Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have pulled Meteor for sale from the Game Crafter. More news as it develops.

This has absolutely nothing to do with The Game Crafter, and I strongly urge you to check out my other games there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tavis Parker
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
publisher
Self-publish your own games through The Game Crafter's print on demand service!
badge
Are you a game designer? Join over 58,000 users in our community who love designing games and playing indie games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Mike,

This has happened several times in the past and when it first started happening, we were concerned. But then we discovered that games that get pulled from The Game Crafter, are usually doing that because they are moving on to bigger/better things. (ie. Signing with a game publisher!)

So thanks for the update and I have no doubt that Meteor has a bright future ahead. We look forward to some great news!

Regards,

Tavis Parker
The Game Crafter, LLC
www.thegamecrafter.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The publisher in question is Pandasaurus.

And I don't think I could have done it without the Game Crafter. By having a place where I could self-publish and generate reviews, I gave potential publishers a lot to think about for the game. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
http://pandasaurusgames.com/project/meteor/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tavis Parker
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
publisher
Self-publish your own games through The Game Crafter's print on demand service!
badge
Are you a game designer? Join over 58,000 users in our community who love designing games and playing indie games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Mike,

This is very exciting news and we're thrilled. Obviously when a game leaves our community it's both a happy and sad moment! But we know we're just a starting point for new games and ideas.

And thank you for the kind words. It really makes our day to hear that we're helping game designers become successful. We'll be reaching out to you at some point to get your success story, but for now you've got some exciting work ahead!

Cheers!

Tavis Parker
The Game Crafter, LLC
www.thegamecrafter.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Mike,

You know what they say about if you cast your bread upon the waters?

Remember that review copy you sent to VICTORY POINT GAMES? Well, at the time, we really could not facilitate manufacturing a game with that many cards, and we reluctantly turned METEOR down.

Well, times change. This past weekend VPG moved to a larger facility and has the equipment here/coming soon to manufacture cards games. Everything is falling into place.

I have taken your METEOR game and handed it off to our boardgames producer, Nathan Hansen, and game analyst, Stephanie Newland. No doubt it will be on the playtest/review tables this weekend, if nothing else, just for fun (because we remember it being a really neat game).

If you do not have it committed elsewhere, then we should talk. I think you will be happy with what you'll hear.

Thanks,

Alan Emrich
Victory Point Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:

If you do not have it committed elsewhere, then we should talk. I think you will be happy with what you'll hear.

That is great news, but I'm afraid I have committed it elsewhere, signed a contract and everything. Thank you very much for the offer, but I cannot commit to you publishing Meteor at this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that is too bad for us too... we were interested as well! Best of luck with the game Mike, it looks like a winner!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Must me nice to have them lining up at the door for you Mike! =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmb
I haven't jumped in here, but certainly should have already.

We are extremely excited for Meteor, and have some really big plans for the game. We're working on artwork right now, and will be announcing more as we move forward.

Great to see other publishers interested in the game as well, we jumped on it really quickly and I'm glad we did. It's one of the more unique games I've played and think gamers are going to love it.

- Nathan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Jarmusch

Oakland
New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read the reviews here on the Geek and I really think that this could be a game that would actually get all in my family to the table. So, I'm bummed that I missed the opportunity to pick it up from the Game Crafter.soblue But, a nicely polished version might be worth the wait. Is there any projection as to when this will be available?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DJDJ wrote:
I've read the reviews here on the Geek and I really think that this could be a game that would actually get all in my family to the table. So, I'm bummed that I missed the opportunity to pick it up from the Game Crafter.soblue But, a nicely polished version might be worth the wait. Is there any projection as to when this will be available?

Same here. Just saw this on a geeklist, and, well....

Any timeline info would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hauger
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on the game Meteor?

The pandasaurusgames link is dead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in case people are subscribed to this thread and otherwise unaware: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1244935/meteor-live-kick...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.