Prev «  1 , 2  | 

Glory to Rome» Forums » General

Subject: Can we have a black box update? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Are_we_there_yet? [+] [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
At least we got our I.V. promo cards before they were available in the BGG Store..... shake

Cyclades, Glory to Rome, Ascension, K2, Coloretto, Going Cardboard documentary, and other new Promos in the BGG Store!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
matdav wrote:
At least we got our I.V. promo cards before they were available in the BGG Store..... shake

Cyclades, Glory to Rome, Ascension, K2, Coloretto, Going Cardboard documentary, and other new Promos in the BGG Store!

Actually, a perfect thing to comment on for the KickStarter supporters, as it would have been nice to have a heads up:

1) If you didn't choose the Promos as one of your 'choices' now is your chance to get it.
2) The non-BB edition Promos are being sold separately from the Black Box and if ordered through the Geek Store will arrive earlier than the KickStarters'.
3) We aren't shipping your promos separately from your Black Box, so be patient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bartel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthnice wrote:

2) The non-BB edition Promos are being sold separately from the Black Box and if ordered through the Geek Store will arrive earlier than the KickStarters'.

I will be very upset if this is true. This is one of the reasons I stopped supporting/buying anything from TMG. Not the fact that they are widely available, but the fact that others will get to enjoy them months before the Kickstarters will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
homiefud wrote:
darthnice wrote:

I will be very upset if this is true. This is one of the reasons I stopped supporting/buying anything from TMG. Not the fact that they are widely available, but the fact that others will get to enjoy them months before the Kickstarters will.

I agree, it appears at least the the Glory to Rome IV promos were developed during and after the Kickstarter process for the BB edition. So it stands to be argued that the Kickstarter supporters made these possible. I know that these have been printed for awhile and you could pick them up from CGF at cons, but to see it develop this way is a little surprising.

No communication, or the offer to ship them for an added cost. The production delays were okay, even if the explanation was strange, but this? CGF had to know there would be blow back on this, so they must have judged it would be worth the bad press.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
homiefud wrote:

Did that happen with anything other than Eminent Domain? Seems like blacklisting a company for one bad experience is a bit harsh....just my 2 cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bartel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:

Did that happen with anything other than Eminent Domain? Seems like blacklisting a company for one bad experience is a bit harsh....just my 2 cents.

Well... not that I want to derail this... But if I remember correctly, they did the same thing with Belfort. And I did say ONE of the reasons. It wasn't just the fact that they air freighted copies overseas to be sold at GenCon months before Kickstarters would see it. (AND told Kickstarters that were attending GC that they could NOT pick up their game.) It was also the promise of exclusive promos that were then included in the entire first print run of 5000 copies... because they wanted to save a few bucks. It's my personal belief that TMG cared more about saving those few bucks than keeping a promise and their integrity with the people who got their game published in the first place.

That's why I won't buy another TMG product. So far, CGF is FAR from that behavior. I would just be disappointed to see them go down the same path.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
homiefud wrote:

Well... not that I want to derail this... But if I remember correctly, they did the same thing with Belfort. And I did say ONE of the reasons. It wasn't just the fact that they air freighted copies overseas to be sold at GenCon months before Kickstarters would see it. (AND told Kickstarters that were attending GC that they could NOT pick up their game.) It was also the promise of exclusive promos that were then included in the entire first print run of 5000 copies... because they wanted to save a few bucks. It's my personal belief that TMG cared more about saving those few bucks than keeping a promise and their integrity with the people who got their game published in the first place.

That's why I won't buy another TMG product. So far, CGF is FAR from that behavior. I would just be disappointed to see them go down the same path.

Fair enough. (a side note, Belfort wasn't a Kickstarter game....)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note that none of these promos were 'exclusives'. I don't think they ever used that word about anything. You got extra choices for your black box kickstart if you got in early.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
mbmbmbmbmb
darthnice wrote:
Also note that none of these promos were 'exclusives'. I don't think they ever used that word about anything. You got extra choices for your black box kickstart if you got in early.

They also never said we'd receive them before they became available elsewhere. I can see how that would be an easy assumption to make, but it is just that, an assumption.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny O'Donnell
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a Rubble backer, I'm going to be pretty disappointed if the I.V promos don't go out soon. The I.V cards are the main thing I'm getting out of backing the game, and it would suck to not get them until months after the people who didn't back the project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PsychoDan wrote:
As a Rubble backer, I'm going to be pretty disappointed if the I.V promos don't go out soon. The I.V cards are the main thing I'm getting out of backing the game, and it would suck to not get them until months after the people who didn't back the project.

According to this thread, they should have already been sent to Rubble backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bartel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthnice wrote:

It's a good thing I never said the CGF promos were exclusive then...

Tegs wrote:
They also never said we'd receive them before they became available elsewhere. I can see how that would be an easy assumption to make, but it is just that, an assumption.

You're absolutely right. They never promised anything of the sort. And were not obligated in any way to do so... It would just be a shitty thing to do, if that were the case.

Tegs wrote:
According to this thread, they should have already been sent to Rubble backers.

And that is most encouraging to hear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko M
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jeremiah_Lee wrote:

"We're getting arrangements made for the boat and advance shipments."

Ed's update was:
"CGF is headed to China on February 28th to check out the final product, and to bring back suitcases full of games for those of you getting advanced shipping."

What happened those suitcases full of games if you month later are still making arrangements for advanced shipping? Will this "one month arrangements delay" also happen to normal shippings ?

I have not seen it mentioned by CGF, are the ships already left from China (to USA and Europe) or not ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Sylvania
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MikkoAM wrote:
Jeremiah_Lee wrote:

"We're getting arrangements made for the boat and advance shipments."

Ed's update was:
"CGF is headed to China on February 28th to check out the final product, and to bring back suitcases full of games for those of you getting advanced shipping."

What happened those suitcases full of games if you month later are still making arrangements for advanced shipping? Will this "one month arrangements delay" also happen to normal shippings ?

I have not seen it mentioned by CGF, are the ships already left from China (to USA and Europe) or not ?
Turns out that we didn't get the people we thought we'd have in China to bring back the suitcases of games. We thought we'd have a couple people in China, and we only had Ed. So there aren't any suitcases of games.

The ships haven't left from China.

Here's the N/A

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will regular GTR show up at the same time? Not sooner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Sylvania
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't have another printing of the IV version happening. There are a bunch of copies already in the warehouse in Massachusetts, and we've been continuing to fill orders from distributors and retailers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremiah_Lee wrote:
We don't have another printing of the IV version happening. There are a bunch of copies already in the warehouse in Massachusetts, and we've been continuing to fill orders from distributors and retailers.
It's available at Spel-landet here in Sweden:
http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=371964

But Amazon.de reads:
http://www.amazon.de/Cambridge-Game-Factory-CGF00004-Glory/d...
http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B005J2QOZE/ref=dp_olp_...
"Der Artikel ist bald verfügbar. Sichern Sie sich jetzt Ihr Exemplar!

Bestellen Sie jetzt und wir versenden diesen Artikel, sobald er verfügbar ist. Sie können Ihre Bestellung jederzeit stornieren. Ihr Konto wird erst nach dem Versand Ihrer Bestellung belastet."
Google translate:
"The article will be available soon. Get your copy now!

Order now and we will ship this product when it becomes available. You may cancel your order at any time. Your account is debited only after the delivery of your order."

I was waiting for it at playme.de:
http://playme.de/GLORY-TO-ROME
"momentan nicht verfügbar!"

All they have said earlier is that they have waited for it so long and that they will get it and the black edition.

But with such a claim I don't know how to comprehend it. Maybe they won't get it? Or why haven't they already gotten it if it's easily available?

The Swedish price was pretty good now, I think it's been more expensive earlier.

I was waiting for it to fill my order but then maybe it's an unnecessary wait?

Or the German distributors don't want to order any/get any shipped before the black box edition is available to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wakefield Morys-Carter
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
aliquis wrote:
But with such a claim I don't know how to comprehend it. Maybe they won't get it? Or why haven't they already gotten it if it's easily available?

Some overseas retailers have taken us up on an offer for combined shipping for other games with the Black Box edition, so unfortunately this means that they are having to wait for games that are currently available in the US if they don't have a freight forwarder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wake wrote:
aliquis wrote:

Some overseas retailers have taken us up on an offer for combined shipping for other games with the Black Box edition, so unfortunately this means that they are having to wait for games that are currently available in the US if they don't have a freight forwarder.
Maybe it's already been covered but are we talking weeks or months?

I probably rather take my order now than wait 3 months just for GTR =P

Especially since I could get GTR here in Sweden the same price ..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aliquis wrote:
are we talking weeks or months?

Good question! CGF are being very tight lipped on any sort of delivery schedule (even to ther resolution of weeks or months), presumably because they don't know themselves, so understandably don't want to make any promises they can't deliver on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.