Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
andrea melegari
Italy
parma
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
After carefully reading the comparison between the different boards i've decided to purchase my first board from this site.

I have noticed that there are three boards that cost exactly the same: Blue Moon, Wintersonne and White Star.

Are the difference between the three just esthetics?Or is one of the three better than the other for any reason?

beacuse i really like the blue line of the Blue Moon version but haven't find any clear picture of that board.

thx any contribution will be very appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Rathgeb
Germany
Erbach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May be you contact them via email and ask for some differnet pictures from their boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
crokinole.dk Elwis Szypulski
Denmark
Horsens
EU
flag msg tools
Hi Andrea,

My name is Elwis I represent Crokinole.dk - Danish Crokinole Organization.

I hope You find my reply helpful, because we own 2 Wintersonnes and 1 Blue Moon in our residence among another great boards (Muzzies and Willard).

The central whole of Blue Moon seems to be too shallow compering to the standards. This issue keeps us from ordering the second Blue Moon again, having no guarantee of avoiding this issue. According to our experience we find Wintersonne quite consistent and even in that terms , fulfilling standard requirements just right, and looking good. We are going to use them again in our tournaments and Leagues besides Willard PRO.

You can take a look at the comparative review, and the thread heres:

http://crokinole.dk/crokinole.dk/Horsens_Crokinole_Club_file...

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/695353/crokinole-boards-comp...

Friendly Regards,

Elwis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrea melegari
Italy
parma
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Elwis thx a lot for your help...i have read your wonderful file several times.You reallly did a great job and gave great help to evreyone interested in this fantastic game.

I'm still a bit dubious on which one to buy because i like the blue moon more than the Wintersonne..but after your suggestion i think i prefer a board with all the requiremnts right..

Can i kindly ask you what do you mean for "shallow"?Sorry but my english is not that good...does that mean that it's a bit less "deep" than the standard?

Thx a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
crokinole.dk Elwis Szypulski
Denmark
Horsens
EU
flag msg tools
Hi again Andrea,

Yes, you understood properly.

The 20's whole at Blue Moon is significantly shallower compering to 5 other models of boards we have. You can see it with naked eye, and 1 mm difference could affect the gameplay of precision requiring game like crokinole.

As for beauty of Blue Moon: don't worry it's controversial. My girl likes it, to mind mind it less attractive than in photos, and these lines on the wooden background look a bit artificial.

Sorry if I destroyed your plan, but I would take Wintersone because I could compere them.

Warm Regards,
Elwis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The four round boards from crokinole.de should be identical in all respects apart from the looks. Which, as you say, is purely esthetic.

As for the depth of the center hole, I haven't noticed any problems with my own copy of the Blue Moon board from them. But then again, I haven't played my own copy with another copy nearby to compare them.

The pegs on my copy are not brass, but I have learned to live with it.
It makes the board look almost similar to the Wintersonne version, except for the blue lines. But it is very attractive!

I have played on several boards from Mr. Crokinole and Hilinsky over the last 15 years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrea melegari
Italy
parma
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Elwis Szypulski wrote:
As for beauty of Blue Moon: don't worry it's controversial. My girl likes it

Funny this is the same here .My girl prefers the "Blue Moon look" while i think both Blue Moon and Wintersonne are really great to see.

However Mrs Bettina from crokinole.de was very kind and sent me a few more pictures of each board and i have decided to go with the Wintersonne.I'll order two boards (one for me and one for a friend of mine) but don't know which model he 'll choose.If he choose a different model i'll let you know if i notice any sort of difference between the two.

Thx a lot for all your suggestions and my best compliment for your web site Elwis, i really had a good time visiting it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrea melegari
Italy
parma
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,
just to confirm you that the two boards (both Wintersonne) arrived yesterday in exactly one week.They are beautiful i tried them for just a few min and are fantastic. i also had great support from mrs bettina of crokinole.de so i heartly reccomend them to everyone interested in the purchase.
Thx a lot for all the suggestion!I cannot wait to start playing the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just recently, I've gotten a Wintersonne board for my birthday. It looks realy great and also plays great. I can't compare it with any other boards. From my point of view however, I can recommend this board to anyone who is looking for a decent board. My girlfriend, who gave me the board as a gift, also told me that the people at crokinole.de were very nice and helpful. The service was A+.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.