BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Us versus Them playtest -- Please send in Room 3 roles! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mandiekinz
United States
California
flag msg tools
"Don't be afraid of death, be afraid of the unlived life." --Natalie Babbitt, 'Tuck Everlasting'
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Us versus Them playtest -- Humans win round 1 (Due to Emo Cyborg Queen catfight)
I think the 'Xeno' card was a good choice, ne?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Arenson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: Us versus Them playtest -- Humans win round 1 (Due to Emo Cyborg Queen catfight)
Yekrats wrote:
Working on the results...

(Andy, we can be flexible about the time, if you would like to propose a better time.)

My preference would be 11pm Eastern, but any time as early as 7pm Eastern will give me a chance to do at least some interaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Starkey
United States
Dayton
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
arenson9 wrote:
Yekrats wrote:
Working on the results...

(Andy, we can be flexible about the time, if you would like to propose a better time.)

My preference would be 11pm Eastern, but any time as early as 7pm Eastern will give me a chance to do at least some interaction.

Please send me your roles sometime before 9pm tonight, then have your actions to me before 9pm tomorrow at the latest. However, if people get their roles or actions to me early, I will announce that, and we can move on to the next phase. Will that work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
So what's happening here? I've subbed in for marrk - or at least I will when yekrats puts him up for replacement (hint, hint).

Looks like the Cyborgs took it in the teeth. And that it's a bad idea to play 2 NULLs. Good to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yekrats wrote:
current score:
arenson9 H4, C0
Guenhwyvhar H4, C0
marrk H0, C0 [Queen ] (Has one heart left!)
nyriv H5, C0
saberwolf13 H0, C0 [Queen ♡♡] (Has two hearts left!)
Violintides H4, C0

4 players are now pulling for a human victory, with saber and I wanting the cyborgs to pull ahead, since we're in a hole relative to everyone else for a human victory.

Let me just remind the human friendly folks that nyriv is in front, and will stay there unless you do something about it. He's going to be pushing for a human victory as quickly as possible, so you'll need to oppose that, at least a little, if you want a shot at winning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are looking for a player to replace marrk. Please go to http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/7802... to replace the player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Starkey
United States
Dayton
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Brian!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Anyone interested in coordinating roles a little?

My first thought is that Cyborg roles are probably a bad idea, since I think a lot of you will choose Human roles. But then, if you're all Human, then I actually want to pick a Cyborg drone and see if I can kill off an officer and get another Cyborg elected (any volunteers?).

The more I think about it, Officer seems to be a very powerful role, since if you live, the humans automatically win the room - it's possible that you lose the tiebreak to another Officer, but the humans are guaranteed the win. So I'd expect those pulling for the Humans to be taking a hard look at Officer. Of course, a pair of Cyborg Soldiers could take out 4 Officers. You see where I'm going with that, Saber?

Human security agent puts a wrinkle in that, since they would shoot first. But if one of the pro-humans chooses security agent, then they're choosing a lower amount of points than they would get as Officer - taking one for the team, except that there isn't any team here. You're basically hamstringing yourself to help the humans win. Might as well join the Cyborgs in that case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
I could go for the above strategy, but giving myself the role that benefits from being attacked is my current thought. Even though I'm in last place, I feel like I'm a target. At least this way if I'm attacked I'll get points, and if not, then the "human favoured" need to choose among themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
yeah, the only problem there is that you get Cyborg points - which are worthless if the Humans win the game. That's the crux of the problem here - unless some of the other players choose to push the Cyborg cause a little, we're pretty much hosed. And it's tight enough right now that I think they will not defect - it's going to take someone getting a lead of several human points before the others realize they're going to be losers if they keep pushing the humans.

Gaining Cyborg points actually disincentivises them from pushing Cyborgs - if they can't catch up somewhere, then might as well keep pushing the humans, and hope for the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
In light of this discussion, I'm willing to announce I will go security to hunt down anyone who claims cyborg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
bwt2q wrote:
yeah, the only problem there is that you get Cyborg points - which are worthless if the Humans win the game. That's the crux of the problem here - unless some of the other players choose to push the Cyborg cause a little, we're pretty much hosed. And it's tight enough right now that I think they will not defect - it's going to take someone getting a lead of several human points before the others realize they're going to be losers if they keep pushing the humans.

Gaining Cyborg points actually disincentivises them from pushing Cyborgs - if they can't catch up somewhere, then might as well keep pushing the humans, and hope for the best.

see, I came to this conclusion as well. This is why I'm voting for nyriv every round. If I help make a clear leader, it will cause more defects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
nyriv wrote:
In light of this discussion, I'm willing to announce I will go security to hunt down anyone who claims cyborg.

I'm cyborg. Attack me and I'll get bwt to attack you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
nyriv - you attack Saber, and I'll make sure there are no surviving officers that might steal the Leader spot from you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
bwt2q wrote:
nyriv - you attack Saber, and I'll make sure there are no surviving officers that might steal the Leader spot from you.

this works better

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
ok bwt, just to make sure we coordinate, I'm going cyborg drone, to dissuade any attacks on me and to make sure they fight among each other. You should vote me and attack whoever you feel needs to be further away from nyriv.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Got it. Of course, that means that a security agent might be targeting me, to try to kill me before I can shoot. So I may be taking drone, or possibly a human role to try and throw negative human points at others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
bwt2q wrote:
Got it. Of course, that means that a security agent might be targeting me, to try to kill me before I can shoot. So I may be taking drone, or possibly a human role to try and throw negative human points at others.

well if I'm not the drone, I'll be the medic. Take that into your calculations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
So, this is a three player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
nyriv wrote:
So, this is a three player game?

it would seem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Starkey
United States
Dayton
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Arenson said he works during the day and would be active in the evenings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Wilson
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also work during the day.

In light of the conversation, I am not going to admit to any role.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
Guenhwyvhar wrote:

seeing as you are a contender for the lead, I don't blame you.

As someone who is already at zero, it doesn't bother me to play openly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
California
flag msg tools
"Don't be afraid of death, be afraid of the unlived life." --Natalie Babbitt, 'Tuck Everlasting'
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guenhwyvhar wrote:

Me neither.

I also work during the day, though.

I also am moderating a Werewolf game while playing in three of them (and a fourth just started, goddamnit).

I have terrible insomnia so I am always up super late (when no one else is around and posting/chatting except for Rgatti and sometimes Saberwolf).

...and I hate my life because of all of these above reasons. yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
violintides wrote:
Guenhwyvhar wrote:

Me neither.

I also work during the day, though.

I also am moderating a Werewolf game while playing in three of them (and a fourth just started, goddamnit).

I have terrible insomnia so I am always up super late (when no one else is around and posting/chatting except for Rgatti and sometimes Saberwolf).

...and I hate my life because of all of these above reasons. yuk

that kinda makes me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.