Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
From an e-mail announcement this morning:

Quote:
A new edition

It's been a little over a year since we released Cards Against Humanity. Since then, we've replaced nearly 100 cards in the game and updated the box and the rules. Today, we're releasing version 1.2 of Cards Against Humanity. It's funnier and more horrible than ever, and we think you'll love it.

Is there any way those with the old edition can get these new cards? And did the expansion get new cards too, or just the base game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed them and asked the same thing, and the answer is no. They just update some of the cards between releases (so the release previous to this must have been 1.1 which also had some cards changed).

It sounds like they only print off the sets, and not any extra new cards to sell separately. Which is weird, because you would think they would keep the base sets the same, and save any new ideas for further expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Temkin
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Max here from Cards Against Humanity. We always want the main game to be as good as we can make it. So while we are working on new expansions, we're also constantly making the base set better and better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gallagher
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got that email as well. I went ahead and ordered the basic set (the expansion was already sold out by 8:30PM CDT - that's what happens when one has no Internet access while at work).

Any estimate as to when the next reprint of the expansion will be available (or will I have to wait for expansion #2)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
I broke down and bought a copy of the new edition which arrived during lunch. I only got a chance to scan through the black card deck, but most of the "new" cards are simply reformatting of the text, but I did come across several new cards. The left two columns show the new cards, and the right two show the ones from the old edition they seem to replace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maelic001 wrote:
I broke down and bought a copy of the new edition which arrived during lunch. I only got a chance to scan through the black card deck, but most of the "new" cards are simply reformatting of the text, but I did come across several new cards. The left two columns show the new cards, and the right two show the ones from the old edition they seem to replace.

Awesome, thanks for putting this up. Now I can make use of those blanks from the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Considerably more changes on the white cards, although some are more subtle. Same format as before, left 2 are new cards, right 2 are old cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
And finally, the expansion. No black cards were changed, but there were a few white cards that changed:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your work! Hopefully the next expansion will have more blanks included so I can add a bunch more of these 'updated' cards to my set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.