flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shamurai wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
HalfAwakeGamer wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
Well, I'm certainly not worthy

Your Owned Games: 546... I am the one who is not worthy, good sir moose

I have the most understanding wife in the world.

Does she have a twin, that's single?

Sorry. She has a 64 year old sister, married. Hasn't seen a hot tub in years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pearse
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
virre wrote:
About the dark resturants, they are not so much gimmicky as 1) jobs for blind and 2) a way to get the everyday of people with zero vision.

Traditionally the work place for blind have been really limited although today is a bit dofferent even here companys run by organisations for vison impared is important (my work shares it space with one such company even if they are today more about giving education to disabled persons overall. Indeed that company is behind the dak resturant I know off in Sweden)

Hmm, this is an interesting way to look at it, if they actually encourage this kind of thinking and hiring. I had only looked up the "Dark Side" brand, and didn't find anything about blind servers. In fact they specifically mention flagging servers with a little light, thus neccesitating servers with sight. They also mention that the servers wear night vision goggles, as I think Maggie mentioned earlier. None of the reviews or information pointed to the restaurant as an educational experience either. It sounds like the one you know of in Sweden is putting a more positive spin on an otherwise gimmicky establishment. Kudos to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pearse
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shamurai wrote:
So I cracked open 3 of my old Magic the Gathering decks... peeled out 12 or so pretty cards... looked em up... average sale value is $50-79... I have my Origins ConCurrency ready to go!

That's awesome! Magic is the only hobby I ever got involved with where I ended up making money. Board games, as great as they are, don't often allow for that kind of financial advancement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Shamrowicz
United States
Copley
Ohio
flag msg tools
That's Heathersome!
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
Shamurai wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
HalfAwakeGamer wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
Well, I'm certainly not worthy

Your Owned Games: 546... I am the one who is not worthy, good sir moose

I have the most understanding wife in the world.

Does she have a twin, that's single?

Sorry. She has a 64 year old sister, married. Hasn't seen a hot tub in years.

LOL that's funny!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Shamrowicz
United States
Copley
Ohio
flag msg tools
That's Heathersome!
mbmbmbmbmb
HalfAwakeGamer wrote:
Shamurai wrote:
So I cracked open 3 of my old Magic the Gathering decks... peeled out 12 or so pretty cards... looked em up... average sale value is $50-79... I have my Origins ConCurrency ready to go!

That's awesome! Magic is the only hobby I ever got involved with where I ended up making money. Board games, as great as they are, don't often allow for that kind of financial advancement.

QFT, I honestly cannot say how much money I've MADE from MTG... just when I think I won't make any more.. I crack open a couple more decks.... I have over 60 build and plastic cased deck... Honestly bet each of them has at least a Sol Ring in them.. HOLY bleep just checked Beta Sol Ring can go for $70 - $200 EACH.. I know I have at least 3 of those.. taking one with me to Origins... Taking 3 Scrublands as well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mau g
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quick question guys, what happens when you give a thumbs up? can't seem to find it in the help section. thanks a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pearse
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
audreypots wrote:
quick question guys, what happens when you give a thumbs up? can't seem to find it in the help section. thanks a lot!

Well, from a technical standpoint, the thumb is recorded on the post in question, and also shows up in the "contributions" section of your profile as a thumb given, and in the posters profile as a thumb received.

From an emotional standpoint, you feel good about approving someone's post, then they feel good about your approval. Then everyone's heart grows three sizes and the Grinch carves the roast beast. I'm pretty sure that's how it works Happy thumbing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pearse
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Seems like it's just you and me, Sham, and I'm off for the night now. Have a good one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R
United Kingdom
Havant
Hampshire
flag msg tools
So long and thanks for all the fish
badge
42 - Life the Universe and Everything
mbmbmbmbmb
Morning folks, hope everyone is fit and well for the day ahead.

I was without broadband for most of yesterday so have a bit of catching up to do today.shake

Regards

Gnome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R
United Kingdom
Havant
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bodhisattva wrote:
My Dad had surgery today. After going through a couple months of chemo to shrink his cancer as much as they could there was nothing left to do but cut him open and take the rest out. It has been a very long day at the hospital. Luckily surgery went good and Dad is now cancer free. Dad is in the intensive care unit, in some pain from surgery, and pretty loopy from the drugs but I'm sure he'll be happy tomorrow when he wakes up and understands he is cancer free.

ninja

Hope he recovers quickly. thumbsup

Thinking of of you both.

Regards

Gnome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Elsmere
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So today I had a meeting with my manager, my managers manager, and the bank president. I definitely ruffled the feathers of the first two!

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R
United Kingdom
Havant
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HalfAwakeGamer wrote:
In case anyone is interested, or really even if no one is interested, here's what I bought:

Audiophile  Headphone user  Vinyl collector  Guitar player  Drums player  Native Canuck  Backpacking fan - Backpacker  Agricola fan  Harvest Trilogy fan (Agricola, Le Havre, At the Gates of Loyang)  Le Havre fan  Race for the Galaxy fan - windfall  BBQ lover  Eurogamer  Pandemic fan  Power Grid fan  Microbrewery beer lover  Beer connoisseur - I drink my beer from a glass  Bacon lover  Glen More fan  Game Group Organizer  Bohnanza fan  Ora et Labora fan  King of Tokyo fan - Claw die  Calvin and Hobbes fan  The Clash fan  Charles Mingus fan  John Coltrane fan  My Bloody Valentine fan  The Beatles fan  The Rolling Stones fan  At the Gates of Loyang fan  Agricola: Farmers of the Moor fan  Pandemic: on the Brink fan  Caylus fan - King  Stone Age fan  Harvest Moon fan  The Legend of Zelda fan - Triforce  Pixar fan  Cow  Meat eater  Jaipur fan  Toronto Blue Jays fan  Toronto Raptors fan - Claw  Mechanic  Kickstarter fan  Basketball fan  Neutral Milk Hotel fan  I love G4GG lotteries!  I spend all the GG I earn ("Geekgold burns in my hands")  I play with blue!  Card Sleeve user  I sleeve everything  Plano box user  I Store Game Boxes On Their Side  Super Smash Bros. fan  Shadow of the Colossus fan - Colossus  Ico fan - Ico & Yorda  Community fan - Greendale Logo  Weird and Experimental Music fan  Jazz fan  Tolkien fan  The Lord of the Rings fan  Breaking Bad fan  Uwe Rosenberg fan  Animeeples - I love Animeeples - Cow  Mini Cooper fan  Caver  Egizia fan  Citadels fan  7 Wonders fan  Summer - I Love Summer  Sigur Rós fan  Radiohead fan  Boards of Canada fan - The Campfire Headphase  Aphex Twin fan  Godspeed You! Black Emperor fan  Ambient music fan  Live Music fan  Puerto Rico fan  Sunset fan  Small World fan  Last.fm user  Campfire fan  Miles Davis fan  Freitag fan  I Rearrange My Games  Forces others to play boardgames  'it is the goal that is important, not the winning'  Worker placement fan  Canadian  Miguel de Cervantes fan  George Orwell fan  Gabriel García Márquez fan  Shakespeare fan  Foosball fan  Crokinole fan  Braid fan  Optimist  Hiking fan  I purchased 100 microbadges in a single day.

Congratulations, that is a nice haul.

Regards

Gnome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
madmaggie wrote:
gameguru wrote:
shacky22 wrote:
I'm extremely Hoopy. Tomorrow I'm getting a copy of RoboRally! I've been wanting to play that one for some time now. Hooray for trades!

SWEET! Robo Rally RULES!!! Now you'll be craving for the hard to get expansions. Hope ya have lots of hoopy fun with it.

THERE ARE EXPANSIONS?!

Where have I been?

Hey, is this like, you know, a serious question for real? You didn't know they existed?

While viewing them may infringe upon copyright in your jurisdiction, there are images of boards for the RR expansions available on the 'Net. Much of the novelty of the expansions came from the new items on the boards and the rules for these new items are available too.

http://tartarus.org/gareth/roborally/boards/official
http://www.roborally.nl/wb/pages/boards.php

Unofficial, fan expansions and mods
www.robofactory.de
Roborally: Robofactory Board Element Reference Chart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmb
This guy won Swedish humor contests and stuff, he is awesome and from New Zeeland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobbit DM
Ukraine
Chernivtsi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moinblankmoin

HalfAwakeGamer wrote:
madmaggie wrote:
Who wants to meet me in Kiev?!

I came all the way to Kiev, now why do I feel like I'm being stood up?

But seriously, this restaurant looks ridiculously gimmicky and yet I really want to go.

So Mike, is it a promise of a visit? Also, nice MBs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmb
Boardgamegeek.com not working well, bgg.cc works wtf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meshell Heelbeck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I know people that setup special acvounts just for spamy contests on facebook...

I am one of those people. I have my private account & my comping one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meshell Heelbeck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HalfAwakeGamer wrote:
Well, I definitely just purchased 100 microbadges in a single day; now if only there were a badge to commemorate this...

Congratulations meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tyrer
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
audreypots wrote:
Hi guys!

I'm so happy I found this thread, will make sure I thumbs up as much as possible! Enjoy the rest of your day!

Welcome to the thread, enjoy your stay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meshell Heelbeck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's me all caught up again today! Sorry I've not been around much guys my nan is very poorly in hospital so been spending a lot of time up there with her. Hope you are all doing well! =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tyrer
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Radziol wrote:

ooooo I want...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tyrer
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Auramine O wrote:
i think the only ww games i want to play are with FTL people.

Jfro, whens the next one?

The next one is 2 weeks ago if I remember right?

Jeffro, we're still waiting devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tyrer
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HalfAwakeGamer wrote:
Well, I definitely just purchased 100 microbadges in a single day; now if only there were a badge to commemorate this...

Nice, it is a distant hope for me shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddie Foulds
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
Friendship is Love without his wings!
mbmbmbmbmb
moinblankmoinblankthriends

Hope everyone is well! Dropping in and out sporadically Who knew I'd be busier after handing in my PhD than when I was writing it!

Caught a quick break thouhg, so thought I'd drop in to wish much love to everyone on FTL!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tyrer
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corps_of_Oa wrote:
That's me all caught up again today! Sorry I've not been around much guys my nan is very poorly in hospital so been spending a lot of time up there with her. Hope you are all doing well! =)

Positive vibes sent your way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  648 , 649 , 650 , 651 , 652  Next »  [1000] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.