Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Hahn
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've wanted sleeves for my power plant cards since I've owned PG, but wasn't interested in trimming them to fit.

I finally found a US-based eBay seller, blue_fortress11598, selling Ultra-Pro 69mm x 69mm sleeves. I bought some and they are perfect. I couldn't be happier.

Just thought I'd throw this out there in case there are other OCD Power Grid owners out there

(PS - I am in no way connected to this eBay seller or the sleeve maker, just trying to help out other BGGers who might be interested.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miljenko Murkovic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx, nice find... These sleeves also look perfect for El Grande!! Only downside is super expensive shipping
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hahn
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I ordered 3 packs - Shipping to me in Ohio was a flat $2.50.

I can imagine that shipping from the US to Croatia might be a bit north of that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool Stuff Inc carries them, too. They're listed as Board Game Sleeves 69x69mm 50ct (Settlers of Catan) for $2.99 per 50-pack. It should really say "Settlers of Catan Card Game".

Edit: To clarify, these are the same Ultra-Pro branded sleeves mentioned in the OP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L.
United States
Milpitas
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugh_G_Rection wrote:
Cool Stuff Inc carries them, too. They're listed as Board Game Sleeves 69x69mm 50ct (Settlers of Catan) for $2.99 per 50-pack. It should really say "Settlers of Catan Card Game".

I can vouch that indeed the CoolStuffOnc sleeves work. They fit like a glove and are quite nice. They are thicker than the Mayday sleeves. I suppose the only downside is there is a small sticker emblem on one of the corners. No biggie for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know the thickness of these sleeves?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hahn
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are fairly thick - I would say easily on par with the Mayday Premium sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
Colin Thomas is an anagram for 'Cool in maths'
badge
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
mbmbmbmbmb
gavin923 wrote:

I ordered 3 packs - Shipping to me in Ohio was a flat $2.50.

I can imagine that shipping from the US to Croatia might be a bit north of that

How much of the 3 packs did you end up using? With 43 plants in the base deck, 46 plants in the expansion deck, and 7 plants in the promo, it looks like you could get away with 2 packs (but wouldn't have any extras in case of breakage)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hahn
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I barely needed the 3rd pack. I plan on getting any new promos coming out and would rather have extras than need to order again anytime soon. I also sleeved the player reference cards.

For $3, why wouldn't I?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
Colin Thomas is an anagram for 'Cool in maths'
badge
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
mbmbmbmbmb
gavin923 wrote:

I barely needed the 3rd pack. I plan on getting any new promos coming out and would rather have extras than need to order again anytime soon. I also sleeved the player reference cards.

For $3, why wouldn't I?

too true!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gavin923 wrote:
I've wanted sleeves for my power plant cards since I've owned PG, but wasn't interested in trimming them to fit.

I finally found a US-based eBay seller, blue_fortress11598, selling Ultra-Pro 69mm x 69mm sleeves. I bought some and they are perfect. I couldn't be happier.

Just thought I'd throw this out there in case there are other OCD Power Grid owners out there

(PS - I am in no way connected to this eBay seller or the sleeve maker, just trying to help out other BGGers who might be interested.)

Here's a direct link to his store and his category of sleeves:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

Also here's another seller that has occasionally offered power grid sleeves:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...
I've not tried either one of these, but I probably will get some power grid sleeves at some point. Note: I think this guy is selling different ones than the ultra pro, and I don't think his has the ultra pro sticker in the corner.

Edit: Looks like BGG mangles the links so that first link just goes to the shop. Click BOARD GAME SLEEVES in the left to go to that category.

Looks like if you type a search in ebay that says:
69mm sleeves
you can get a few hits on this size of sleeves.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/Board%20Games/Board+Game+Sleev... Game Sleeves 69x69mm 50ct (Settlers of Catan)
And a direct link to coolstuffinc same sleeves

And amazon carries them now too (although at a price of $5 each)
http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-Board-Sleeves-69x69/dp/B005C...

Since its an ultra pro product now, it may be possible to get them at your FLGS too. I think the MSRP is $2.99

Here's a link to the official ultra pro page on this product (may be useful for further searching or if you need to show your FLGS)
http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php/cPath/33_83_52_117/...

Edit: Thats the stuff I've found after a few minutes searching for info. That should be enough info for anyone to get these
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG will be producing square sleeves for games like Power Grid this summer. They will also be producing tarot-sized sleeves.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3348
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oszvald Juhasz
Hungary
Helvécia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"third quarter of 2012"

Eagerly waiting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tennberg wrote:
FFG will be producing square sleeves for games like Power Grid this summer. They will also be producing tarot-sized sleeves.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3348

can anyone compare the fit and quality of FFG square vs. Ultra Pro 69x69 sized sleeves?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got some of the FFG ones, I was shocked at how stiff they are. I'm used to the normal size el cheapos from Mayday, which are extremely thin and floppy. I'm not sure I like them being so stiff, but I guess they will protect better.

For the first time I understand how people say they can shuffle with sleeves by pushing, this stiff ones certainly allow that. No chance in hell with the old Mayday ones.

Fit was fine, no complaints. There's a couple mm's on either side and the top as per normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
I got some of the FFG ones, I was shocked at how stiff they are. I'm used to the normal size el cheapos from Mayday, which are extremely thin and floppy. I'm not sure I like them being so stiff, but I guess they will protect better.

For the first time I understand how people say they can shuffle with sleeves by pushing, this stiff ones certainly allow that. No chance in hell with the old Mayday ones.

Fit was fine, no complaints. There's a couple mm's on either side and the top as per normal.

perhaps the ultra pro sleeves would fit better, since they are 69x69mm (vs. 70x70mm of FFG's).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowen wrote:
Does anyone know the thickness of these sleeves?

100 microns

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Waters
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up a few packs of the FFG sleeves at my local game store. They look great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.