Scott Starkey
United States
Dayton
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Us versus Them playtest -- Optional replacements can still come in, only round 1!
OK, let's play on, just the 6 of you. I have all Roles locked in.

Please size up the competition, and PRIVATELY tell me two actions you'd like to perform, as well as the targets. You can either use GeekMail or Cassandra.

I realize there is not a lot of information in Round 1 - it's pretty random... (I guess like regular werewolf in that respect.) However, as the game goes on, and people have used their roles, you'll have a better idea of what they might choose next.

If possible, I'd like actions to me before 5:00PM Tuesday April 3.

Note: If someone is lurking and still wants to play, please let me know ASAP. Now's a great time to join. I will send you a copy of the rules and roles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
California
flag msg tools
"Don't be afraid of death, be afraid of the unlived life." --Natalie Babbitt, 'Tuck Everlasting'
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Us versus Them playtest -- ONE Optional replacement can still come in, only round 1!
"size up the competition"? No one is talking for me to really get a good read on anyone. How can we instigate more chatter in this roleset?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Us versus Them playtest -- ONE Optional replacement can still come in, only round 1!
I like toast.

I'm considering voting for violin simply because she responded to the thread first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
California
flag msg tools
"Don't be afraid of death, be afraid of the unlived life." --Natalie Babbitt, 'Tuck Everlasting'
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
saberwolf13 wrote:
I like toast.

I'm considering voting for violin simply because she responded to the thread first.

Awww. now you're just being sweet Saber.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Wilson
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is more of a playtest than anything else, so I am certainly down for crapshoot firing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
As your leader, I promise that we will no longer burn perfectly good bread on this base.

And yes, I am saying I'm a human worthy of voting for. Someone need to put real info out there to start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Wilson
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nyriv wrote:
As your leader, I promise that we will no longer burn perfectly good bread on this base.

And yes, I am saying I'm a human worthy of voting for. Someone need to put real info out there to start.

Does this also insinuate that those who like to burn bread are unworthy of your leadership and must be executed at all costs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Guenhwyvhar wrote:
nyriv wrote:

Does this also insinuate that those who like to burn bread are unworthy of your leadership and must be executed at all costs?

A tough philosophical question. Let me punt by saying if said person burns bread merely by looking at it, yes. If they seem capable of using a toaster, we should give them a pass for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
nyriv wrote:
Guenhwyvhar wrote:
nyriv wrote:

A tough philosophical question. Let me punt by saying if said person burns bread merely by looking at it, yes. If they seem capable of using a toaster, we should give them a pass for now.

I like toast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
So we're going to play the crap-shoot way, eh? Somehow I don't think this will be very rewarding as such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
nyriv wrote:
So we're going to play the crap-shoot way, eh? Somehow I don't think this will be very rewarding as such.

nyriv vote for me and I vote for violin, and violin vote for nyriv?

I feel we should reward each other for at least participating...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
put guen in there somewhere too. Just noticed he posted as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Other than the burnt bread thing, our minds are working in sync.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
nyriv->saber->violin-->guen-->nyriv

look ok?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Too late. I already voted for nyriv.

Also I like toast. But only when it has peanut butter on it. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
violintides wrote:
Too late. I already voted for nyriv.

Also I like toast. But only when it has peanut butter on it. ninja

why is it too late? we still have half an hour to switch our votes.

I'll vote for you and nyriv vote for me then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Arenson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
5pm deadlines do not work for me. I am at work all day and won't have a chance to participate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Wilson
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just don't know how to collect information in the first round of this game, other than trying to guess who I think would pick a human and who would pick a cyborg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Starkey
United States
Dayton
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Working on the results...

(Andy, we can be flexible about the time, if you would like to propose a better time.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Starkey
United States
Dayton
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a Xeno, so he can declare which side he's on, based on the following information:

Wow, looking in this first room, it could be a bloodbath! Oh, noes! Who will survive!

Arenson - Ensign wow
Guen - Ensign wow
Marrk - Cyborg Queen robot
Nyriv - Ensign wow
Saberwolf - Cyborg Queen robot
Violintides - Xeno goo

Violintides, please select which faction you will support this round...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Starkey
United States
Dayton
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Guenhwyvhar wrote:
I just don't know how to collect information in the first round of this game, other than trying to guess who I think would pick a human and who would pick a cyborg.

It should be easier after the first round or two!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Starkey
United States
Dayton
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you ever hear that funny joke about the three Starfleet ensigns in a room with two Cyborg Queens? We're about to get to the punchline... right now!

== Attack phase! ==
Cyborg Queen Marrk looks around the room at all the tasty Humans, but cannot decide which one to eat! Decisions, decisions!

Cyborg Queen Saberwolf gets frustrated by the lack of decision in Marrk, and takes a big bite out of her. Marrk takes *** damage, but is still alive. Saberwolf would ordinarily lose a {C} point for attacking an ally, but can't go below zero, so in the end everyone agrees it was worth it.

Xeno Violintides attacks Saberwolf! A hit! Saberwolf takes ** damage, but is still alive. Since the Xeno decided to back the Humans, thats [H][H] for Violintides.

That's the end of the Attack phase. People didn't feel particularly violent this round. Plus, everyone survived!

== Voting phase! ==
Ensign Arenson votes for Nyriv, a fellow Human. Arenson gets [H][H]. Nyriv has 1 Vote.
Ensign Guenhwyvhar votes for Nyriv - sure, why not!? Guen gets [H][H], and Nyriv is up to 2 votes.
Ensign Nyriv likes Guen back and picks up a cool [H][H]. Guen has 1 Vote. Nyriv also votes for Saberwolf the Queen, losing {H}. Saberwolf gains a vote, however!
Saberwolf votes for Violintides, that treacherous Xeno. Violintides gets a vote. Again Saber cannot go below zero points, so no loss there, but nothing gained.
Violintides casts the third vote for Ensign Nyriv. Violin gains [H][H].

== Vote tally ==
Nyriv 3
Guenhwyvhar 1
Violintides 1
Saberwolf 1

Nyriv is the leader of the room, and gains [H][H]. The HUMANS win room 1.

== End of round points ==
Arenson, Guenhwyvhar, and Nyriv somehow all miraculously survived the round, and each gain [H][H]! Go, TEAM REDSHIRT!

Score at the end of Room 1:
Humans 1, Cyborgs 0. When one faction wins 4 points, the game is over!

arenson9 H4, C0
Guenhwyvhar H4, C0
marrk H0, C0 [Queen ] (Has one heart left!)
nyriv H5, C0
saberwolf13 H0, C0 [Queen ♡♡] (Has two hearts left!)
Violintides H4, C0

[Unfortunately, I didn't receive anything from Marrk, so I gave him two NULLs.]

Please consider your Room 2, and send it to me before tomorrow evening. You may pick the same role if you wish, or pick a different role. I have someone wanting to step in to replace Marrk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured if ANYONE was going to be a human and most likely ensign, it would be maark... shake

what are the odds that I attack the ONLY cyborg and no human gets attacked... shake

not a good start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Us versus Them playtest -- Humans win round 1 (Due to Emo Cyborg Queen catfight)
I thought it went decently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Us versus Them playtest -- Humans win round 1 (Due to Emo Cyborg Queen catfight)
nyriv wrote:
I thought it went decently.

it did for you. It put you in the lead.

I plan on putting you further ahead.

So long as you hold the lead, my vote will always be for you.

So this round, I am voting for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.