Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
3958 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [159] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Texas Werewolf VI - After 160 pages of insanity, GOOD WINS! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (0/13)
Dake wrote:
rgatti wrote:
How am I still the first person listed alphabetically? surprise


and i ruined this!

thumbsup

Getting an early jump on earning meta-votes, are you? whistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Smeagol
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (0/13)
Dake wrote:
rgatti wrote:
How am I still the first person listed alphabetically? surprise


and i ruined this!

thumbsup


Gtfo
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (0/13)
rgatti wrote:
How am I still the first person listed alphabetically? surprise

I've definitely found on several occasions that a disproportionate about of the other players in WW games with me have usernames toward the end of the alphabet.

Usually, it involves me opening up everyone's posts in different tabs, getting into the S's, and thinking I'm mostly done, but...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (0/13)
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
California
flag msg tools
"Don't be afraid of death, be afraid of the unlived life." --Natalie Babbitt, 'Tuck Everlasting'
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (0/13)
Almost full, wow.

I'm worried that this'll fill and be too fast of a game. Would anyone be opposed to me raising the stakes a bit to make it a larger game?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (0/13)
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (0/13)
violintides wrote:
Almost full, wow.

I'm worried that this'll fill and be too fast of a game. Would anyone be opposed to me raising the stakes a bit to make it a larger game?


Raise em! 1500 style!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
California
flag msg tools
"Don't be afraid of death, be afraid of the unlived life." --Natalie Babbitt, 'Tuck Everlasting'
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (12/17)
ZenMonkey11 wrote:
violintides wrote:
Almost full, wow.

I'm worried that this'll fill and be too fast of a game. Would anyone be opposed to me raising the stakes a bit to make it a larger game?


Raise em! 1500 style!

I did some calculations. Can someone comment and let me know what you think about this?

Added one Werewolf to the mix (4/17).

Added a second Tinker. (to give the wolves a bit more chance of cover)

Added two Masons. (I may dislike the roles, but some people like 'em)

Added 4 Villagers.

I figure if I added 3 more 'claimable' cards and one Werewolf, that I should add an equivalent number of Villagers. (the math on BlackSheep's standard 13er of Texas WW is 11 Villager cards, which means a chance of 5 full Vanillagers-- 5.5/13-- this one has a chance of 7 full Vanillagers--7.5/17)

Does that sound all right? I just wanted to make it a bit bigger since it filled up so fast and we still have two weeks to go! laugh
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (12/17)
violintides wrote:
ZenMonkey11 wrote:
violintides wrote:
Almost full, wow.

I'm worried that this'll fill and be too fast of a game. Would anyone be opposed to me raising the stakes a bit to make it a larger game?


Raise em! 1500 style!

I did some calculations. Can someone comment and let me know what you think about this?

Added one Werewolf to the mix (4/17).

Added a second Tinker. (to give the wolves a bit more chance of cover)

Added two Masons. (I may dislike the roles, but some people like 'em)

Added 4 Villagers.

I figure if I added 3 more 'claimable' cards and one Werewolf, that I should add an equivalent number of Villagers. (the math on BlackSheep's standard 13er of Texas WW is 11 Villager cards, which means a chance of 5 full Vanillagers-- 5.5/13-- this one has a chance of 7 full Vanillagers--7.5/17)

Does that sound all right? I just wanted to make it a bit bigger since it filled up so fast and we still have two weeks to go! laugh


Given this roleset with hampered reveals aplenty, masons seem like they may be significantly powerful late game. I'd like to try it out, but it may be a bit unbalanced.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
California
flag msg tools
"Don't be afraid of death, be afraid of the unlived life." --Natalie Babbitt, 'Tuck Everlasting'
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (12/17)
Shushnik wrote:
violintides wrote:
ZenMonkey11 wrote:
violintides wrote:
Almost full, wow.

I'm worried that this'll fill and be too fast of a game. Would anyone be opposed to me raising the stakes a bit to make it a larger game?


Raise em! 1500 style!

I did some calculations. Can someone comment and let me know what you think about this?

Added one Werewolf to the mix (4/17).

Added a second Tinker. (to give the wolves a bit more chance of cover)

Added two Masons. (I may dislike the roles, but some people like 'em)

Added 4 Villagers.

I figure if I added 3 more 'claimable' cards and one Werewolf, that I should add an equivalent number of Villagers. (the math on BlackSheep's standard 13er of Texas WW is 11 Villager cards, which means a chance of 5 full Vanillagers-- 5.5/13-- this one has a chance of 7 full Vanillagers--7.5/17)

Does that sound all right? I just wanted to make it a bit bigger since it filled up so fast and we still have two weeks to go! laugh


Given this roleset with hampered reveals aplenty, masons seem like they may be significantly powerful late game. I'd like to try it out, but it may be a bit unbalanced.

Well remember that Masons and Lovers CAN be Werewolves. So you could has a Seer-Mason + Werewolf-Mason! Just as an example.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (12/17)
Hurm... 17 players?... not sure I prefer the change, but it won't drive me away.

The balance looks okay, especially since it really increases the impact of the Priests...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (12/17)
Having said this looks balanced... with 17 players, I predict Evil is going to slaughter Good. Unless the cards heavily favor Good, again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
California
flag msg tools
"Don't be afraid of death, be afraid of the unlived life." --Natalie Babbitt, 'Tuck Everlasting'
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (12/17)
You think so?
A 17er normally has 5 or 6 evils (depending on the roleset), right? Only 4 seems kind of balanced considering the different possible combinations...

Do you have any suggestions for balance? I am all ears. I don't want to put in any protectors unless I do a Bodyguard. Even then, I think that'd be too much. Thoughts, anyone?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (12/17)
violintides wrote:
You think so?
A 17er normally has 5 or 6 evils (depending on the roleset), right? Only 4 seems kind of balanced considering the different possible combinations...

Do you have any suggestions for balance? I am all ears. I don't want to put in any protectors unless I do a Bodyguard. Even then, I think that'd be too much. Thoughts, anyone?

I think it CAN be balanced, but I can also think of a lot of easy ways for Evil to get a huge advantage, depending on the cards...

There are many fewer ways for Good to get an advantage.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Saracco
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (12/17)
violintides wrote:

I did some calculations. Can someone comment and let me know what you think about this?

Added one Werewolf to the mix (4/17).

Added a second Tinker. (to give the wolves a bit more chance of cover)

Added two Masons. (I may dislike the roles, but some people like 'em)

Added 4 Villagers.

I figure if I added 3 more 'claimable' cards and one Werewolf, that I should add an equivalent number of Villagers. (the math on BlackSheep's standard 13er of Texas WW is 11 Villager cards, which means a chance of 5 full Vanillagers-- 5.5/13-- this one has a chance of 7 full Vanillagers--7.5/17)

Does that sound all right? I just wanted to make it a bit bigger since it filled up so fast and we still have two weeks to go! laugh


May I ask you what Masons are for?
Usually their use is to let 2 goods know each other. Here it looks like the same as a villager card, or am I wrong?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (12/17)
Saraxsr wrote:
violintides wrote:

I did some calculations. Can someone comment and let me know what you think about this?

Added one Werewolf to the mix (4/17).

Added a second Tinker. (to give the wolves a bit more chance of cover)

Added two Masons. (I may dislike the roles, but some people like 'em)

Added 4 Villagers.

I figure if I added 3 more 'claimable' cards and one Werewolf, that I should add an equivalent number of Villagers. (the math on BlackSheep's standard 13er of Texas WW is 11 Villager cards, which means a chance of 5 full Vanillagers-- 5.5/13-- this one has a chance of 7 full Vanillagers--7.5/17)

Does that sound all right? I just wanted to make it a bit bigger since it filled up so fast and we still have two weeks to go! laugh


May I ask you what Masons are for?
Usually their use is to let 2 goods know each other. Here it looks like the same as a villager card, or am I wrong?

They share a chat.

Lovers also share a chat, but they also die together (so, they're really Lover/Masons, but with a single card).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Saracco
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (12/17)
rgatti wrote:
Saraxsr wrote:
violintides wrote:

I did some calculations. Can someone comment and let me know what you think about this?
Added one Werewolf to the mix (4/17).
Added a second Tinker. (to give the wolves a bit more chance of cover)
Added two Masons. (I may dislike the roles, but some people like 'em)
Added 4 Villagers.
I figure if I added 3 more 'claimable' cards and one Werewolf, that I should add an equivalent number of Villagers. (the math on BlackSheep's standard 13er of Texas WW is 11 Villager cards, which means a chance of 5 full Vanillagers-- 5.5/13-- this one has a chance of 7 full Vanillagers--7.5/17)
Does that sound all right? I just wanted to make it a bit bigger since it filled up so fast and we still have two weeks to go! laugh

May I ask you what Masons are for?
Usually their use is to let 2 goods know each other. Here it looks like the same as a villager card, or am I wrong?

They share a chat.
Lovers also share a chat, but they also die together (so, they're really Lover/Masons, but with a single card).


Yeah, I get that they share a chat... So what? Well, maybe could became useful if they are seer-cleared at some point in the game?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (12/17)
Saraxsr wrote:
rgatti wrote:
Saraxsr wrote:
violintides wrote:

I did some calculations. Can someone comment and let me know what you think about this?
Added one Werewolf to the mix (4/17).
Added a second Tinker. (to give the wolves a bit more chance of cover)
Added two Masons. (I may dislike the roles, but some people like 'em)
Added 4 Villagers.
I figure if I added 3 more 'claimable' cards and one Werewolf, that I should add an equivalent number of Villagers. (the math on BlackSheep's standard 13er of Texas WW is 11 Villager cards, which means a chance of 5 full Vanillagers-- 5.5/13-- this one has a chance of 7 full Vanillagers--7.5/17)
Does that sound all right? I just wanted to make it a bit bigger since it filled up so fast and we still have two weeks to go! laugh

May I ask you what Masons are for?
Usually their use is to let 2 goods know each other. Here it looks like the same as a villager card, or am I wrong?

They share a chat.
Lovers also share a chat, but they also die together (so, they're really Lover/Masons, but with a single card).


Yeah, I get that they share a chat... So what? Well, maybe could became useful if they are seer-cleared at some point in the game?

They can confirm each other's Mason card. That can be big in this game.

Also, sharing a chat can be helpful. Though, since you could be sharing a chat with a Wolf/Mason, it can also be a little paranoid.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Eglinton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (12/17)
Yup yup, this looks fun.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lasse Sumborg
Denmark
Odense M
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (12/17)
Knock knock.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giorgio Saracco
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing - G.B. Shaw
badge
No matter how you look at it, I'm the nicest in the world!
mbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (12/17)
LaSJ wrote:
Knock knock.


Who is?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (12/17)
saraccog1 wrote:
LaSJ wrote:
Knock knock.


Who is?


Amos.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lasse Sumborg
Denmark
Odense M
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (12/17)
saraccog1 wrote:
LaSJ wrote:
Knock knock.


Who is?


To
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
California
flag msg tools
"Don't be afraid of death, be afraid of the unlived life." --Natalie Babbitt, 'Tuck Everlasting'
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (12/17)
LaSJ wrote:
saraccog1 wrote:
LaSJ wrote:
Knock knock.


Who is?


To

Lasse, do you have any opinions on the balance of this game?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lasse Sumborg
Denmark
Odense M
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Texas Werewolf VI - In Sign-up (12/17)
violintides wrote:
LaSJ wrote:
saraccog1 wrote:
LaSJ wrote:
Knock knock.


Who is?


To

Lasse, do you have any opinions on the balance of this game?


It could go both ways, but I think with 4 wolves and unlucky villagers this could be over by D2.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [159] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.