parents for family get-together.

Have fun!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
This overtext is far more interesting than I am.
badge
One die to rule them all.
mbmbmbmbmb
Back from a fun birthday celebration for a friend. We gave him Settlers and he had never played it. His wife liked it so that was a plus. Then we got in a game of Martian Dice and two games of 7 Wonders. Good stuff.

Almost Easter here. I am making breakfast for the family in the morning. I hope the day finds you all well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre-Luc Ramier
Canada
Saint-Jerome
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just came back from a gaming night! Played Rattus, Buzz it, Excape and Safranito!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maggie Ferrill
United States
oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:

Cheerz,
Paul

What an awesome piece of advice. Nice way to spread the love as LSW!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Wagnon
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
Cybertronic: Superior by design.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pigeon34 wrote:
MadBrad wrote:
Speaking of buying games...

I bought a copy of Antiquity, Siena, Hans Teutonica and the Eastern Expansion map. Oh, my aching wallet!

Well with more than 1k games, your wallet should already be empty!

I am lucky in that I have a job that pays the bills, and allows me a little left over to pursue my passion of collecting boardgames. I play as often as I can get my group together, but will probably never get through even half my collection. However, there is always "just one more that I want..."

Of course, I also end up selling games that I pick up from here and there, so at least part of my collection has been paid for by reselling games I come across from various sources. Part of the fun in finding a good deal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre-Luc Ramier
Canada
Saint-Jerome
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MadBrad wrote:
Pigeon34 wrote:
MadBrad wrote:

I bought a copy of Antiquity, Siena, Hans Teutonica and the Eastern Expansion map. Oh, my aching wallet!

Well with more than 1k games, your wallet should already be empty!

I am lucky in that I have a job that pays the bills, and allows me a little left over to pursue my passion of collecting boardgames. I play as often as I can get my group together, but will probably never get through even half my collection. However, there is always "just one more that I want..."

Of course, I also end up selling games that I pick up from here and there, so at least part of my collection has been paid for by reselling games I come across from various sources. Part of the fun in finding a good deal!

True that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 121302. Pigeon34
  • 1d20 =
  • (6) =
  • Sun Apr 8, 2012 7:27 am
Brad Wagnon
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
Cybertronic: Superior by design.
mbmbmbmbmb
charlieturtle wrote:
MadBrad wrote:

Ouch, in a good way. I've thought about trying to buy Antiquity, but the price tag alone is just to much.

It is expensive, but the OCD in me wants to get a copy of this grail game. I am going to spring either this, or Roads and Boats on my gaming group this summer, and see if they will enjoy it. My group is pretty ecclectic in their tastes, but lately have been trending away from classic AH titles like Advanced Civ, Britannia and Napoleon's Battles - and towards Euros. Hansa Teutonica, Agricola and Goa have been well recieved.

I think part of it may be that the group just has less tolerance for 8 hour gaming sessions, and want games that involve heavy strategy but less time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  253 , 254 , 255 , 256 , 257  Next »  [1000] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.