$10.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
301 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Testing the Percentages - A Games Only Math Trade - Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A games only math trade to see what can kind of trade percentage we end up with.

Please make sure to read through the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times. Pay particular attention to rule #1.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades: Math Trade Video Tutorials

Trade Geeklist: Testing the Percentages - A Games Only Math Trade

Request GeekList: Testing the Percentages - A Games Only Math Trade - Requests

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Monday Mar 19th (9:00 PM EDT) to Friday Mar 23rd (6:00 PM EDT)

Want List Submissions: Friday Mar 23rd (6:00 PM EDT) to Sunday Mar 25th (11:00 PM EDT)

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Only boardgames and RPG's are allowed to be put up for trade. That means no gift certificates, video games, dvds, books, toys, etc... allowed - no exceptions. GeekGold will be allowed for this trade, but GG arbitrage is forbidden.

2. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

3. Sweetners are to be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown menu or manually inserted using the GAMEID link. If you don't follow this format your sweetners will not show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. Shipping - You must clearly state your shipping policies for this math trade. At a minimum, you shall be required to cover shipping to your own country's contiguous mainland (sorry AK & HI). If you fail to state your shipping policy, it will be assumed that you will ship anywhere in the world for free!

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweetners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection) SEED=7654321, ITERATIONS=100 Metric=Users-Trading

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Friday, Mar 23rd, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Sunday Mar 25th, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
# MISSING 31 WANTS (1.7%) FROM 6 USER(s) (2.2%):
# gregparso (23)
# mumhoefer (1)
# phacops (1)
# pyroraptor70 (1)
# skipsizemore (1)
# Thid (4)

Num trades = 245 of 1750 items (14.0%)
Users Trading = 152
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Official Wants = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/139440-officialwants.txt

Results (OLWLG) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Results (TXT) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/139440-results-official.tx...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent idea! I'm wondering 2 things:
1)if we will see an increase in Geekgold Offerings.
2)if there will be less items listed because the last math trade just ended the other day and some folks may not have any games to offer (ie: out of trade bait, haven't had a chance to try out the games they are getting in the last math trade, etc)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we may see a few more GG offerings than normal. However I don't really see any GG being moved since GG is so devalued now (unless anyone tries offering an insane amount).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bailey
United States
Warner Robins
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Cool. Thanks for running this. I'm in once it shows up in the Math Trade Gateway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Roney
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woohoo! Five entries on the first page. There are usually 500 items on the list before I even hear about it......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anick Lavictoire
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I offered 300 GG during last week's trade and I was surprised at the low value of the wants that were attached to it. I guess I personally value it more than others? I won't be posting any GG this time around -- I'll save it for the G4GG Lotteries...

Love the idea of a a Games-only trade. Best of luck, Everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
everdistracted wrote:
I offered 300 GG during last week's trade and I was surprised at the low value of the wants that were attached to it. I guess I personally value it more than others?

There are cash for GG auctions going on fairly often so you can generally gauge the exchange rate. 300GG is about $7-8, so you can see why you didn't get much interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Walden
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh crap. I didn't really think anyone would do this.

Well, there goes another week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anick Lavictoire
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
everdistracted wrote:
I offered 300 GG during last week's trade and I was surprised at the low value of the wants that were attached to it. I guess I personally value it more than others?

There are cash for GG auctions going on fairly often so you can generally gauge the exchange rate. 300GG is about $7-8, so you can see why you didn't get much interest.

Wow, so that was really stupid of me to trade away a $30 video game for 100GG in my last trade then, eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mb
I'm not sure I understand why GG is allowed in the Games Only Math Trade... but okay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny B
United States
Baltimore
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey I can't see this Mathtrade on the OLWLG site. Can anyone help me out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
I'm not sure I understand why GG is allowed in the Games Only Math Trade... but okay.

Check out note #3 on the OLWLG homepage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aric Ashgrove
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Currently Designing and play testing a dexterity print and play game "Flicking Through the Pleistocene!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Value is relative, really, especially in trades. If you find more enjoyment in the 100 GG than you did said game, you got a fair trade. There is a estimated exchange rate here on BGG that tells you of the current value of GG http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/GeekGold_Exchange_Rate .But that is prone to bouts of rowing like any fiat currency.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnymut wrote:

We have to wait for JeffyJeff to add this trade to the OLWLG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnymut wrote:

Probably hasn't been synced yet. Or something. I'm just guessing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. We're now up and running in the OLWLG as well. Let's see how many games we can get in this trade in the next 4 days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Arnold
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it safe to assume game accessories (upgraded components, for example) are allowed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Vandertol
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you, now remain in my love. You did not choose me, but I chose you, and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit, fruit that will last. -- Jesus Christ
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume it's on purpose that GG arbitrage is not disallowed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny B
United States
Baltimore
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi relatively new to bgg. I still have no idea how to add the sweetner image. Can anyone help me out with that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monkeyman wrote:
Is it safe to assume game accessories (upgraded components, for example) are allowed?

Yes. Game accessories are allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mirrordude wrote:
I assume it's on purpose that GG arbitrage is not disallowed?

An oversight when I was editing the rules for the trade. I'll make the correction right now so that GG arbitrage is not allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnymut wrote:
Hi relatively new to bgg. I still have no idea how to add the sweetner image. Can anyone help me out with that?

Each image found on BGG has an associated ID number that can be found in the URL for that image. Find the image you want to include and take note of that number.

Then when you are adding your sweetener click on the little camera icon that says "Insert Geek Image". Input the ID number you want and you're good to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.