$10.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Di Renjie» Forums » Reviews

Subject: A Short and Quick Preview - The Chinese Sherlock Holmes - Di Renjie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guan Chih Huang
Taiwan
Taipei
Taipei City
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I have been invited to play test this game last summer, I think I will give this game a little help, since it's only less than 3 days and close to the goal on Kickstarter!

Di Renjie is a quick bluffing and deduction game. If you don't know who Di Renjie is, imagine he is the Chinese Sherlock Holmes.

After I got the rules, I have made myself a prototype to test this game and here is the result:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who should Play?
The game itself is a easy concept, think of a set collection but with a bit of spice. Some player interactions, some thinking process, so I imagine gamers will like it as well.

I have played CLUE/Mystery Express before, This has the same feeling but clearly its a different game.

When to Play?
Between two big games, its only a small deck of cards so it will be easy to play while travelling.

How was it?
Quicker than most of the deduction game, The rules sounds like CLUE but not really with the element of suspects and assassin inside. Both of these spice the game up and increase depth of the game.

What I liked?
1.Suitable for 2-6 player (Support many players)
2.Play under an hour (Quick)
3.Play sets, draw card then play another set, the cards only has symbol, arts, number, color, no lengthy text to read.(Easy to understand)
4. Set Collection twist by Deduction + Bluffing

Finally
I really hope this game will make the goal, since I think we do need another deduction filler in the market, which I have not seen for so long on other small deduction games that play in 30 mins-45 mins.

Good Luck!

By Jacky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ta-Te Wu
United States
ALHAMBRA
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Jacky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick B
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The fact that Di Renjie is a deduction game, along with the great-looking artwork, immediately drew me in. It's also only $10 - that doesn't hurt either!

Here's a link to the Kickstarter campaign...maybe too little too late, but I'd love to see this one get funded.

Kickstarter - Di Renjie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn Althuizen
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
badge
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
mbmbmbmbmb
The artwork is great indeed. I just upped my pledge a bit as I also want to see the project make it. And isn't that what Kickstarter is all about. It's not just about getting your copy of the game, right? Right!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guan Chih Huang
Taiwan
Taipei
Taipei City
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is goona happen, HURRAH!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
meh
United Kingdom
devon
flag msg tools
bgg69125 wrote:
This game is goona happen, HURRAH!

Yey!!!

edit: Congrats Ta-Te
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.