Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raman Ohri
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In our first play of this, effectively everyone was at zero sanity at the end of a turn. We did some interpretation on the order of events and decided on one player as a winner. In retrospect, given that this is a Cthulu game, shouldnt a 'no one wins scenario' be thematically righteous?

I didn't see anything like this in the rule book or online. The end scenario was two remaining players with one sanity left, active player had the locker card that did one damage to others on defeating a faculty, active player defeating one and losing to another faculty and taking a sanity damage themself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Keegan
United States
Whitman
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say "When a player loses their last point of Sanity, the player is eliminated from the game. The last player with any Sanity left wins!"

Sounds like the win condition triggers right away, not at the end of a turn. The rules state that Students attack first and 'Defeat' abilities happen when Faculty are defeated. Then, Students take damage from remaining Faculty. So in your scenario, when the Faculty was destroyed the locker did one damage to the opponent, who is now at 0 sanity and eliminated. At this point the active player is the last left, immediately winning the game. The Faulty attack phase will not even happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raman Ohri
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is how we interpreted it as well.

Perhaps I should have posted this to Variants, as my real question is 'Does this sound like a good rule to have' (the school wins scenario). I'm happy to run any house rule I like, was curious about others and perhaps the authors opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.