$10.00
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmb
Gnome01 wrote:
Aenea wrote:
Gnome01 wrote:
Morning all, hope everyone is fit and ready for the day ahead.

Always a little struggle getting up at my normal work time after a nice long weekend. shake



I slept 6 hours, needed to pee, so got out and went back after, was dozing off again and then one of my kitties wanted attention bad, you try sleeping with a kitty jumping on bed, meowing in one ear, walking over you to the other side, meowing on other side, jumping off (with a thud, she is clumsy), going to living room, meowing sadly and loudly there, running back to bedroom, jump on bed, meow in ear, etc., etc., etc.

Had trouble waking up, coffee helped, but now my body is buzzing but there is still quite some fog in my head, grmpf...

I hate it when that happens, body and mind out of sync like that, happens a lot sadly...


Our cats have got into the habit of purring at my wife when they want a cuddle, this generally results in her falling asleep, which means that the cats can settle down on her without being disturbed whistle



My other kitty just stares at me and purrs softly too when she wants attention, when trying to sleep it is easy, just keep eyes closed, if you open them tho you have to cuddle, she is too cute...

The kitty in the cute kitty picture on the other hand can't be without me, if I leave the house she is waiting at the door looking out the window, I have heard from roommates she meows even louder and sadder then at times.

Sometimes she loses track of me, like when she is dozing off somewhere and I 'suddenly' go to bed, she meows to check if I call her, which I usually do, so she comes running...

That is something I should not have done I think, haha, because she is now using that against me, she knows I can't ignore the sad meowing, sigh...

They know me too well

Most of the time I can call her when I am in bed and she snuggles up to me too, but when she does it after I already slept most of the night she just wants me out of bed...

Saddest part? usually 30 minutes after I get up, after the initial cuddles she wanted, she is napping somewhere, sometimes I have the urge to walk up to her and start meowing in her ears devil
32 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R
United Kingdom
Havant
Hampshire
flag msg tools
So long and thanks for all the fish
badge
42 - Life the Universe and Everything
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it is time for me to hit the road, so have a hoopy day folks

Catch up with yo all this afternoon.

Regards

Gnome
31 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
blaecblaed wrote:
virre wrote:
blaecblaed wrote:
virre wrote:
Great I have a dentist time at 8 am and my throat hurts...

Oh well a cup of tea...


Might I recommend 보리차 ?

It's not really a tea; it has no tea in it. It is a tisane made from roasted barley. It won't do much for a sore throat but apparently helps prevent tooth decay. Discovered it three weeks ago, been drinking a litre or two a day it's that pleasing to my little taste buds.

Do hope your dental visit goes swimmingly.


I doubt I have that in a cupboard... My green jasmine tea had to suffice... also I have no idea if you can get what you wrote here

(it kind of reminds me of beeing a scout and fooling the leaders to drink tea from laxative stuff oh and one for sleeping)


There's no barley in Sweden? However did the Vikings make ale without barley? Couldn't very well live on mead year round.

Clever tricks aside (Did that actually work? Did that have the desired effect on your scout leaders?):

Bo-ri-cha is made by dry roasting whole barley corns (can be done in a pot) until they're dark brown. The roasted barley can be stored for ages in an airtight container.

Add about a couple of desert spoons of the roasted barley to 1 L of gently boiling water. After five minutes take off the heat and remove the barley. It's a lovely golden colour. Serve hot or cold. Koreans tend to drink it cold in summer and hot in winter.


Oh Barley... I should have read closer

(Yeah it worked,that was an umm interesting hike)
31 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
Moin Moin!

Back to workdays... and dentist visit went well even if numbness is numbness..
31 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Tychy
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
symku123 wrote:
Hello everyone!

I finally got down to boardgame design again and a few minutes ago finished my second prototype. It's a simple (at least it's meant to be so) two-player game about the civil war in Skyrim, with rather abstract mechanics. It includes lack of resources, lack of people, lack of jarls' loyalty... and of course lots of dragons messing around I can't wait to test it with my friend soon!

Now I'm starting another little game about Ulysses' return home... from the gods' perspective ]:-> A productive Saturday, at last!

Greetings from Poland! And Happy Easter to those who celebrate

Good to see Polish face here
31 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
Only 6 months until the next round.
badge
A little lower and to the left, please.
mbmb
Microbadge minion auto-generated message.
Please welcome our new mb:
Faye Holliday

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
33 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Djali
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hakuna
badge
Matata
mbmbmbmbmb
Moin Moin Thriends!
33 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
It is so quiet in here, it is almost so I have to work...
31 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Caldwell
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the next Love Spreader of the Week, from Madison, Wisconsin, USA

United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
.

Here's to a great week, Charlie!!!!

EDIT: Please head over to Charlie's item on the LSotW geeklist and offer your congrats and pose any questions.


Congrats, Charlie!!! Have a great week!
32 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Caldwell
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope everyone had a great weekend...just getting back to FTL now.

I've got about 25 pages to thumb. See you all in a bit!
31 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McQ
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Moin Moin Thriends
31 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Caldwell
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
Heliconia wrote:
Moin Moin Thriends


Moin Moin!

Off to class...
32 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aenea wrote:
batcut wrote:
Pigeon34 wrote:
batcut is lurking in here, posting nothing but thumbing everything!

Just not in a chatty mood.


Because you are getting your butt kicked on yucata, hmm?

I would like your id on yucata as well Paul!
32 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Belconnen
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Narl wrote:
Aenea wrote:
batcut wrote:
Pigeon34 wrote:
batcut is lurking in here, posting nothing but thumbing everything!

Just not in a chatty mood.


Because you are getting your butt kicked on yucata, hmm?

I would like your id on yucata as well Paul!

batcut - same as here for simplicity.

BTW, where does your user name come from, Leonie.
31 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Belconnen
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Night all - after the late night and today's dramas, we need an early night.

Peace, love and happiness.
31 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shacky22 wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
madmaggie wrote:


Edit: What kind of scientist are you?


Mad


You know, it's amazing how many super villains have advanced degrees.

Graduate schools should do a better job of screening those people out.


ninja I think the requirements for grad school entrance actual cater to people who are slightly bent on world domination. sauron
31 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
virre wrote:
Moin Moin!

Back to workdays... and dentist visit went well even if numbness is numbness..


At least numbness is better than searing pain. I hope this is the last of your many dentist visits. Or do you have more in your future?
31 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
Night all - after the late night and today's dramas, we need an early night.

Peace, love and happiness.


Good night Paul. And may you have a drama free day tomorrow.
31 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
charlieturtle wrote:
virre wrote:
Moin Moin!

Back to workdays... and dentist visit went well even if numbness is numbness..


At least numbness is better than searing pain. I hope this is the last of your many dentist visits. Or do you have more in your future?


Oh yes, one of this was only temporary untill a root canal, and one hole was no time for.. and one wisedome teeth is left.

Enjoy my life
31 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
BTW, where does your user name come from, Leonie.


gnarly!
32 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Tychy
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Strange day at work. Everybody are "working" whistle

I want to go home and watch more Who and Game of Thrones
31 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
Moin, moin all. Late entry for me, I know (after 2pm). I didn't get to work today as we were rear-ended when my wife was driving me to work. We are all fine, car has a buckled rear - just have to deal with the paperwork.

Laters.

BTW, if you all could slow down so that I don't have to much to catch up with, I'd really appreciate it.


Honestly, I've started declaring FTL bankruptcy when I'm more than five pages behind. I'm so stressed about thumbing to the end that I don't enjoy the conversation. Now I'll miss stuff, but I'll be much more prone to replying and so forth!
31 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Tychy
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aenea wrote:
Gnome01 wrote:
Auramine O wrote:
Hello Everyone!

I stayed late at work today, off the clock just to finish something and only to have to do it again anyway tomorrow. HA! And then, I guess because I left work an hour late, I'm driving on the freeway and my tire explodes. No literally it exploded. So I'm all, great, I guess I'll call my... OH LOOK AT THAT I LEFT MY PHONE AT HOME. So I walk to the call box on the freeway with images of cars veering off and hitting me. shake
I make it back to my car to try to get some sleep while I wait for help and just then as my eyelids close someone comes to help! The guy with the tools was awesome nice, the police officer was a dick. Unfriendly. No smiles. I guess typical for CHP (california highway patrol I have horror stories from all over).

So yes. I am home now but I have to buy a tire. I guess it's a good thing I didn't spend my extra money on that ipad!

I hope all is well. I am well. Super tired but home, safe and well and that's the most and best I can ask for.

Hope you guys had a lovely day!


Glad you ended up home safely and it is nice to know there are some friendly people out there


Indeed, glad you are safe!

Does remind me of a holiday I had with a friend of mine, we rented a car in LA, went to Vegas, then later to SF, but on the way back from Vegas we passed a guy on the freeway hitchhiking. If I had not seen any scary movies or heard stories I might have stopped, but I drove on...

Then one of the tires blew, we both did not know how to change a tire, but since we did not have a phone on us (it was 1999, our cell phones did not work in the US, different frequency) we could not call. We tried messing about with the tire ourselves, but were not getting anywhere...

And of course the hitchhiker we passed earlier came walking up and offered to help us, turned out he was rather nice. While he was changing the tire for us a police car stopped and the officer wanted to know if we were okay and asked if it was such a good idea to let the hitchhiker help us. I mentioned I was going to offer him a lift as a thank you, the officer really did not like that idea but I assured we would be okay.

Maybe we took a risk, but come on, the guy was nice enough to help two damsels in distress, the least we could do!


Helping in such situations is great way to get confidence from your future victim whistle
devil
31 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Halden of FTL
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vantageGT wrote:
Aenea wrote:
Pigeon34 wrote:
Aenea wrote:
Pigeon34 wrote:
jfro wrote:
slow day in here. carry on
Yeah and I'm bored lol


Maybe pick up a hobby??? Recently I've heard a lot of people around here talk about this thing called boardgames, maybe you will like that too???


Yeah but I'm all alone! I'm watching tv and trying to find boardgames to buy lol! I have over 500$ on my cart now


You need solo games my friend!

And/or play games on a computer, board game like games I mean...


Many here (including me) are enjoying Friday....



Definitely worth picking up...
32 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Tychy
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aenea wrote:
Gnome01 wrote:
Aenea wrote:
Gnome01 wrote:
Morning all, hope everyone is fit and ready for the day ahead.

Always a little struggle getting up at my normal work time after a nice long weekend. shake



I slept 6 hours, needed to pee, so got out and went back after, was dozing off again and then one of my kitties wanted attention bad, you try sleeping with a kitty jumping on bed, meowing in one ear, walking over you to the other side, meowing on other side, jumping off (with a thud, she is clumsy), going to living room, meowing sadly and loudly there, running back to bedroom, jump on bed, meow in ear, etc., etc., etc.

Had trouble waking up, coffee helped, but now my body is buzzing but there is still quite some fog in my head, grmpf...

I hate it when that happens, body and mind out of sync like that, happens a lot sadly...


Our cats have got into the habit of purring at my wife when they want a cuddle, this generally results in her falling asleep, which means that the cats can settle down on her without being disturbed whistle



My other kitty just stares at me and purrs softly too when she wants attention, when trying to sleep it is easy, just keep eyes closed, if you open them tho you have to cuddle, she is too cute...

The kitty in the cute kitty picture on the other hand can't be without me, if I leave the house she is waiting at the door looking out the window, I have heard from roommates she meows even louder and sadder then at times.

Sometimes she loses track of me, like when she is dozing off somewhere and I 'suddenly' go to bed, she meows to check if I call her, which I usually do, so she comes running...

That is something I should not have done I think, haha, because she is now using that against me, she knows I can't ignore the sad meowing, sigh...

They know me too well

Most of the time I can call her when I am in bed and she snuggles up to me too, but when she does it after I already slept most of the night she just wants me out of bed...

Saddest part? usually 30 minutes after I get up, after the initial cuddles she wanted, she is napping somewhere, sometimes I have the urge to walk up to her and start meowing in her ears devil

This cats are very well trained for thier mission whistle
devil
32 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  266 , 267 , 268 , 269 , 270  Next »  [1000] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.