Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Ho
United States
Long Island City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this has been talked before here and there a little, but wanted ultimate clarification either from Hanno or Eugene if possible.

The compendium and many different languages have the Brushwood Roof minor requiring 2 occupations; whereas the English version says 3 occupations. At play-agricola, it's still only played as 3 occupations. What is the official stance? (Yes, I know Hanno said in the compendium thread that the compendium is official)

Is the error for Brushwood Roof similar to the error for Moldboard Plow (should say twice, but says "once") in the English version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bove
United States
East Lansdowne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At Boite a Jeux the requirement is also 2 occupations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ho
United States
Long Island City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I should add play-agricola plays it as 3 occs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shields
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pioneer99 wrote:
The compendium and many different languages have the Brushwood Roof minor requiring 2 occupations; whereas the English version says 3 occupations. At play-agricola, it's still only played as 3 occupations. What is the official stance? (Yes, I know Hanno said in the compendium thread that the compendium is official)

I think this is probably your answer. I don't think Hanno has specifically weighed in on this, but it's very likely he'd back the compendium.

That answer also has the virtue of making a lot more sense. If it's 3 in English and 2 in every other language, it's much more likely that it's the English version that has the mistake rather than every other version. Especially since the game was not originally written in English.

Playagricola.com was created by English speakers based on the English cards. Boite a Jeux was created by French speakers based on the French cards. In that sense neither of those are particularly helpful to us.

Personally I think it's also worth noting that it's a pretty weak card at the 3 occupation requirement. Especially when compared side by side to Clay Roof. Obviously there are lots of bad cards that are not misprints, but it seems like one more bit of evidence in favor of saying the English version is wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ho
United States
Long Island City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree on all points you made regarding evidence. I am in favor of getting it switched to 2 occupations. I'm just hoping for clear, unequivocal endorsement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Berne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It's 2, Jim, but not as you know it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ho
United States
Long Island City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And there it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Deotte
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When I get back home from vacation in April, I will change the card at Play-Agricola.com to a 2 Occupation requirement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.